Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 03-09-2010, 01:50 AM   #1
stevenfiesta

Default What Do You Guys Think?

I would just like other people's opinion on my issues at the moment lol.
okay well i have a 2010 WS ZETEC auto 1.4L and am not sure if i should get the WT auto 1.6L will it be worth it? i think my car now has enough power for me she can be quite gutsy at times, but my friends have said to get the bigger engine? theres not going to be much difference with the interior and exterior with the zetec is there? and also i think i like my wheels better now. and the other thing is if i am not getting the WT i think i should get a sunroof put in my WS, i have been quoted 2850 fully installed. what do use think of that? i know people are probably going to say its my car... and my decision but im the type of person that can just not make up my own mind lol so any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks alot

To date: Phillips H1 & H7 xtreme bulbs, Fiesta mats,
Slim line weather shields, Bonnet protector, Dash mat, Centre console, TomTom iphone navigator,
chrome door trim, chrome for the grill.

To Do: 17" wheels and possibly a sunroof?!
stevenfiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2010, 02:54 AM   #2
1.6Madness
Starter Motor

Mate, the change over is gonna cost you money and not much difference, 1.4 to 1.6, big deal. Save your dollars for a bigger change over in a year or so. Sunroof.$2850. When you feel the need for some sun, stop your car, open door, get out and look up. Plenty of sun and its free. If you want to spend some dollars maybe go for a nice audio setup or get leather priced up.
1.6Madness is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2010, 08:07 AM   #3
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What he said. Though the new WT Fiesta has more power, the changeover value I don't think would make it worth it, especially if you think your car is powerful enough. But if you really do want to changeover, do it now. Get your Fiesta on a private selling site like Carpoint and quickly fool some unsuspecting human into thinking they are getting the latest car!
Old 03-09-2010, 10:17 AM   #4
jorgo86

Change it for an xr4 if you're after more power.
jorgo86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2010, 12:02 PM   #5
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgo86
Seeing as this member currently has an auto, and is wanting to change to a new auto, I don't believe a manual XR4 would suit.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:55 PM   #6
stevenfiesta

okay good opinions there guys, but the sunroof was more for the look >>http://www.prestigesunroofs.com.au/c...2010%20700.pdf

Slim line weather shields, Bonnet protector, Dash mat, Centre console, TomTom iphone navigator,

Old 03-09-2010, 12:56 PM   #7
stevenfiesta

Quote:
i only have a auto license so thats out of the question

Old 03-09-2010, 01:11 PM   #8
fiestars

l like the wheels of the Ws more than the WT not really sure whats in the face lift model but i think you better off keeping the car you have,im also in the hunt for a new fiesta but will wait till the end of the year if they ever gonna make a performance version
fiestars is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2010, 01:39 PM   #9
stevenfiesta

hey thanks for your input yea i agree the wheels look more appealing, i think anyway.

Old 03-09-2010, 01:58 PM   #10
jorgo86

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenfiesta
i only have a auto license so thats out of the question
The current licensing system is so stupid! I mean seriously, they ban ppl who took their test in auto from driving manual?! That's like banning people from driving when it's wet! How the hell are you supposed to learn if you're not allowed to!

Sorry about the rant, I just think it's a crazy system!

Anyway, IMHO stick with the car you've got currently. As 1.6Madness said, keep your car for a couple of years, then re-evaluate what's out there. You would be taking a big depreciation hit for a minimal peformance gain.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:59 PM   #11
jorgo86

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton
Seeing as this member currently has an auto, and is wanting to change to a new auto, I don't believe a manual XR4 would suit.
Chill with the attitude mate.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:23 PM   #12
stevenfiesta

Quote:
The current licensing system is so stupid! I mean seriously, they ban ppl who took their test in auto from driving manual?! That's like banning people from driving when it's wet! How the hell are you supposed to learn if you're not allowed to!

Anyway, IMHO stick with the car you've got currently. As 1.6Madness said, keep your car for a couple of years, then re-evaluate what's out there. You would be taking a big depreciation hit for a minimal peformance gain.
Hey thanks for your input I know it Is stupid the whole auto lisence thing, and so far it seems like everyone thinks I should stick with what I have

Old 03-09-2010, 04:41 PM   #13
JClarke
Deaf Driver

Quote:

I agree, it is a ridiculous system but here in Canberra - when I got my P's, I was strictly on auto only but the trick thing is when I pass my first year on provisional licence, I went back to the road authority centre and requested the 'A' off my licence, and they complied. I was able to learn manual under my provisional licence, and now since the swap over, been driving manual every since (now full licence since '07)
Old 03-09-2010, 08:27 PM   #14
msnealo
Zetec with 17's

I'm deadset ****ed they've done this upgrade so early, but only because I missed out. I've been thinking the same thing but the loss in dollars would be too big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton
Quote:
Man you must be sensitive if you can find attitude in that sentence.
msnealo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2010, 08:48 PM   #15
stevenfiesta

Yea it is annoying I wish the dealer had told me there was a 1.6L I would have waited

Old 04-09-2010, 08:55 AM   #16
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mate they are worse than real estate agents... you cant believe a thing they say.... mine told us Oz would never have a diesel fiesta...
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2010, 10:01 AM   #17
stevenfiesta

Haha yea they are aye lol

Old 04-09-2010, 10:12 PM   #18
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Quote:
Relax, dude. Danny 's post may have been straight to the point but it exhibits none of the "attitude" you speak of.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2010, 12:17 AM   #19
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I could have pointed out your inability to read the first two lines of the opening post, instead I directly said I don't think a manual XR4 would suit seeing as Steven drives an auto and was asking about the new auto. I do apologize if you somehow found this rude.

Have you had any more luck with your decision on the new 1.6L PowerShift Stevan? It promises to be a great engine with a wonderful transmission, but a few reporters have noted the Thai built Fiesta isn't as well built and early cars are suffering from numerous rattles at an early age. Have a look in the WT Fiesta thread for their reviews.
Old 05-09-2010, 01:49 AM   #20
stevenfiesta

Well i think i have come to a decision (thanks to you guys). i think i will stay with what i have as it will be alot of money i will be wasting and the engine really isnt that much to me. my 1.4L is great, i think anyway. plus it looks pretty much the exact same besides i like my wheels more and i can live without the chrome inserts at the front. also 1 of the reasons i bought a fez was because it was german built so getting the thai one would be contradicting myself. by the sounds of everything i just said; the odds are with keeping my WS. Thanks for all the help guys! i really appreciate it also danny i went to my local auto 1 which was full of total drop kicks and they told me there was no K&N panel filter for my model and he searched it and couldnt find it. So i came home and it says on the K&N website that auto 1 store the one i need so i guess i will just go to another auto 1.