Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-03-2010, 01:29 PM   #1
XRtowcar
Mustang GT mmmmmm......

Default Holden has a new Boss (again).

Mike Devereaux has beeen named as the new Holden Boss.
Anyone want to take bets on how long he'll last.
I put up seven months.

Old 22-03-2010, 01:37 PM   #2
Ghiadude
FORMERLY TX3DUDE

How many have they had now since cLUTZ? lol
Ghiadude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2010, 01:39 PM   #3
calais
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ridiculous........
calais is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2010, 01:42 PM   #4
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRtowcar
Mike Devereaux has beeen named as the new Holden Boss.
Anyone want to take bets on how long he'll last.
I put up seven months.
do you have a link to this??
as holden hasn't officialy stated this yet.

edit just found it
http://media.gm.com/content/media/au...pointedAsNewMD
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2010, 06:23 PM   #5
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghiadude
How many have they had now since cLUTZ? lol
Considering the fact that Bob Lutz never actually ran Holden, I don't know.

Since Hanenberger (champion of Monaro), I make four or five.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2010, 06:51 PM   #6
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Denny Mooney... 1 January 2004 until 1 July 2007
Chris Gubbey...1 July 2007 until 1 February 2008
Mark Reuss....1 February 2008 until 1 September 2009.
Alan Batey......1 September 2009 to mid April 2010
Mike Devereux... mid April 2010 until...............

At least the Holden CEOs go on to bigger and better things, I guess....
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2010, 08:08 PM   #7
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

http://theage.drive.com.au/motor-new...0322-qpna.html

Quote:
Holden appoints new boss
RICHARD BLACKBURN
March 22, 2010

Holden has its fifth new boss in less than three years.

Holden has its fifth boss in less than three years, with 44-year-old Mike Devereux named as the company’s new chairman and managing director.

Devereux joins the company from General Motors’ Middle East operations, based in Dubai.

He replaces Alan Batey, who was recently appointed vice president of sales and service for Chevrolet in the United States. Batey was in the top job at Holden for just six months.

Devereux has been with General Motors his entire working life, joining the company as an engineering co-op student in Ontario, Canada, 26 years ago.

Since then, he has worked in manufacturing, product development and regional management roles throughout the GM global network.

Tim Lee, President of GM International Operations, said in statement that Mr Devereux’s diverse, global experience and passion for cars made him ideally suited to lead Holden in Australia and New Zealand.

“Coupled with an absolute passion for cars, Mike brings rare experience across almost every area of the automotive business including manufacturing, product development and senior management roles in GM’s international operations, marketing, sales and aftersales including the then newly formed e-Business group.”

Devereux also has experience with the Commodore, which is exported to the Middle East as the Chevrolet Lumina.

He was born in Great Britain, but moved to Toronto as a child. He has a Bachelor of Science degree in industrial engineering and a master’s degree in business administration from Harvard University.

Since former boss Denny Mooney left Holden in August 2007, Holden has had four bosses in less than three years.

Mooney was replaced by Chris Gubbey, who lasted just seven months before being replaced by Mark Reuss. Reuss himself spent just 18 months at Holden before taking up a senior position in Detroit and handing over the reins to Batey.
Old 22-03-2010, 08:09 PM   #8
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

GM Middle East chief now heads Holden

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...2576EE0010D8FE

Quote:
Holden names Middle East operations head Mike Devereux as its new chairman and MD

22 March 2010

By TERRY MARTIN

GENERAL Motors’ chairman and managing director of the Middle East region Mike Devereux has become the new head of Holden in Australia and New Zealand.

Mr Devereux’s position is effective immediately and comes three weeks after GM Holden announced that former chairman and managing director Alan Batey had been hired as Chevrolet’s US vice-president of sales and service.

Mr Batey followed his predecessor, Mark Reuss, to GM headquarters in the US after eight months at the helm of Holden. Mr Reuss is now president of GM North America.

