Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 02-01-2009, 11:46 AM   #1
Fredo
Nice kitty . .

Default ECU Flash in Brisbane?

Fellow Focusites,
Does anyone know where I can go - in or around Brisbane - to talk to someone about re-flashing my ECU?

Cheers

Fredo

:

Late 2005 LS CL, 5spd Manual, 5 Door, Titanium Grey
To Do List:-
:- Using 95 RON Fuel (DONE -easiest upgrade of all) :- XR5 Springs (DONE) :- Lower air box removal (DONE) :- K & N Panel Air Filter (DONE)
:- 2.25" Cat Back (DONE) :- DBA Brake upgrade (DONE)
Fredo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2009, 09:59 PM   #2
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Might not be the case, but don't dealers do re-flashes of the ECU? I had mine done at the dealers under warranty though.

Unless it's some sort of tune that you want, if so, then I'm out of answers.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:41 AM   #3
BlackLS
yum

I can flash your ecu. But it might hurl and run away screaming, and I'd probably get arrested shortly after.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2009, 02:27 AM   #4
eXtremist
2007 Ford Focus Zetec

Haha!

Clever!
eXtremist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2009, 12:04 PM   #5
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Quote: "I can flash your ecu. But it might hurl and run away screaming, and I'd probably get arrested shorty after".

This has to be an early entry for 2009 Quote of the Year! but seriously Fredo, with my LR I had a very experienced guy do my re-flash at a Dealer and I was very happy with the results.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2009, 01:00 PM   #6
eXtremist
2007 Ford Focus Zetec

I've got Superchip Bluefins to suit many European vehicles.

* Ford Focus 1.4 73bhp (1998-2005)
* Ford Focus 1.6 98bhp (1998-2005)
* Ford Focus 1.8 113bhp (1998-2005)
* Ford Focus 2.0 128bhp (1998-2005)
* Ford Focus ST170 2.0 170bhp (2002-2005)

Just to name a few..
eXtremist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2009, 01:59 PM   #7
RJO89
EuroFordClub

I'm dying for Bluefin/DS/anyone, to release a freely available ECU flash for the LS/LT model focus, bar the TDCi or XR5 variant. Surely there would be some interest out there for them to consider it. Heck, I'm sure a fair few people on here would be interested in one!
Mullett, how's that flash going that you had planned?

Far from stock... --- SOLD :

Now riding a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R :
RJO89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2009, 04:49 PM   #8
819_FLY

Id be interested. Is it a direct swap or do you send your own ECU away to be re-flashed.

I was just browsing the net and came across this mob, they reckon with their chip they can increase power output of the 2.0 Duratec from 107kw up to 120kw and increase toqrue by 20nm aswell.....

http://www.oz-chiptuning.com.au/cars-ford.html

Check out 819FLY!!

Last edited by 819_FLY; 04-01-2009 at 05:05 PM.
819_FLY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2009, 05:47 PM   #9
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Interestingly if you click on the above link and search the Dutch Distributor they don't provide a program for Focus and the German site isn't responding. Why I mention this is considering the Focus is such a popular car in Europe you'd think that these countries would be offering the same as us.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2009, 06:17 PM   #10
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Quote:
Originally Posted by 819_FLY
Id be interested. Is it a direct swap or do you send your own ECU away to be re-flashed.

I was just browsing the net and came across this mob, they reckon with their chip they can increase power output of the 2.0 Duratec from 107kw up to 120kw and increase toqrue by 20nm aswell.....

http://www.oz-chiptuning.com.au/cars-ford.html
The information is a bit weird:

Fiesta 2.0 Duratec 16V 150 = XR4
Stock 110 kW / 150 HP / 190NM
Tuned 116 kW / 158 HP/ 201 NM

Focus 2.0 Duratec 16 V 150 = What model variant would this be?
Stock 110 kW / 150 HP 190NM
Tuned 116 kW / 158 HP / 201NM

Focus 2.0 Duratec 16V HE 145 = Im assuming LS/LT
Stock 107 kW / 145 HP /185NM
Tuned 120 kW / 162 HP / 210 NM

Concidering the XR4 is slightly more powerful than Focus, wouldnt the XR4 have similair if not better figures than the Focus 2.0 Duratec 16V HE 145??

The website is dodgy as , no australian dealers,.....

Anyone??
Old 04-01-2009, 07:07 PM   #11
819_FLY

Contact Us

MELBOURNE

Phone +61 (0)3 9315 7483
Mobile +61 (0)41 586 63 78

Check out 819FLY!!
Old 04-01-2009, 07:14 PM   #12
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Haha sorry I was half asleep. The prices seem reasonable but some how something doesnt feel right.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:42 PM   #13
819_FLY

Yeh I had my suspicions when I noticed the difference between the Focus 2.0 and the Fiesta 2.0 before and after results.... but yeh it could be legit.

Check out 819FLY!!
Old 18-11-2009, 11:24 AM   #14
plusplus
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo
Fellow Focusites,
Does anyone know where I can go - in or around Brisbane - to talk to someone about re-flashing my ECU?

