Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 06-06-2010, 09:41 PM   #1
broken_suave
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Space in a wagon?

One for the wagon owners:
How much space is there in the back when the rear seats are completely folded up? Would it be possible to put foam in the back and have 2 people (a couple) sleep in it?

Is there any simple way to increase space in the back? ie: how difficult is it to remove the rear seat?

I ask because a friend of mine is interested in buying a Falcon, but he wants to keep a bit of the functionality that he is used to, driving his Tarago. I realise its not going to be as spacious as a Tarago, but we're trying to find a compromise. He likes to get away on weekends a fair bit, and he and his partner are used to sleeping in the Tarago.

Also, if anyone has one on LPG, with the spare wheel bolted to the side of the cargo space: If you unbolt the spare, are there any sharp/annoying protrusions?

I'm trying to help him out a bit, as he is about as mechanically minded as an over ripe tomato.

Thanks in advance.

Previously:
98 AU Futura 4.0 - Wildcat Extractors, 200cpsi Stainless Cat, Custom 2.5" Mandrel Bent Exhaust, Tickford Snorkel, Fram 'Airhog' Panel Filter - Daily

79 P6 LTD Silver Monarch - Project
broken_suave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2010, 10:11 PM   #2
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Having the seats folded down you can sleep two easy in there, its almost flat aswell.

As for removing the rear seats..you can easily pop out the bench and i think the rest of it unbolts. This might make the car unroadworthy.

The wheel holder does protrude out a bit but afaik shouldent get in the way, maybe sombody can confirm this.

Anyhows it should be fine for space as is.

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2010, 11:11 PM   #3
EATHSV
Oo---oO

I've slept in my ED wagon a few times, i'm 6'1 and have plenty of room. Grab an air mattress comfy as.
EATHSV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2010, 05:38 PM   #4
broken_suave
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for the replies. I'd thought there was plenty of room when I've seen them in person, but then I see pictures and I second guess myself.

If anyone has a picture of the wheel holder without the spare that would be awesome.

I've got a feeling he'll get a custom foam mattress made to fit the contours of the cargo area. Now I've just gotta get him to follow through and actually buy one, rather than continue to drive the death trap of an old Tarago.

Previously:
98 AU Futura 4.0 - Wildcat Extractors, 200cpsi Stainless Cat, Custom 2.5" Mandrel Bent Exhaust, Tickford Snorkel, Fram 'Airhog' Panel Filter - Daily

79 P6 LTD Silver Monarch - Project
broken_suave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2010, 11:34 PM   #5
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Falcon wagon with rear seats down is approx 1.8m long. Territory is about the same. plenty big enough for a mattress and doona etc.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post