Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 10-08-2009, 11:45 PM   #1
maurice
Starter Motor

Default focus fuel computer data error

I have a 06 duratec focus ls 2.0lt in my clubman 7 kit car. A p2110 and p2111 error code has appeared causing the car to drop back to idle within a few minutes of stsrt up. If you release the throttle and reengage it you can increase the revs again but the engine will go back to idle again within a few seconds. the car is running ford factory ecu,throttle body key etc and was running fine until I got a bad batch of fuel which I think was the catalyst for this problem. Help with clearing, fixing this problem would be great . Keep it simple as Im not into the technical stuff too much. I have found what the error codes mean, p2110 is throttle actuator control system forced limited rpm, p2111 is throttle actuator control system stuck open. Obviously I am using the fly by wire throttle from the donor focus also . Maurice

maurice is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2009, 09:01 PM   #2
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 

Hi mate, I think you might want to try your luck over at the Duratec Performance Forums.
DZFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2009, 11:50 PM   #3
BlackLS
yum

I had to get my TB/TPS replaced at 25,000kms - kept going into "speed limited mode" and "engine systems fault".

At about 1/4 throttle it would flap between 0 and 1/2 throttle before showing those errors. Try replacing the TB unit.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2009, 12:20 AM   #4
imaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ive had similar problems with my 2006 duratech LS focus. One two occasions over the two years I start the car and the engine is running, but when I rev the engine it would not do anything, as if its idled. Do anything and nothing happens, put it in Drive or Rev and rev, and the car wont move. Turn the engine OFF and back ON again and will run normal again.... Why is this? I havent noticed any error codes on the odometer...

Imaz

2009 FG Falcon XR6 Sedan, Octane.
2012 WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, Mineral Grey.
imaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2009, 01:05 AM   #5
maurice
Starter Motor

Default update on progress

I am waiting for a throttle and throttlebody to arrive(thanks Bryn) to see if this fixes the problem. If not will take car to Chris Romano in Brisbane to rectify or cancel error codes.Maurice
Old 18-08-2009, 04:14 AM   #6
maurice
Starter Motor

Default maurice

New throttle body and throttle pedal tried still same problem, have been reading a lot of ford workshop manuals and suspect the problem lies in the wiring between the pedal and ecu. Should know by the end of the week.
maurice
Old 18-08-2009, 03:01 PM   #7
BlackLS
yum

Good luck with that Does it talk over the CANbus or is it seperate?

Old 21-08-2009, 09:42 PM   #8
dave_vic_ozz

http://www.oz-clubbies.com/forums/in...showtopic=5883

maurice - talk to me here.

Dave D.
dave_vic_ozz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2009, 10:25 PM   #9
maurice
Starter Motor

Default progress

Have removed some of the error codes and car runs o.k. if you keep the rpm below 3000. We believe this is linked to the speed sensor that has been removed from the original car but wiring is still in place so ecu is looking for a speed. the focus have a program that if the rpm is above 3000rpm for more than 30 seconds? and no speed is seen then the rpm is reduced to 1000. Will raise this limit to 8000 then try. If this works then everything else will be fine.
Maurice
Old 24-08-2009, 11:45 PM   #10
BlackLS
yum

Brake wiring still ok? If you have the accelerator at WOT and the brakes are on, it will cut engine power. Also there's a flap in the manifold in increase air velocity at lower RPMs. Could be related?

Old 27-08-2009, 09:27 PM   #11
maurice
Starter Motor

not a great day for progress. car was reflashed with an xr4i tune, NOT A GOOD IDEA!!!!!! different security system in xr4i than focus,same computer, car now will not recognize key so will not start, will not reflash back to original stock focus tune due to not turning on. Trip on Tuesday to local ford dealer to remove xr4i tune.
There was some better news as I discovered today that the vdo speed sensor for the vdo speedo has been wired into the ecu as well as the vdo speedo, suspect this is where my speed sensor errors have been coming from. Once car is reflashed next week will disconnect one wire in body harness to stop signals to the ecu from vdo speed sensor, signal will still go to vdo speedo.
Maurice
Old 16-11-2009, 07:35 PM   #12
maurice
Starter Motor

Default Error fixed

Error fixed.After sorting out the locked ECU with a replacment ECU and dash. After checking the wires connecting into the ECU found one wire that was damaged where it is epoxyed into the back of the plug. It was very hard to see in amongst the 100 or so other wires. Wire turned out to be the front/1st oxygen sensor for the cat. No signal to the ECU from the front oxygen sensors sends the ECU to limp mode. Fix the wire, fix the problem.
Car is now within days of being finished and am currently finishing off the details for the Engineer to submit to the Transport Department.
The long and winding road to completion is nearly finished. What am I going to do with all my spare time? I know maybe I can catch up on all the repairs and maintenance around home, or better still maybe I can drive the CAR!!!
Cheers
Maurice

Last edited by maurice; 16-11-2009 at 07:42 PM.