Combining an engineering background with extensive sales and marketing experience, particularly in e-Business, Mr Devereux, 44, has relocated from Dubai to Melbourne and will report to GM’s international operations president Tim Lee.

His experience in the Middle East is already being viewed as a significant opportunity for Holden to improve its export numbers to the region, which have plummeted in recent years.

Speaking to GoAuto in January, Mr Devereux said he expected around 5000 Holden-based vehicles to be sold in the Middle East in 2010 – around the same number as 2009 – although Mr Batey said at the time that the company was not banking on many export sales to the region this year.

In 2006, Holden shipped more than 31,000 cars to the Middle East.

Mr Devereux has led GM’s Middle Eastern operations since November 2008 and retained the position in July last year when former international operations chief (and now Opel chief executive) Nick Reilly announced a leaner leadership structure for GM outside of North America.

With that shake-up, Mr Reuss left for North America and Mr Batey, who has also served for GM in the Middle East during his career, became Holden’s new chairman.

Mr Devereux is now the fifth boss of the Australian car manufacturer in less than three years.

In a statement, Mr Lee said Mr Devereux’s “diverse, global experience and passion for cars made him ideally suited to lead Holden in Australia and New Zealand”.

“Recent leaders such as Mark Reuss and Alan Batey have set a very high benchmark in dedication to the people and products that define the famous Holden brand – and Mike will be no exception,” Mr Lee said.

“Coupled with an absolute passion for cars, Mike brings rare experience across almost every area of the automotive business including manufacturing, product development and senior management roles in GM’s international operations, marketing, sales and aftersales including the then newly formed e-Business group.

“Mike’s most recent outstanding work in the Middle East, which has traditionally been an important export market for Holden, makes him a strong advocate for his new home and the historical brand even before he steps on Australian soil,” he said.

British-born but educated in Canada, Mr Devereux has worked for General Motors for 26 years, mostly in Canada and the US.

He joined the company in 1984 as an engineering co-op student as part of the St Catharines Engine and Foundry Complex within GM of Canada, based in Ontario.

In 1989 he moved to GM’s service parts operations international group, working in product development and sales. In 2000 he served as launch manager for the Cadillac DeVille, and subsequently held director positions in e-Business and GM’s global sales, service and marketing organisation.

Before taking over from Terry Johnsson (who had left for GM China) in the Middle East late in 2008, Mr Devereux was based in Detroit as executive director of digital marketing and customer relationship management (CRM). He was also serving as GM’s global process leader for digital marketing and CRM.

Mr Devereux holds a Bachelor of Science degree in industrial engineering from the GMI Engineering and Management Institute and a master’s degree in business administration from Harvard University.
Old 22-03-2010, 08:23 PM   #9
XR8putts

I give him 6 months.

Why? He'd want to leave before he has to announce the Cruze won't be built in Australia next year afterall..
XR8putts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2010, 10:46 PM   #10
Bossxr8
Peter Car

I can't believe they only sent 5000 cars to the Middle East last year. I thought they were sending decent numbers there but thats at a low enough point to be not even worth it. No wonder they aren't making any money.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2010, 12:04 AM   #11
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
I can't believe they only sent 5000 cars to the Middle East last year. I thought they were sending decent numbers there but thats at a low enough point to be not even worth it. No wonder they aren't making any money.
I recall Holden sighting 85% collapse of their exports, there was about
40,000 Pontiac G8s but they stopped in Dec 2008 or was it Jan 2009?

2009 was an absolute shocker overseas, everywhere was dead, I doubt Toyota exported
anything like 100,000 Camrys in 2008 that Beutner crowed about back then...

Maybe Ford's stay at home 'n tighten the belt buckle is working.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2010, 07:46 AM   #12
Ghiadude
FORMERLY TX3DUDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton
Considering the fact that Bob Lutz never actually ran Holden, I don't know.

Since Hanenberger (champion of Monaro), I make four or five.
Sorry I must have gotten Lutz and Hanenberger mixed up...For some reason I thought he was running GM-H, probably because of all the articles about commodore mentioning his name.
Ghiadude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post