Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-06-2011, 02:25 AM   #1
Jorgo85
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Angry eBay disputes

Hi all

I've had a dispute on eBay, and I'm seeking further advice. My wife had bought a bulk lot of childrens clothes on our account and they arrived one week after purchase (NSW to WA) which was reasonable. Upon opening the box, we found that some of the clothes were mouldy, and all of them smelt damp. They were not left in the weather at our end as my wife took delivery of them and they had not inspected them before shipping to us. They'd bought them in and on sold them. We had contacted the seller and tried to resolve it, and they wanted us to pay to ship it back. And after the dispute going to PayPal, they've told us that we do have to pay for shipping. Now, here's the catch. The item was purchase for $100, $31 dollars of that quoted for shipping. Shipping actually cost close to $50. So, we're going to be out of pocket half the original purchase price and be left with no product/item. I can't make sense of it. If you purchased a product that was advertised as new, and it was damaged, would you not expect the vendor to foot the bill when it's due to their negligence?? Does anyone know if matters such as this can be taken further with consumer affairs etc??

Thanks in advance

Jorgo85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2011, 07:55 PM   #2
Springfield_Johny

Default Re: eBay disputes

Yes, you can take the matter up with the office of fair trading in your state, however this is only if you purchased the items from a business, if it is a private sale you may be restricted to common law.

You also may have the option of small claims court to recoup the costs you are out of pocket.
Failing eBay dispute process you may need to seek independent legal assistance

Daily drive 2010 Mitsubishi triton single cab turbo diesel

1968 XT Falcon (project yet to be started)
Springfield_Johny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2011, 08:11 PM   #3
redxm
64 Deluxe 4 door
Donating Member3

I think you will find, even if its a business, the customer has to organise freight to and fro
Is it worth the heartache for $100
redxm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2011, 10:03 PM   #4
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

To save from opening another thread ..
I bought what was advertised as a 60mm wastegate..
When it arrived it was lucky to be 45mm..
The seller said he didn't have any 60mm and would refund if I sent item back..
The freight is near the purchase price of the product !!!
I informed both seller and EBay ..
TMK they are STILL selling them on EBay..
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2011, 10:29 PM   #5
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

can you them back c.o.d or do you still have to pay the frieght
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2011, 01:18 AM   #6
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappy
can you them back c.o.d or do you still have to pay the frieght

Problem if you send them C.O.D is if the receiver refuses to pay for it, you've then got to pay for the freight to and from W.A. That's where it gets really expensive.

Might be best to put it down to experience and not deal with that particular mob again.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2011, 02:29 AM   #7
hiper
[HIPER-8]

give bad feedback detailing the problem and then walk away.

why the hell would they send something that obviously isn't what you paid for and then say "oh sorry, i didn't have any of those in stock"
1994 EF Fairmont Cardinal Red
hiper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2011, 11:16 AM   #8
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

Claim your money back through paypal as item not described, advise the seller the items are available for collection.
nuthin' fancy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2011, 11:34 AM   #9
GT
Mrs Russellw
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: All your effort in keeping me sane and on-track. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For her honest, direct and helpful advice to members. The content of her posts help many members on the forum and most times, turn a very negative thread into a postive one. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuthin' fancy
Claim your money back through paypal as item not described, advise the seller the items are available for collection.
Paypal will not refund you if the Seller agrees to refund you on receipt of the return of goods. You have to return them at your expense and then the seller refunds you. That is how it works.

Paypal only step in and refund you if the Seller refuses to answer your messages and ignores you.

I have had one of each - had to pay the postage back despite being well in the right.
The other was a pair of shoes that was advertised in my size but arrived a size smaller - they ignored my messages and Paypal refunded me in full (including postage) and once that happened they demanded the shoes back. They are still here waiting for the prepaid envelope (2 years later) as Paypal and Ebay don't give a toss about the Seller now I have my money back. I have also suggested they might collect them.

I do agree about the postage issue when the Buyer is clearly in the right ie product not what was advertised.

Cheers
Gaela

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290
Fact is Gaela's GTP IS the quickest NA Boss 290 Sedan now (by a long shot)
The precedent of stripping weight and using full slicks was set years ago now.

So if you want to beat em, ya gotta join em, and being manual makes the time even more credible.
GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2011, 08:29 AM   #10
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

What if EBay know the items are being sold as the wrong size ...
They have been informed and he is still selling them..

I can possibly sell here and get my money back..
BUT if I send item back ?? There is no way the refund will cover freight
expenses..
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2011, 08:55 PM   #11
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

re-post sorry...
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2011, 09:04 PM   #12
hamoudy10
Ford Nut

Glad I didn't buy a fascia from him! Every time i've had a problem with parts I start a dispute on eBay and the parts are sent almost instantly. Tried a dispute?