Cheers

Fredo

:

I suppose i need upgrade ECU as well, Fredo, did you find out who can work for this?
plusplus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2009, 03:49 PM   #15
Fredo
Nice kitty . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by plusplus
I suppose i need upgrade ECU as well, Fredo, did you find out who can work for this?
Nah, I had no luck at all Mate so stopped asking in January.
Haven't really looked too hard lately though.

Fredo

:- Using 95 RON Fuel (DONE -easiest upgrade of all) :- XR5 Springs (DONE) :- Lower air box removal (DONE) :- K & N Panel Air Filter (DONE)
Old 18-11-2009, 05:15 PM   #16
Tj-zetec
Knows nothing. Apparently

I could be completely wrong here but I think the reason that products like those made by code red and dreamscience cater mostly for the XR5 and TDCi is that there's far more gains to be had with fiddleing with the mapping of turbo engines. There's a lot more that the computer can adjust that net a good gain.

Playing with timing and fuel mixtures (which is primarily what these do) don't do a whole lot for an N/A car that has stock compression and cam durations etc. Play with those (hot cams, higher comp pistons) and a tune will then be beneficial because you would then be optimising the ecu map for what the engine is capable of.

From what I understand the cost of a remap (a dreamscience unit for an XR5 is about $1200) is to great for the small gains to be had. People aren't willing to throw that much money at a car for a gain of somewhere between 5-15kw.
It's worth it on the xr as it pulls another 20 odd kws and about another 50 issacs of torque (it's epic fun!!)

if you can get a tune for an N/A car cheap enough it can't hurt. I've got no idea what a custom tune, that is one made for YOUR car, not an off the shelf item, from a place like tunehouse in Sydney is worth but it'd be your best bang for buck option, especially if you have some mods already.

My 0.02 peso.

1975 Mitsubishi/Chrysler GC Galant 2-door Hardtop. 4G63 DOHC heart transplant nearly complete!
Check out the build over here
Tj-zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2009, 11:09 AM   #17
Fredo
Nice kitty . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tj-zetec
I could be completely wrong here but I think the reason that products like those made by code red and dreamscience cater mostly for the XR5 and TDCi is that there's far more gains to be had with fiddleing with the mapping of turbo engines. There's a lot more that the computer can adjust that net a good gain.

Playing with timing and fuel mixtures (which is primarily what these do) don't do a whole lot for an N/A car that has stock compression and cam durations etc. Play with those (hot cams, higher comp pistons) and a tune will then be beneficial because you would then be optimising the ecu map for what the engine is capable of.

From what I understand the cost of a remap (a dreamscience unit for an XR5 is about $1200) is to great for the small gains to be had. People aren't willing to throw that much money at a car for a gain of somewhere between 5-15kw.
It's worth it on the xr as it pulls another 20 odd kws and about another 50 issacs of torque (it's epic fun!!)

if you can get a tune for an N/A car cheap enough it can't hurt. I've got no idea what a custom tune, that is one made for YOUR car, not an off the shelf item, from a place like tunehouse in Sydney is worth but it'd be your best bang for buck option, especially if you have some mods already.

My 0.02 peso.

Good point TJ.
Still I think there is a significant market being missed by the re-mapers but it would need to be marketed properly.

5 to 15kW improvement for $1200 - I reckon there would be a good number of takers from this site alone.

Now, understand I am not saying I think it is good value for money necessarily, just that a lot of people might see the convenience of up'ing their output by this amount worth the money.

All IMHO of course. :

Fredo

Old 19-11-2009, 11:57 AM   #18
Tj-zetec
Knows nothing. Apparently

Well.... I suppose I did pay $1900 for a full exhaust system from HiTech on my LR....

But that did come with a killer sound and a bit of underbonnet eye candy

1975 Mitsubishi/Chrysler GC Galant 2-door Hardtop. 4G63 DOHC heart transplant nearly complete!
Check out the build over here
Tj-zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2009, 03:37 PM   #19
Fredo
Nice kitty . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tj-zetec
Well.... I suppose I did pay $1900 for a full exhaust system from HiTech on my LR....

But that did come with a killer sound and a bit of underbonnet eye candy

Yeah see ... . . .

On ya :

Fredo

Old 25-11-2009, 12:18 AM   #20
maurice
Starter Motor

Check out Matt at BPR Bullet Performance Racing ph 0418102616 I have one of his flash tuners By Dream Science for my 2.0lt Duratec clubman. Any changes he just emails you and you download to the flash unit then to the car. Easy. He is in Melbourne but it is no hassles. Cheers Maurice.
maurice is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2009, 11:24 AM   #21
Fredo
Nice kitty . .

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by maurice
Check out Matt at BPR Bullet Performance Racing ph 0418102616 I have one of his flash tuners By Dream Science for my 2.0lt Duratec clubman. Any changes he just emails you and you download to the flash unit then to the car. Easy. He is in Melbourne but it is no hassles. Cheers Maurice.
Thanks Maurice

:

Old 05-11-2010, 01:14 PM   #22
DeKa

Has anyone flashed a 2.0L Duratec HE with the Fiesta XR4 Superchips map?
Superchips say it works but I don't want to spend $500+ on something that has no track record.
DeKa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post