Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 25-05-2012, 07:22 PM   #1
H.O.
Starter Motor

Default The passing of Wayne Draper

On the 24th May 2012, we lost one of Australia's most treasured automotive designers and characters. So....Ladies and Gentleman, start your engines. Wayne Draper has left us for the big race track in the sky. We will miss him, always remember him, and will look to the example he left us for guidance. HO will continue with flying colours under the faithful eyes of his children. The family has heard many amazing stories from all the old gang and Ford over the last few days, so feel free to share your own. If you want to know more about Wayne's design history, have a look on our Facebook page (in our photo albums) or have a look at the about section of our website. There are links to both at http://www.hointerceptor.com.au/

This man will be severly missed by many, but his legacy will continue in drive and spirit.

Wayne's loving son, Rob.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Waynes Head shot-69.jpg (57.1 KB, 124 views)
Old 25-05-2012, 07:30 PM   #2
XPfalcon170

Default Re: The passing of Wayne Draper

Very sad news indeed. Sorry for your loss Rob. RiP Wayne
Old 25-05-2012, 07:38 PM   #3
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Sad loss indeed.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 25-05-2012, 07:44 PM   #4
Rob 351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As a Ford fan & a big fan of the XD-XE Falcons, this is very sad news. Along with Carol Shelby, with Wayne's passing it's been a tough month for Ford fans.

Sorry for your loss Rob. Very sad indeed :(
Old 25-05-2012, 07:49 PM   #5
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Wow that is not good at all! I only just "liked" the HO facebook page the other day.

RIP.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 25-05-2012, 09:37 PM   #6
samsy351
351XB - Underbelly II Car

I always liked his designs , and they seemed to stand the test of time "style-wise"......he "got it"
RIP :(
Old 25-05-2012, 09:49 PM   #7
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Sorry for your loss Rob,

I only had the pleasure of meeting Wayne once a couple of years ago but he only had time for me, seemed like a really nice bloke with many, many stories to tell.
Old 25-05-2012, 09:50 PM   #8
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Sad news, heard about it last night in the coupe section.

Certainly left his mark on the later X series Falcons, read sometime ago about his XA 2 door and a special motor he fitted to it back then.

Will be sadly missed. RIP Wayne.
Old 25-05-2012, 09:53 PM   #9
GhiaEB
2004 TX Territory

I had spoken to him a few times, he was always great to deal with and always had time for a chat. A sad loss indeed. My condolences to his family.

Now a AWD TX Territory Daily
P6 Silver Monarch Weekender

And on 2 Wheels,
ZZR 250

Can do mixer shaft replacement on BA-BF Falcon and SX-SY, fix your heater Today. PM For more details

For sale: Heaps of Territory bits and bobs including front brembo doglegs, NOS I-design territory body kit painted offshore, also FPV 290 engine bits. FS thread here http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11397826 Pm for more details.
Old 25-05-2012, 10:01 PM   #10
davenl5l
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Unhappy Re: The passing of Wayne Draper

sad day im looking at phase 6 flares for my xe so only just re aquainting myself with the history of phase cars and h.o. damm damm dammm!!!!

Last edited by davenl5l; 25-05-2012 at 10:02 PM. Reason: bad spelling
Old 25-05-2012, 11:26 PM   #11
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Very sad news. I always enjoyed reading his input when interviewed by Australian Muscle Car magazine.

RIP and condolences to Wayne's family.
Old 26-05-2012, 01:14 AM   #12
RPO83
ĕm-bär'gō? 2016

Wayne was a great asset to Ford and the automotive community and one can only imagine the great things that could have been if Ford didn't take the direction they did all those years ago. Was always great spotting H.O. products out and about on our roads. RIP Wayne.
Old 26-05-2012, 06:33 AM   #13
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.O.
On the 24th May 2012, we lost one of Australia's most treasured automotive designers and characters. So....Ladies and Gentleman, start your engines. Wayne Draper has left us for the big race track in the sky. We will miss him, always remember him, and will look to the example he left us for guidance. HO will continue with flying colours under the faithful eyes of his children. The family has heard many amazing stories from all the old gang and Ford over the last few days, so feel free to share your own. If you want to know more about Wayne's design history, have a look on our Facebook page (in our photo albums) or have a look at the about section of our website. There are links to both at http://www.hointerceptor.com.au/

This man will be severly missed by many, but his legacy will continue in drive and spirit.

Wayne's loving son, Rob.
Welcome Rob, what a great first post. Rather than a post of mourning, a celebration of a Legends life.

RIP Wayne, and prayers and thoughts with your family.
Old 26-05-2012, 09:07 AM   #14
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Wayne will be missed by Ford fans who knew his work and how he treated us all but his memory lives on
and every time I see Falcons modified with his kits, I remember the man who took a gamble and just did it.
Old 26-05-2012, 06:01 PM   #15
Till_Lind
E-series fan

My condolences.
Old 28-05-2012, 01:35 AM   #16
H.O.
Starter Motor

All these messages of admiration and support are great to read. We sure do miss him. Thanks very much guys! Rob
Old 28-05-2012, 02:51 PM   #17
Auto-Tek
Ford Original Supplier

Hi Rob,

Many of our staff have had the pleasure of working on many project over the years with Wayne.

Our condolences to you and all of Wayne family,

The Roman Autotek Team
Old 28-05-2012, 09:45 PM   #18
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

I remember talking to Wayne on a couple of occasions over the years, he was very approachable and was a wealth of knowledge of the Ford product.

RIP Wayne
Old 30-05-2013, 04:04 PM   #19
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

Although I have never met Wayne , I am very sad to hear this news . Waynes creations have been a huge influence in my life and my love of all things Ford ! Especially my love of XD to XF falcons . The input and influence on the Ford Marque in Australia is unmesurable and his loss is devastating . My condolences to The Draper family and their friends .

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Old 30-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #20
ryeman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry to you but this year?

Facts or the twitterverse, your choice!

M3SR+ .......MG ZS EV
Closed Thread