Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 07-04-2010, 05:42 PM   #1
ads266
Starter Motor

Default Light bulb change Fiesta WQ

Hey,

I have a blown headlight bulb on my WQ Fez. I have tried following the instructions on how to remove the headlamp unit but I can't get it to move as it gets stuck with one of the pieces of plastic. I have booked it in to Ford to do it but if anyone knows any tips on how to do it myself (before Friday) it would be very much appreciated.

Adam

ads266 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2010, 08:01 PM   #2
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

First take off the grill cover the radiator by unclipping the clips at each side and lifting it upwards. Unscrew the two screws at the front of the head lamp and then the third screw on top. Lift out the head lamp carefully. Unplug the back case of the head lamp with the clip below. Unclip the headlight by clipping together the metal clips and take out the headlamp, making sure you do not touch the light. Replace the headlamp also making sure you do not touch the light with your skin. In case you do, wipe thoroughly with a soft tissue. Close and replace the appliances in the same way.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:02 PM   #3
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
First take off the grill cover the radiator by unclipping the clips at each side and lifting it upwards. Unscrew the two screws at the front of the head lamp and then the third screw on top. Lift out the head lamp carefully. Unplug the back case of the head lamp with the clip below. Unclip the headlight by clipping together the metal clips and take out the headlamp, making sure you do not touch the light. Replace the headlamp also making sure you do not touch the light with your skin. In case you do, wipe thoroughly with a soft tissue. Close and replace the appliances in the same way.
Me, leave it too Ford !!!!!
Old 07-04-2010, 08:45 PM   #4
morbo

Ugh, i tried it myself. I gave up and left it to ford as well
morbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2010, 09:02 PM   #5
ads266
Starter Motor

I tried for nearly an hour but it won't budge. I figure if Ford break it when they do it then they can pay for it to be fixed rather than me. Thanks anyway guys.
ads266 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post