Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 25-11-2009, 05:40 PM   #1
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Default Sydney North Drivers - New Speed Camera

Well,

Just to let those who drive up Pennant Hill Road, there is a new Red Light Camera at the corner of Beecroft Road and Pennant Hills road. While the site of the camera is not new, this one captures speed but doesnt have any signage saying so, just the Red light camera ahead sign. It takes pictures of those headed south bound. I watched as it clicked away at many motorists who didnt think twice about it. It is in a school zone too.

I dont know the legality surronding a camera in NSW without the 3 signs but this one certainly flashes when people speed past.

kypez.

kypez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2009, 08:41 PM   #2
GK351

Ray hadley on 2gb had a phone call from a woman saying the same thing.
I wasnt tuned in to hear the out come but by law 3 camera warning signs have to be up.
GK351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2009, 09:12 PM   #3
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez
I dont know the legality surronding a camera in NSW without the 3 signs but this one certainly flashes when people speed past.
I'd say if it were challenged in court the case would be thrown out. Needs to be clearly signposted.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2009, 04:33 AM   #4
sneaky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

is that the one outside cheltenham girls high? someone from work got done there the other week.
sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2009, 08:19 AM   #5
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^^^ No Cheltenham Girls High is on Beecroft Rd, this camera is on Peanut Hills Rd and the corner of Beecroft Rd. Must be the southern corner At Mount St Benedicts College as the northern corner isn't in a school zone AFAIK. I heard this on the news last night and I was wondering how they are getting away with it as speed cameras need to be signposted in NSW.

Last edited by deesun; 26-11-2009 at 08:24 AM.
deesun is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2009, 09:14 AM   #6
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Yes it's on Pennant Hills rd between the two Beecroft Rds exits. Heading south ...
40KPH school zone plus red light camera...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2009, 10:32 AM   #7
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakypete23
is that the one outside cheltenham girls high? someone from work got done there the other week.
Thats a red light camera there. They also setup police stings just past the school quite regularly (near the church there).

But the one I'm referencing is the one on Penno road.
Old 26-11-2009, 10:42 AM   #8
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Well,

Just to let those who drive up Pennant Hill Road, there is a new Red Light Camera at the corner of Beecroft Road and Pennant Hills road. While the site of the camera is not new, this one captures speed but doesnt have any signage saying so, just the Red light camera ahead sign. It takes pictures of those headed south bound. I watched as it clicked away at many motorists who didnt think twice about it. It is in a school zone too.

kypez.
I'm hoping it's a stuffed up camera - There has always been a red light camera there but it never flashed during a green light. If not and it is catching speeders i'm probably gonna lose my license :( been through it 3 times in the last week and it's flashed at me, and seen it flash at other motorists too.

It's only started doing this in the last week too..
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2009, 10:50 AM   #9
sneaky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

uh oh :(
sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2009, 10:53 AM   #10
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Was never during the 40 zones or anything, about 7:00 at night. I'm hoping it's just a faulty Camera because i'm pretty sure it flashed me when i was doing about 50km the second time i went through it.

Last night i went through it - it flashed a car about 5 carlengths ahead of me in the middle lane doing the same speed as me but it didnt flash me over in the right lane...
Old 26-11-2009, 10:55 AM   #11
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
I'm hoping it's a stuffed up camera - There has always been a red light camera there but it never flashed during a green light. If not and it is catching speeders i'm probably gonna lose my license :( been through it 3 times in the last week and it's flashed at me, and seen it flash at other motorists too.

It's only started doing this in the last week too..
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I'm pretty sure its spot on. I was at the lights turning right from beecroft road when I noticed this first. The first time it flashed it got my attention as it was green. About 6 cars got snapped while I sat there and everytime the camera went off you could see a car travelling faster than the other cars at the time. Thats how I figured it was a speed camera too.

Think one of my mates mates got done day before. The tool went back and sped past to check again and it took another picture of him!! He should get done for the sheer stupidity of it!! Oh and he tried at 3 different speeds. 100 and 80. It didnt flash when he went past at 70 again.

Last edited by kypez; 26-11-2009 at 11:02 AM.
Old 26-11-2009, 11:12 AM   #12
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A news article on new NSW Red light camera's
http://www.smh.com.au/national/red-l...1123-iz8d.html

I've had a search around and there is a couple of forums on the same topic. From what i've seen, the consensus is that the camera is in testing and they won't actually be operational until december or something? I'm hoping this is the case - otherwise i'll probably make the news like 100,000 other motorists that drive through there every afternoon.

Any photos that are taken will be used for "research" purposes and then deleted.... (yeah.. right...)

