Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 08-07-2012, 11:02 PM   #1
zakjames

Default Various thoughts and advise please

Currently have an AUII XR8 ute which im looking to work abit in the very near future. I know theres been a heap of threads on each of these topics but I was wondering on what those with a little more knowledge in the field would have to think of the situation.

Engine is a 200kw model from factory that has had a very lumpy Isky cam put in from the previous owner (do not know part number of cam ATM) and large fuel pump. Although its running a BTR auto its been built with a reputable trans. shop that has said his previous ones can take 500hsp all day, its also got a 3000stall. I have an Edelbrock Performer RPM manifold to fit to it but have decided to do the rest of the work in one hit. First up is exhaust, i'm stuck between brands and either 4-1 or 4-2-1; I've heard 4-1 is better for camed up engines, and i'm also looking at boosting it soon too. Although most would go for a centrifugal super set up I kind of have my heart se on turboing it with low to mid boost just to be safe. I've been told that a turbo from an XR6T would be perfect if I got a bigger exhaust housing for it but where would I find either of these in the first place? Im looking at making full boost around 3000rpm or so as this is when the cam comes into full effect too.

Also will naturally be adding the appropriate safety measures with this set up like better brakes, tail shaft loops, surge tank etc.

So what is everyones thoughts and ideas about how I should go about each of these problems?

the exhaust
which turbo
what size injectors will I be looking at to cope with the turbo

anything else that i've forgotten to mention?

zakjames is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post