Petroleum FG MKII XR6 Turbo - 350rwkw

Magnetic 2017 Mustang GT - 300rwkw
hamoudy10 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2011, 09:14 PM   #13
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
Post pack them $10 worth of dog poo that'll learn em.......
HAHA classic!
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2011, 09:38 PM   #14
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamoudy10
Glad I didn't buy a fascia from him! Every time i've had a problem with parts I start a dispute on eBay and the parts are sent almost instantly. Tried a dispute?
Yep but it is past 45 days so i can only try to contact the seller.....
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2011, 09:42 PM   #15
hamoudy10
Ford Nut

craaaap, i never trust them. there's always some dodginess. try report the page under contact member?

Petroleum FG MKII XR6 Turbo - 350rwkw

Magnetic 2017 Mustang GT - 300rwkw
hamoudy10 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2011, 12:22 AM   #16
csw05
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuthin' fancy
In past experience getting money back through PayPal is Painful. I was sold some doggy items a few years ago. Took me a month to get back $150. I had to threaten them with going to ACA for allowing the sale of counterfeit goods before they paid up.
csw05 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2011, 12:40 AM   #17
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFXR65spd
Hi all

Upon opening the box, we found that some of the clothes were mouldy, and all of them smelt damp.
Thanks in advance
Is it just me or does it seem too simple to either discard SOME of the BULK lot that is mouldy or to make the effort and WASH the clothes yourself?
Or would you rather be out $50?
They're the options you have: Pay the return postage and be out of pocket $50 or wash the clothes yourself and not be out $50.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2011, 12:53 AM   #18
Zedjay
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i bought one of those 70s style cruzer skate board's that are all the rage at the moment for my soon last week...he wanted green so we bid on a green one and won it...it turned up yesterday and what color did they send....PINK...messaged them about it and they said just to put it back into the packaging and write "return to sender"..
yeah oncr we get our green one........but maybe you could do the same..return to sender..
Zedjay is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2011, 12:59 AM   #19
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedjay
i bought one of those 70s style cruzer skate board's that are all the rage at the moment for my soon last week...he wanted green so we bid on a green one and won it...it turned up yesterday and what color did they send....PINK...messaged them about it and they said just to put it back into the packaging and write "return to sender"..
yeah oncr we get our green one........but maybe you could do the same..return to sender..
Keep on top of them (assuming it's through Ebay). It's amazing how fast 45 days passes when you wait 5-6 days between emails as well as waiting 7-10 days for postage and returns to be processed.

Open a dispute at 40 days no matter what the promise is is you haven't received what you bid on.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2011, 01:09 AM   #20
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
Keep on top of them (assuming it's through Ebay). It's amazing how fast 45 days passes when you wait 5-6 days between emails as well as waiting 7-10 days for postage and returns to be processed.

Open a dispute at 40 days no matter what the promise is is you haven't received what you bid on.
Yep, this is what I do - usually for overseas stuff, and so far, the dispute has been closed because the shipment arrives before any action needs to be taken.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2011, 10:43 AM   #21
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.ocba.sa.gov.au/consumerad...ds/reject.html

This is in SA. Might want to check you relevant state's legislation.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:00 AM   #22
spebgtsprint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know this doesnt relate to Ebay specifically, but if you do a private transaction like I did through the Forums like I did in January this year with an ex AFF member, and the goods fail to even be sent after the seller has received his monies, then trying to receive a refund is almost impossible......

I made the mistake of paying for the goods up front (a set of AJR mag wheels - $1100 ) and organising for them to be picked up by a third party later on, only to be told that the car with the said wheels had been sold with them still on. Phone calls not answered, messages not returned etc. Told the local Vic cops and sent bank transaction details/messages of correspondence etc. To no avail - Too hard for the cops to get involved. They rang him once and said "Pay up". Nothing happened, cops hands tied up with other important stuff. ( I bet if it was an $1100 fine I owed, the cops would pursue all avenues to recoup their monies)

I've tried everything to no avail. The ex members name was Leeroy from the Box Hill/Doncaster area in Victoria. Forum name was BADEFGHIA............

Any leads/whereabouts please PM me. Cheers

PS - $100 dispute could cost you more in the long term mate, as others have said, forget about it and put it down in your memory bank as a bad experience, just like I have tried to.........

XR8 SPRINT
FREE HO
MERC C55 AMG
AUDI A4
spebgtsprint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post