Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-02-2010, 01:55 PM   #1
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Dangerous little runts!

So I was travelling at 100km/h down the Freeway last night at about 10:45pm when I see 4 youths running fast on a foot bridge "Strange" I thought, "Wonder what they are up to".
As I approach the foot bridge I see one of them throw a huge white bag down onto the freeway infront of me on the road and I had no time to stop and I could not swerve as other cars were in the lanes next to me. So I had to hit it at speed.
BAM!!! I hit this bag which exploded on impact throwing crap all over my lane and the ones next to me making other cars swerve and lock on their brakes.
I pulled over in a rage and I was so suprised that my fibreglass "Venom" front bar withstood the impact! but there was dog poo (Im hoping) all over my bumper, bonnet, in my air vent, everywhere, I dont know what else was in the bag besides the poo but man was I lucky and so was the other motorists.
A micro second earlier and it would have smashed through my windscreen.
Im so so angry that these runts would do such a thing. I could have been one of the road death figures.
Called the police but I dont think they would have caught them.
I think its time to cage our footbridges unfortunatly.

Click here to see my ute
fordOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2010, 02:07 PM   #2
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Little prkick's lucky it was poo and not a sack of brick's...
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2010, 02:09 PM   #3
zdcol71
zdcol71

My initial response would be to ask what are these kids doing out on the freeway at 11pm at night (thinking they would be little kids),then I think that there are a lot of older kids, teens , adolecents, and "grown ups" who would have the mentality to do this sort of thing without having to stretch their brains too much to remember what time their curfew was!
We used to sneak around and put coins on railway tracks when I was a "delinquent" kid, but I don't recall that ever derailing a train!
Glad you escaped with no damage and more importantly, no injury.
Old 18-02-2010, 02:09 PM   #4
Scott

Somethings wrong with the C on your keyboard, keeps coming up as "R". I cannot fathom that anyone old enough to be running around at 10:45pm would do such a stupid thing. There must be a point where they make a conscious decision to *maybe* kill someone.

I hate it.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2010, 02:11 PM   #5
Blue_XR

If somehow the police could catch these kids, or whoever for that matter that throws anything off a bridge into oncoming traffic then they should be charged with something serious. Maybe its time for new legislation from state governments....but who knows if that would prevent anything.

You're lucky it wasn't anything that weighed a lot more other wise who knows.
Blue_XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2010, 02:17 PM   #6
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_XR
If somehow the police could catch these kids, or whoever for that matter that throws anything off a bridge into oncoming traffic then they should be charged with something serious. Maybe its time for new legislation from state governments....but who knows if that would prevent anything.

There are laws against tis so new legislation is not likely to be required, catching the little "runts", there lies the problem.

Just glad you and your car got out of it ok.
Old 18-02-2010, 02:17 PM   #7
Silversurfer

Talking

if i caught them i would cut their hands off
Silversurfer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2010, 02:19 PM   #8
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why don't these morons just kill themselves. It would do the whole human race a favour, or atleast castration.. I don't want them breeding, i doubt many other sane people would either.

Glad to see your alright and so is the car though
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2010, 02:24 PM   #9
zdcol71
zdcol71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_XR

I would think it was called something like "reckless endangerment of life" hence attracting some serious charges allready. Legislation is not going to stop these acts until it becomes a realistic deterent. This requires firm and consistent application, but unfortunately in these cases it's obviously very difficult to get a conviction, let alone catch the brats.
Alot of people have distinct opinions on CCI surveillance,(big brother,,)I wonder how many would be opposed to it if it picked up these perps and others?
Old 18-02-2010, 02:32 PM   #10
auxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Glad to see that you escaped without injury. These kid's were probably high on whatever and this was their excitement for the night - dirt bags should be flogged if caught, they have no idea or have any real care about the ramifications of their actions - it's all in the moment.

Legislation is already in place - but, the only way in stopping these type of highly dangerous actions, as previously mentioned, is to perspex and roof every freeway overpass - jeez, another tax payer funded cost.
auxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2010, 02:34 PM   #11
trippytaka
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
Why don't these morons just kill themselves. It would do the whole human race a favour, or atleast castration.. I don't want them breeding, i doubt many other sane people would either.

Glad to see your alright and so is the car though
Better still, why can't we (as a society) all agree that eradicating morons like this from the gene pool is the best thing for all of us?
trippytaka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2010, 02:35 PM   #12
XMPboy

[if i caught them i would cut their hands off]

yeah me to, I'm 19 and I cant understand how some deluded people find it funny to do that sort of crap. Glad you got out of it without injury or damage mate.
XMPboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2010, 02:47 PM   #13
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hope no poo went in the vents that your air conditioner draws from that would stink real bad.
||| is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2010, 02:50 PM   #14
BIGJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippytaka
Better still, why can't we (as a society) all agree that eradicating morons like this from the gene pool is the best thing for all of us?
Yeah I agree, just to give nature a little hand with the natural selection process.
BIGJB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2010, 02:54 PM   #15
trippytaka
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2TE50#134
Yeah I agree, just to give nature a little hand with the natural selection process.
Maybe some of the power brokers in big business could fund a team of ex-spooks and SAS to "quietly" make people like this disappear.
trippytaka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2010, 03:00 PM   #16
GTP owner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Slippery slope there Trippy. Don't go there.
E3 chubsport - fully fat (and slow), sitting there waiting for me to get sick of it and sell it.
BA XR6T for a daily
NT Pajero for the bush
XB 4 door project- swallows a BF xr6 turbo

