Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 10-08-2008, 12:39 AM   #1
Creampuff
149 rwkw of Style

Default Cutting through service station!!!

How many idiots cut through service stations instead of waiting at the lights?
Just seen it happen a lot lately, the fine is equivalent to a red light! I wish this was policed more to catch the fools.

Old 10-08-2008, 12:42 AM   #2
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Great tech articles and assistance to all in the Classics arena. 

Hang em and send the kids to a goolag I say. Or at least a whipping.

My personal hate is people entering service stations the wrong way. TWATS
JG66ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2008, 01:12 AM   #3
Zed7fiddy
Temporary Australian

Pffttt, sitting at a red light on a bike is about as fun as a hot poker in a eye
Zed7fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2008, 01:16 AM   #4
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84RGE
Pffttt, sitting at a red light on a bike is about as fun as a hot poker in a eye

About to say that cut through on my bike every opportunity i get .
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2008, 12:13 PM   #5
AC/DC
" Let there be Rock "

The fine is equavilent to a red light ? ? ? are you sure about that ?
AC/DC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2008, 01:35 PM   #6
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Dont know if it is illegal or not .... cant see where it is breaking the law? But anywho .... I do! Give me 20 lashes please! I must be an idiot AND a fool ..... :togo:

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2008, 03:40 PM   #7
krt10
eskyman

ive never done it but i hate red lights. well its not the lights i just hate the stop starting.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:58 PM   #8
manny_papa
disco time !!!

maybe they wanted petrol but saw the price and decided that rather push the car home
Old 10-08-2008, 04:06 PM   #9
Dazza XLT
Back in a Ford

Had no choice a while back.
It was either cut through the servo or rear-end the car that was parked in my turning lane.
Luckily there was no-one at the bowsers!
Old 10-08-2008, 07:52 PM   #10
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's not an offence.
How can it be classes as going through a red light?
I pulled in to get petrol, saw the price and knew I could get it cheaper down the road.
I pulled in to get petrol and realised I'd forgotten my wallet, etc etc.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:10 PM   #11
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Which servo was it creampuff? There's several I know of that people do that in on the nth side... worst one being the one at the top of Dawson Pde where it meets Samford Rd out in Keperra.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:11 PM   #12
3vXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee
It's not an offence.
If it isn't it should be.
If people are too impatient to stop at a red light for a minute then they should be riding in a bus. Last time i seen someone do this they almost knocked a guy off his bike. He was riding through the entry bit of the servo, the guy taking a shortcut missed the bikes front wheel by about a foot, seen him too late and slammed on the brakes for a second before leaving via the entrance nearly causing another accident by pulling out in front of the cars that had been stopped at the lights. I was at the the pumps getting fuel and had a pretty good view of it all, if the guy on the motorbike had been looking the other way he'd be all kinds of stuffed up.
Before anyone mentions it, i should point out it would've been pretty stupid even if it was an exit instead of an entry, there cars lined up everywhere to use the pumps and people standing around on the corner waiting to cross the road.
I've seen it happen without incident a few times as well so its probably not always dangerous but to me, people unwilling to stop and wait at a red light for 60 seconds kinda sum up the type of person that needs a holiday from driving for a while.
3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2008, 09:37 PM   #13
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

........ and the difference to someone stopping and filling up???? or was it the fact that they drove in the exit instead of the proper entrance???? I need a holiday ......

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2008, 10:03 PM   #14
3vXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by auslandau
........ and the difference to someone stopping and filling up???? or was it the fact that they drove in the exit instead of the proper entrance???? I need a holiday ......
The difference is that people driving up to the pumps generally aren't rushing to get out in front of the traffic before the light changes and the people walking around the station are expecting people to drive up to the pumps, car parking spots etc... not cutting though to get somewhere a minute quicker.

I did point out that i've seen people shortcut in the same spot without incident a few times also. My point was that its more about the attitude of someone that happily shortcuts though a busy service station than wait for the lights to change just to get in front of a few cars.

