Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 03-03-2011, 12:21 PM   #1
WannabeXP

Default Genuine FPV Wheels scrub?

Ok so I'm looking at buying some genuine wheels. With the rear's i believe the offset is different on the back. Will i be able to run these without rolling my guards
Cheers Jason

05/2000 AUII XR6 5sp|Pacemaker 4480 Competition Headers|Lukey catback|Tickford Azzuro's|Impco LPG Conversion
WannabeXP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2011, 12:26 PM   #2
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

what wheels on what car? the offset issue is simple AU to FG all have the same offsef all pre AU have a different offset

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2011, 12:32 PM   #3
351@GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

not 100% sure but i think its only the BA 18" fpv rims( + the T3 rims) that have the rear offset difference, and no you dont need to roll the guards

the Series 1 BF's(19s) may have the offset for rears aswell, not sure.
351@GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2011, 12:36 PM   #4
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The offsets for them are +36.5 front and +28.5 rear.
WILDB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2011, 12:38 PM   #5
WannabeXP

Yeah im looking at BA f6 wheels, ive checked over in the B-series section that they DO have different from the front to the back
Sweet thanks 351@GT, Even if i lower it?
Cheers Jason
05/2000 AUII XR6 5sp|Pacemaker 4480 Competition Headers|Lukey catback|Tickford Azzuro's|Impco LPG Conversion
WannabeXP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2011, 01:03 PM   #6
351@GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

wouldnt think they'd scrape (even lowered) seeming as the T3's came with that offset.
351@GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2011, 02:05 PM   #7
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i have after market 18" wheels on with 255`s, at one stage i had a 285 on the rear for a short time which was a bit on the tight side for tolerances, not sure what the offset was, but it would rub on occasions on large suspension /wheel movement(lowered i suspect the wheel would rub constantly), but it seems there`s a decent bit of latitude under the rear gaurds of the au.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2011, 08:17 PM   #8
mattp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had BA GT-P 18" wheels on my old AU, with the wider rear offset there was no problem, even with King Superlows. From memory that was with 235 width tyres, but 245 should also be fine (as they were from factory).
Cheers,
Matt
mattp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post