Last edited by Fev; 26-11-2009 at 11:24 AM.
Old 26-11-2009, 11:16 AM   #13
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
A news article on new NSW Red light camera's
http://www.smh.com.au/national/red-l...1123-iz8d.html

I've had a search around and there is a couple of forums on the same topic. From what i've seen, the consensus is that the camera is in testing and they won't actually be operational until december or something? I'm hoping this is the case - otherwise i'll probably make the news like 100,000 other motorists that drive through there every afternoon.
True. I hope its testing and not that they made some changes to law to get speed camera's without signage allowed! Usually they put up a sign saying "Testing" with a yellow background when doing this. They did that in Parramatta when they were introducing Bus Lane Cameras and a couple of Speed Cameras. Not sure if thats still the case.
Old 26-11-2009, 02:52 PM   #14
Blue_XR

Lucky I stumbled across this thread, im going to have a look on my way home tonight
Blue_XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2009, 02:59 PM   #15
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

They fitted the new camera last week...
Well ?? They where working on it...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2009, 05:56 PM   #16
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_XR
Lucky I stumbled across this thread, im going to have a look on my way home tonight
just dont run it to test it!!
Old 26-11-2009, 06:02 PM   #17
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebxr8240
They fitted the new camera last week...
Well ?? They where working on it...
They swapped this camera at this corner atleast about 2 months ago. I remember them setting it up. But it's only been flashing for the last week that i've noticed.
Old 27-11-2009, 01:35 PM   #18
EF Hoon
Sideways in my 33!

yeah its working alright, got done last night doing over 100.. not happy, my bro got done last week as well. but no one will be getting fines, there just testing it atm, but it seems to flash every 10secs thats how many people its getting. :(
EF Hoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2009, 01:45 PM   #19
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF Hoon
yeah its working alright, got done last night doing over 100.. not happy, my bro got done last week as well. but no one will be getting fines, there just testing it atm, but it seems to flash every 10secs thats how many people its getting. :(
Yep. This camera has the potential to rake in thousands of dollars very quickly. With the downhill approach, the biggest cluprits are truckies. Though with 3 signs, that will surely change.

How did you find out about it just being in testing and that no fines will be issues?
Old 27-11-2009, 02:30 PM   #20
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
You're not happy you got flashed doing over 100kph in a residential 60 zone? :
Old 27-11-2009, 03:07 PM   #21
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You won't get any sympathy around here I hope. :
Old 27-11-2009, 03:28 PM   #22
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

his username says it all
Old 27-11-2009, 03:37 PM   #23
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
You're not happy you got flashed doing over 100kph in a residential 60 zone? :
Its actually not a residential section at all. Its a 70 (not a big difference there) zone. Just to be fair. Still crazy going that much over it especially with all the cops and traffic on that road.
Old 27-11-2009, 05:20 PM   #24
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Its actually not a residential section at all. Its a 70 (not a big difference there) zone. Just to be fair. Still crazy going that much over it especially with all the cops and traffic on that road.
Sorry, I was confused by the houses on the side of the road when I travelled past the other day.
Old 28-11-2009, 01:11 PM   #25
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tis still a 70 zone lol
Old 30-11-2009, 02:04 PM   #26
EF Hoon
Sideways in my 33!

haha i dont need simpathy, im not going to get done for it, as for the user name, its nearly 4 years old!
EF Hoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2009, 02:23 PM   #27
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think I saw the camera you meant, coming back from the beach it was snapping off maybe once every 10 seconds? saw it once as I was a bit away, then once again as I was about to go through the intersection
Old 30-11-2009, 03:06 PM   #28
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

AND remember that NSW red light camera's are set to be dual-action 'speed and registration' checking devices too.

See TENDERS NSW for this, I am too old and can't be bothered looking atm.

The three warning signs used on approach to NSW fixed speed cameras (to get you to pay attention to your speed within the immediate locale in particular) are fixed by way of 'policy', not passed parliamentary law. Guidelines then stipulate the metre separation between each, etc.

The sign sizes vary according to prevailing speed-limit. I have those sizes here somewhere.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2009, 04:44 PM   #29
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
Sorry, I was confused by the houses on the side of the road when I travelled past the other day.
Apology accepted... lol

Its still not a residential zone. Those zones are governed by a 50 km/hr limit.

Either way, its not to be debated anyway as going that far over is real smart anyway. I generally dont speed so am not a fan of speeding. I take it to the track myself.
Old 30-11-2009, 05:08 PM   #30
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
AND remember that NSW red light camera's are set to be dual-action 'speed and registration' checking devices too.

See TENDERS NSW for this, I am too old and can't be bothered looking atm.

The three warning signs used on approach to NSW fixed speed cameras (to get you to pay attention to your speed within the immediate locale in particular) are fixed by way of 'policy', not passed parliamentary law. Guidelines then stipulate the metre separation between each, etc.

The sign sizes vary according to prevailing speed-limit. I have those sizes here somewhere.
So KL, that would make them triple action cameras, speed,rego and red light would it not. And if they are speed should they be covered under the signage "policy"? If so we should be seeing the signs go up any day now.