Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 30-10-2011, 02:12 AM   #1
jackson105

Default RIP Brave Diggers

Reports coming in that yet another 3 aussie soliders have been killed, and another 7 wounded in afgan town, where a afgan soldier has turned on them yet again. RIP to all those people that have died, and there families during this tragic time. LEST WE FORGET

2006 Ford ZC Escape XLT

2009 FPV GS Build # 105 in Ego
Old 30-10-2011, 08:25 AM   #2
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: RIP Brave Diggers

enough is enough, bring the boys home...

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/aussie...-1226180532248

RIP Diggers...
Old 30-10-2011, 08:30 AM   #3
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

Thats messed up, they are over there trying to help these people and they go and do this.....

RIP Diggers, condolences for the families.
Old 30-10-2011, 08:42 AM   #4
dags41v
Black 2006 XR8

Really tough to fight the bad guys when you cant tell who they are. RIP.
Old 30-10-2011, 09:11 AM   #5
Reaper8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

bringing them home will do no good and the lives lost so far would be for nothing. I know this is going to sound bad BUT we all know past and presant when we joined that you could lose your life but it is a risk we were and are prepared to take, that can be a sad end to the job. I feel for their familys but i also feel for the people they serve with, they are just like family and will feel the loss just as much. Rip brothers
Old 30-10-2011, 10:09 AM   #6
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

RIP good blokes.

I find it interesting about how people get all antsy and scared about a couple of soldiers deaths and start calling for us to quit and back off. I wonder how these people would have reacted in WW1 when it was quite "normal" to lose thousands of soldiers in one night, or in WW2 when it was standard procedure to carpet bomb entire cities to get a couple of factories, or to lose dozens of bombers each night on air raids?

Modern warfare has fooled people into thinking that it's all press-button, spot-on, missile-through-the-window stuff...but they forget that there are men on the ground shooting point blank at other people trying to kill them back. It's dirty, it's nasty, it isn't pleasant and clean and sterile. And it's thier job. We should support them to the hilt and not turn into cowards and degrade the memory of someone who has just given thier life in service by using them as an excuse to cut and run like scared little girls.

The other point is that if the enemy knows that killing one or two soldiers has such a negative effect on a soft public "back home", then they know they don't have to mount major and expensive campaigns...they only have to use some cheap home-made bombs and try and kill not entire squads of soldiers, but just one or two now and then, and they could well achieve victory quite easily.
Old 30-10-2011, 10:18 AM   #7
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E
RIP good blokes.

I find it interesting about how people get all antsy and scared about a couple of soldiers deaths and start calling for us to quit and back off. I wonder how these people would have reacted in WW1 when it was quite "normal" to lose thousands of soldiers in one night, or in WW2 when it was standard procedure to carpet bomb entire cities to get a couple of factories, or to lose dozens of bombers each night on air raids?

Modern warfare has fooled people into thinking that it's all press-button, spot-on, missile-through-the-window stuff...but they forget that there are men on the ground shooting point blank at other people trying to kill them back. It's dirty, it's nasty, it isn't pleasant and clean and sterile. And it's thier job. We should support them to the hilt and not turn into cowards and degrade the memory of someone who has just given thier life in service by using them as an excuse to cut and run like scared little girls.

The other point is that if the enemy knows that killing one or two soldiers has such a negative effect on a soft public "back home", then they know they don't have to mount major and expensive campaigns...they only have to use some cheap home-made bombs and try and kill not entire squads of soldiers, but just one or two now and then, and they could well achieve victory quite easily.
perfectly put.

il add i dont agree with them being there, but since they are i support them anyway i can.
Old 30-10-2011, 02:38 PM   #8
Big Bird 17

Its a tough job,both for the soldiers and their loved ones.RIP
Old 30-10-2011, 03:10 PM   #9
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
enough is enough, bring the boys home...

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/aussie...-1226180532248

RIP Diggers...
Fully
Agree.
Old 30-10-2011, 03:11 PM   #10
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper8
bringing them home will do no good and the lives lost so far would be for nothing. I know this is going to sound bad BUT we all know past and presant when we joined that you could lose your life but it is a risk we were and are prepared to take, that can be a sad end to the job. I feel for their familys but i also feel for the people they serve with, they are just like family and will feel the loss just as much. Rip brothers

Here ,here , Another vioce of reason ! Being ex-RAAF i understand exactly what your saying, its a shame most other Australians dont because our brothers and sisters over there really need our support ! your support for them means more than you realise !

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Old 30-10-2011, 03:15 PM   #11
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyxe
I take offence to that ^^^
I second that !

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Old 30-10-2011, 04:00 PM   #12
glavas

Its quite pathetic really that the enemy can not defeat us in a conventional battle they have to resort to this kind of tactics.

STAY IN THE FIGHT DIGGERS!!!!!!
Old 30-10-2011, 04:07 PM   #13
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

R.I.P Guys....

Last Post

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
Old 30-10-2011, 04:29 PM   #14
bingoTE50
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Oval Mopar Man
Here ,here , Another vioce of reason ! Being ex-RAAF i understand exactly what your saying, its a shame most other Australians dont because our brothers and sisters over there really need our support ! your support for them means more than you realise !
We support the soldiers,not all of us support the cause. Perhaps the Government needs to support them more and withdraw..Humble pie is difficult to eat but sometimes it may be sweeter in time.
Unfortunately , I believe it is in vain that Aussie soldiers have been killed and maimed and their immediate families will be affected for the rest of their lifes.
They will have appropriate funerals with all dignitaries attending .
Then after the last tear has fallen the families will be left to pick up the pieces with little or no help from the Government to cope.
The after care of active service people and their families is appalling .
I have known of it in my own family circle and also with my friends.
Have the Diggers done a good job ,unquestionably !
Old 30-10-2011, 04:30 PM   #15
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by glavas
Its quite pathetic really that the enemy can not defeat us in a conventional battle they have to resort to this kind of tactics.