My dad is a generous bloke. He gave away his dead car batteries free of charge....
GTP owner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2010, 04:01 PM   #17
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks guys, yeh I am one lucky guy and true I have not turned on my air-con' as yet.
When I pulled over to the emergency lane to check out my front bar I was expecting it to be cracked or obliviated to bits but instead the horrific stench of poo is what i was confronted with. And your right imagine if it was a sack of bricks.
My first thought was it was a huge limestone block but it was a large white garbage bag full of what ever it was.
What peeved me off even more was when I called the police the guy I was speaking to was indian or something - which I dont have any problems with but he kept asking me to repeat every thing I said and I did the same to him as his accent was so strong. Not the best when dealing with a potential emergency.

Click here to see my ute
Old 18-02-2010, 04:04 PM   #18
dsyfer

The idiots are dumb enough to do the same thing again on the same bridge, stake out time me thinks.
dsyfer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2010, 04:09 PM   #19
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My thoughts exactly ^

Click here to see my ute
Old 18-02-2010, 04:10 PM   #20
auxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordOwner
What peeved me off even more was when I called the police the guy I was speaking to was indian or something - which I dont have any problems with but he kept asking me to repeat every thing I said and I did the same to him as his accent was so strong. Not the best when dealing with a potential emergency.
Maybe next time, when contacting the police very slowly say "this is an emergency - the sh#t has hit the fan"

Sorry, couldn't help myself
auxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2010, 04:14 PM   #21
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:

Hmmmm, eradicating people as they are not appreciated by society, although not entirely unjustified by some methods or reasoning, still has too many similarities with some occurrences in 1939-1945. Suggest we leave that alone.

I know there are some public hesitations and objections to CCTV monitoring due to the whole big brother idea, but perhaps it is worth a look.

In QLD we already have traffic monitoring cameras that can see great detail, I mean detail good enough to identify that men do pick their nose driving and women do makeup (as Duty Officer In Charge, we spend time in the monitoring room to assist with planning during major incidents). Why can't these cameras be placed to monitor over passes as well. Lets face it, the only person walking down the path that will mind being monitored are those that have something to hide. The rest of the law abiding public will probably appreciate the extra security. Many of these little brats will probably be in all sorts of other trouble with the police and local cops would probably recognise them. Additionally data on occurrences will assist police in identifying when they are likely to do this again and assist detaining and charging these morons. The final advantage is that the presence of these cameras is often enough of a deterrent altogether, as indicated by CCTV security in London that has resulted in a significant drop in street crime.
Old 18-02-2010, 04:17 PM   #22
SKITZD

Mmm charming... Sorry to hear that happened to you. Hopefully someone gelds them.
SKITZD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2010, 04:21 PM   #23
ThePistonHead
Shame Holden, Shame

I blame the parents...

EFII "XR8" Fairmont V8 185KW ELII XR8 engine, box & exhaust|Dual Fuel|Tints|FTR's|Factory bodykit |K&N panel filter|Interior LED Conversion|Leather steering wheel|Slotted rotors|Ghia wood + chrome|Subwoofer|

METALLICA
ThePistonHead is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2010, 05:28 PM   #24
gtfpv
GT

very sad news indeed . one day many years down the track they will know how you felt , when the favour comes back to them .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2010, 05:34 PM   #25
buickman
buickman

Quote:
QUOTE=geckoGT]Hmmmm, eradicating people as they are not appreciated by society, although not entirely unjustified by some methods or reasoning, still has too many similarities with some occurrences in 1939-1945. /
They tried that at the turn of the Last Century before WW11 with Eugenics on the feebleminded people.

Magistrates are not giving harsh enough sentences for these lowlifes of society that don't care if they kill a innocent motorist
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2010, 05:40 PM   #26
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by auxr
Maybe next time, when contacting the police very slowly say "this is an emergency - the sh#t has hit the fan"

Sorry, couldn't help myself

thats comedy gold! nice one

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordOwner
I think its time to cage our footbridges unfortunatly.
unfortunately, this will likely be the only way to stop it happening. the outcome could have been so much worse.

hope you and your car recover ok.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2010, 06:59 PM   #27
SilentDave

There was a spate of rock throwing youths in Perth a few months back, they did end up catching a couple of youths and they were charged with reckless endangerment,not sure what the judge's verdict was. A few bus drivers were injured as a result and along with a few unruly school kids certain bus routes now have PTA rent-a-cops following the buses.

Glad noone was injured and your car is ok if not a bit smelly.
Old 18-02-2010, 07:02 PM   #28
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Are you sure you spelt your title properly?

i always look for idiots like that when going under footbridges since about the late 90's
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2010, 07:07 PM   #29
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

That's what happens when you take away parents authority...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2010, 07:11 PM   #30
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

The only way to deal with people like this is a bullet threw the head i think, anyone dumb enough to do things like this doesn't deserve oxygen! :