Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-11-2011, 09:46 AM   #1
Rodge
Banned

Default Paul Henry to Front New Breakfast Show on Ten

Yeap Controversial former breakfast presenter Paul Henry is to front the new breakfast show on Channel Ten.

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/henr...ove-me-4505057

Bit sad for us Kiwi's who liked him. Sure he was controversial on the N.Z. breakfast show but he was fun and cheeky and a bit of a laugh to watch over one's morning cereal. The current presenters are good but its tamed-down, safe and really quite boring now...

The politically correct brigade nailed him here, wonder if the world is quite so politically correct in Australia ?

You guys win, Kiwi's lose out of this IMHO but what do you think ?

Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2011, 10:39 AM   #2
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Paul Henry to Front New Breakfast Show on Ten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge
Yeap Controversial former breakfast presenter Paul Henry is to front the new breakfast show on Channel Ten.

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/henr...ove-me-4505057

Bit sad for us Kiwi's who liked him. Sure he was controversial on the N.Z. breakfast show but he was fun and cheeky and a bit of a laugh to watch over one's morning cereal. The current presenters are good but its tamed-down, safe and really quite boring now...

The politically correct brigade nailed him here, wonder if the world is quite so politically correct in Australia ?

You guys win, Kiwi's lose out of this IMHO but what do you think ?

saw him on breakfast TV in NZ when I was there on hols in 2009...Thought he was great...Looking forward to seeing him in Sydney...Go Paul Henry !!

and yes it is probably more politically correct over here...even talkback radio isn't as fun as it used to be in the 80's and 90's

Good to see more Kiwis on TV here too...
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2011, 10:47 AM   #3
Rodge
Banned

Good on you mate. Notice I didn't ask for opinions on whether he's worth the $1m plus pay packet, I think we all know the answer to that.
Are those presenters over-paid or what !!, where do I sign up for that sort of work
Old 07-11-2011, 11:15 AM   #4
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge
Good on you mate. Notice I didn't ask for opinions on whether he's worth the $1m plus pay packet, I think we all know the answer to that.
Are those presenters over-paid or what !!, where do I sign up for that sort of work

If he adds value and increases their ratings then all good. If he doesn't deliver on that front he'll be out the back door as quick as he came in the front. Not sure whether the main channels in NZ are still government owned like our ABC network is. However channel 10 is a commercial enterprise ( as is 7 and 9) so he'll need to improve ratings to maintain that income let alone his job.

Current affairs is a tough gig these days with reality TV all but taken over. Many current affairs, news shows and personnel have gone by the wayside in recent times.
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2011, 11:49 AM   #5
Rodge
Banned

Yeap Channell 1 which he was on when here was and still is Govt owned and the P.C. do gooders had the knives out for him over a couple of cheeky comments.

Drives me absolutly nuts that a few do-good nutters who want everything absolutly vanilla white and squeaky clean can ruin the fun for the vast majority who really enbjoyed his funny antics.

Was good fun, he and Pippa Wetzell had really good chemistry and they went down well with the peaches, musli and coffee in the mornings. Now we have two of the most boring politically correct newsreaders on there, its worse then eating controlled atmosphere N.Z. apples for breakfast in the morning. Absolutly tasteless but moth and blight free of course, sorry couldn't resist
Old 07-11-2011, 06:33 PM   #6
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Is this the sheila dikshit guy? I laughed so hard at that when I found it on youtube.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2011, 10:48 PM   #7
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That be the one. He was such a good laugh to watch when we were over there last year, just before he got sacked.