STAY IN THE FIGHT DIGGERS!!!!!!
dont forget in there minds they are the righteous and the west is invading their country.

im sure if an invading/occupying force was here id think we would all do whatever necessary to get rid of them.
Old 30-10-2011, 05:12 PM   #16
glavas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingoTE50
We support the soldiers,not all of us support the cause. Perhaps the Government needs to support them more and withdraw..Humble pie is difficult to eat but sometimes it may be sweeter in time.
Unfortunately , I believe it is in vain that Aussie soldiers have been killed and maimed and their immediate families will be affected for the rest of their lifes.
They will have appropriate funerals with all dignitaries attending .
Then after the last tear has fallen the families will be left to pick up the pieces with little or no help from the Government to cope.
The after care of active service people and their families is appalling .
I have known of it in my own family circle and also with my friends.
Have the Diggers done a good job ,unquestionably !

How are they dying in vein? Its called forward deffence strategy. You sleep well at night because a few men our protecting our borders here and in other lands. The whole point of being in the army is to give everything of your self and get nothing in return. I think you need to do some research on FID (foreign internal defense)
Old 30-10-2011, 05:50 PM   #17
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

This thread is a good place to pay respects to our fallen soldiers. Soldiers that through their efforts, sacrifice and pain of both the individual and their past, present and future comrades provide us with the freedom and security we value so much. We owe these fine people a debt we can never repay.

Questioning and debating the reason they are there does not show respect to them, it belittles their commitment and sacrifice. They are not there through choice, they may or may not agree with it. This is irrelevant, they are there because the australian government(and therefore the people) have asked them to, they are fulfilling their commitment.

The debate regarding Australian involvement in this and other operations in this thread stops now. There are your rules of engagement people, warnings will follow. Feel free to pay respect to these fine people.

RIP to our fallen soldiers, you are all heroes in my opinion.
Old 30-10-2011, 06:08 PM   #18
glavas

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT
This thread is a good place to pay respects to our fallen soldiers. Soldiers that through their efforts, sacrifice and pain of both the individual and their past, present and future comrades provide us with the freedom and security we value so much. We owe these fine people a debt we can never repay.

Questioning and debating the reason they are there does not show respect to them, it belittles their commitment and sacrifice. They are not there through choice, they may or may not agree with it. This is irrelevant, they are there because the australian government(and therefore the people) have asked them to, they are fulfilling their commitment.

The debate regarding Australian involvement in this and other operations in this thread stops now. There are your rules of engagement people, warnings will follow. Feel free to pay respect to these fine people.

RIP to our fallen soldiers, you are all heroes in my opinion.

See thats were you a wrong friend. They are there by choice. You join up knowing that you could get deployed to a conflict zone. So once you sign up you agree to these terms. This is not like vietnam eveyone in the army is there of there own free will. But this being said soliders are trained to close in and kill the enemy leave the foreign policy to the civies. But me I would surport the troops to hell and back!!!!!
Old 30-10-2011, 06:14 PM   #19
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Anyone else?
Old 30-10-2011, 06:32 PM   #20
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They shall not grow old as we that are left grow old
Age shall not weary them or the years condemn
At the going down of the sun, and in the morning we shall remember them
Lest we forget

RIP

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
Old 30-10-2011, 06:42 PM   #21
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

Respect...
Old 30-10-2011, 07:56 PM   #22
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

Can we please keep this thread about showing our respects, RATHER then arguing the right / wrongs of why they are there...
Time & place...
If we can't keep this thread about respect, then unfortunately it will be closed.
Old 30-10-2011, 08:05 PM   #23
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

The Regimental Ode
Rest ye, oh warrior,
you'll battle no more,
no longer to live
the horrors of war.
Your duty was done,
with honour and pride.
Farewell, Oh brother,
until we march by your side

Farewell my warrior brothers, until we meet again, Lest We Forget.
Old 30-10-2011, 08:19 PM   #24
bingoTE50
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by glavas
How are they dying in vein? Its called forward deffence strategy. You sleep well at night because a few men our protecting our borders here and in other lands. The whole point of being in the army is to give everything of your self and get nothing in return. I think you need to do some research on FID (foreign internal defense)
Sorry buddy I don't agree. Our borders in Afghanistan ?
I just do not agree with the continued effort. I do not think the actions of the individuals are in vain ,they are proud , courageous people who have paid the ultimate price.
I see you rolled the old cliche out - You sleep at night ........,please give me a break. I sleep at night when I know the mortgage repayment is catered for, my family is healthy,and I can keep my job.
You know I have been to China and they are very nice people. Not monsters who want to take over the world. Now maybe the Government does, I don't know, but the big bad world is not as bad as the bureaucrats want you to believe.
Old 30-10-2011, 08:26 PM   #25
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Please guys keep it on topic , respect for diggers not not a political rant on the merits on not of war. these guys risk their life for Australia while armchair critics sit in saftey because of sacrifices made by diggers. this thread deserves to stay but your refusal to listen will result in closure.

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
Closed Thread