Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 28-10-2011, 11:50 AM   #1
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Happy Birthday Keepleft

Keepleft, a long time member and one of the few who actually knows what goes on with our road politics and often brings the bubbly beat ups and rabid rants that tend to appear on here so often back to earth.

Happy birthday Jeremy and many more in the future....

flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2011, 12:02 PM   #2
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 
Default Re: Happy Birthday Keepleft

Happy birthday Jeremy

Where do you want me to send the reflective safety triangle, witches hats and hi-visibility vests?
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2011, 12:12 PM   #3
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And from me too KL. Have a great day, you bring great insight into these forums. I think you have earned a great deal of respect here since originally copping a huge bagging by banging on about safety triangles. Keep up the good work.
Old 28-10-2011, 05:05 PM   #4
z80
Banned

Have a great day mate, from all the other forums you are a member of as well.
z80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2011, 05:11 PM   #5
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Happy Birthday KL
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2011, 05:36 PM   #6
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Happy day KL!

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2011, 05:51 PM   #7
Scott

Happy Birthday KL, I can guess what you might have asked for too! One of the few people I've seen get a word, shape, musical instrument, tyre brand and safety device all banned from the site vocabulary, all at once
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2011, 06:12 PM   #8
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

HappY birthday Mate
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2011, 11:51 PM   #9
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Happy Birthday. Hope you had an awesome day

Cheers
Col
Old 29-10-2011, 12:01 AM   #10
gtfpv
GT

happy birthday keepleft . i've bought you a nice new shiny set of reflective triangles to replace your old ones . hope you had a great day
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2011, 11:50 PM   #11
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Keepleft, a long time member and one of the few who actually knows what goes on with our road politics and often brings the bubbly beat ups and rabid rants that tend to appear on here so often back to earth.

Happy birthday Jeremy and many more in the future....
Well thank you sire, very decent of you! My Dorian Grey paintings looking very weathered.

Note the Pdf attachment (below) - this design will eventually be seen on all NSW freeway roads, to prevent loons doing illegal U-Turns. Will enable us to advocate speeds >120-130km/h. (I'll link it to another suited thread sometime. (Atm design is seen on F3 and the under construction Hunter Fwy).

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
Happy birthday Jeremy - Where do you want me to send the reflective safety triangle, witches hats and hi-visibility vests?
A tough one - give the triangle and vests away to family n friends for their cars! Give the witches hats to some drama group, and send one to the PM:-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesun
And from me too KL. Have a great day, you bring great insight into these forums. I think you have earned a great deal of respect here since originally copping a huge bagging by banging on about safety triangles. Keep up the good work.
Ta for that - 'change' takes time; the triangle item will become mandatory for new-market cars (plus vest, and quite possibly the first aid kit) in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z80
Have a great day mate, from all the other forums you are a member of as well.
Thanks z80. (Observes C band CS-6A observes CCTV7/10, gathers insight). This growing pussy has ever bigger claws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
Happy Birthday KL
Why thank you! (Psst, you do have the Ford triangle? :-))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout
Happy day KL!
Thanks Max, get that Interceptor running.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Happy Birthday KL, I can guess what you might have asked for too! One of the few people I've seen get a word, shape, musical instrument, tyre brand and safety device all banned from the site vocabulary, all at once
Dang Whirlpool prohibit me from their 'In The News' forum, funny - they don't mind me posting in the Auto bit though. Mutter mutter....

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo347
Happy birthday Mate
Thanks SVO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
Happy Birthday. Hope you had an awesome day
Cheers - Col
Thanks Col, a memorable one it certainly was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
happy birthday keepleft . i've bought you a nice new shiny set of reflective triangles to replace your old ones. hope you had a great day
Thankee gtfpv - Nothing beats the Ford Genuine triangle but:-)

Was an interesting birthday, one I'll never forget. Dear ole uncle had passed away a few days prior, and so I also attended his funeral on the same day, he's now at rest next to his beloved son! OZ lost a tru-blue Scharfschütze Constitutionalist, - an honourable family man. Onya Harry.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NSW Fwy Typical Median Cross Treatment.pdf (134.1 KB, 128 views)
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf

Last edited by Keepleft; 30-10-2011 at 11:55 PM.
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2011, 12:36 AM   #12
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I note the new median crossover design you put up but I noticed today along the F3 that it doesn't stop mr plod from parking facing the on coming traffic so he has to do a U turn across 2 lanes to catch speedsters.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:43 PM   #13
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesun
I note the new median crossover design you put up but I noticed today along the F3 that it doesn't stop mr plod from parking facing the on coming traffic so he has to do a U turn across 2 lanes to catch speedsters.
True that, the design is to deter Mr & Mrs/Ms/Miss Runabout by making "it" obvious to NOT cross here!

Another design of W-beam construction, trialling near the big dipper, closes the entire U-Turn bay. This one slides open.

My personal choice would be to shut them completely and on new road designs, simply not have them. This offends some emergency folk, and police, either of whom cannot comprehend not having median 'emergency services only' U-Turn bays.

Different situation of course to the side-of-road emergency exits.

Anyhow, the wide open nature of these bays is a factor preventing an increase in speed limits; at least that is being remedied, subject to annual funding.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2011, 08:46 PM   #14
05_ENFORCER

Happy Birthday to you sir, and many more to come.

Keep up the good work

Old 01-11-2011, 09:08 PM   #15
vibe_xr6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

happy birthday mate, hope u had a great day

Last edited by flappist; 02-11-2011 at 09:42 AM.
vibe_xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post