Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 19-08-2008, 03:46 PM   #1
manny_papa
disco time !!!

Default Supercheap auto add with Russell

Did you notice that add with the stopping distances of the two holdens, the difference being the tyres etc.

well have a closer look, one is a commodore and the other is a statesmen. The weight of the statesmen is like 100kgs more. Wouldnt this have a significant affect on the stopping distance?

Old 19-08-2008, 06:23 PM   #2
burnz
VFII SS UTE

i havent seen the ad but yeah i'll have a look for the model variation
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2008, 09:39 PM   #3
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Rubbish!
Old 19-08-2008, 11:14 PM   #4
azaxr8

holdens go better. clearly thats why? even if its two holdens.
azaxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2008, 12:27 AM   #5
manny_papa
disco time !!!

sorry found the vid, they arent comparing tyres, they just say to keep distance from the car infront. miss read the add :(

http://www.supercheapauto.com/road-s...fer-trips.aspx
Old 20-08-2008, 04:12 PM   #6
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

on a smiliar note, 2 adds annoy me with this kind of thing:

-GIO ad were the bloke is in his house and its been flooded and he is saying "are you sure flood cover wasnt an optional extra?" and his wife is saying no its standard (to say how good GIO is) and she goes on to rant about the different types of flood.

JUST as she says "tsunami's" in white writing down the bottom of the screen it says "movements of the ocean are not covered" im not a marine expert but im sure a tsunami will be classified as a movement of the ocean.

next is the lenovo ad were it shows the laptop being dropped infront of libby tricket and then water gets spilled on it and the voice over goes on to say how its so tough etc.

Down the bottom it says (paraphrased) "whilst this notebook survived, dropping or spilling liquids onto the laptop voids your warranty"

I thought, WTF?! they are marketing this notebook as a toughbook that can be dropped etc and yet they say that if that happens then warranty is voided... so what the f4k is the point?!?!?!