I'm not some cranky old man that whinges about anyone braking the ultra perfect laws we have but some things just require people to have a bit of common sense.
3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2008, 10:04 PM   #15
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We do it to avoid waiting in the que at the Mudgeeraba on ramp, all the motorway traffic comes from robina to mudgee to get onto the M1, and theres a pretty steady flow comming off as well, so instead of sitting on railway street for 20 minutes we hop through the servo and onto the M1 offramp (it connects to the offramp) and up through the roundabout, right next to a cop shop, never been pulled up about it, or even asked by the servo attendants to stop it.
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2008, 10:24 PM   #16
reece1
reece1

not an offence at all. you cant make the rules up as you go
reece1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2008, 10:26 PM   #17
RegSpec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Idiots who do this really p-ss me off......almost got wiped out one night while filling up.....this tool charges through the servo to miss the lights....his rear view mirror actually brushed my leg as he drives through the forecourt at about 30odd ks...WTF... :
I tell you.....he's sooo bloody lucky that I had to pay for the fuel rather than take off after him....
New ride....07' RSpec manual Typhoon in Winter White....factory sunroof, Premium sound, Process West intercooler, upsized tubing, valve springs, 1000cc injectors, Delphi intank pump,*modified turbo, 4" dump, 5" cat, dual 2 1/2" Xforce exhaust, Mal Wood Opt 5 clutch, Herrod shifter, Ozrace coilovers with adj. Whiteline bars, 6 spot Brembos,
Edit by Crescent Motorsport.....382rwkws @ 1150nms on E85....
RegSpec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2008, 12:04 AM   #18
GORDZ
OMGORDZ

meh, I do it all i can.

>>mind you i go about 5kph

BA XR6 Ute, twin throttlebodied blueprint.
GORDZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2008, 01:01 AM   #19
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

Oh i do it all the time, great timesaver!
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2008, 01:39 AM   #20
GORDZ
OMGORDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicXR6T
his rear view mirror actually brushed my leg

wow how tall are you?

BA XR6 Ute, twin throttlebodied blueprint.
GORDZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2008, 03:44 PM   #21
saber
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Occurs quite often at the corners of Plenty Rd and Gower st in Preston Victoria (Caltex service station). There are red light cameras there as well, not sure if anybody has been fined for doing it though.
saber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2008, 04:44 PM   #22
Creampuff
149 rwkw of Style

Wow!! i am amazed to you who admit it! I didn't know there were so many knobs out there.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:51 PM   #23
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by auslandau

Because most of the f wits that cut through servos are avoiding stopping at traffic lights, and speed through like morons who have no regard for other peoples safety.

I have nearly been collected walking to the cashier to pay for my fuel, and would have no hesitation dragging the offender out of his car and bashing some brains into his skull.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:25 PM   #24
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

I do it all the time, though I fail to see how you can 'speed' through most of them when there are usually 2 pretty sharp turns involved. Also the entrances and exits I go through are nowhere near the bowsers.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:38 PM   #25
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290
Because most of the f wits that cut through servos are avoiding stopping at traffic lights, and speed through like morons who have no regard for other peoples safety.

I have nearly been collected walking to the cashier to pay for my fuel, and would have no hesitation dragging the offender out of his car and bashing some brains into his skull.

Agreed, most are the "special" types that more important than other road users.

I saw a WRX do it at around 60klm per hour, i ended up next to him at a set of lights down the road and queried the legitimacy of his license, it was a one sided conversation as he would not even look at me. :jab:
Falcon Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2008, 05:41 PM   #26
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon_Phill
I do it all the time, though I fail to see how you can 'speed' through most of them when there are usually 2 pretty sharp turns involved. Also the entrances and exits I go through are nowhere near the bowsers.
Believe me, people do speed through them - they just treat the 'sharp turns' as a bit of challenging fun!!

While we're on the note of queue jumping w4nkers, don't you just hate people who go up merge lanes which they can see will end and push in 2-3 cars ahead? Sad thing is most people let them in because they don't want to be crashed into by said w4nker...
Old 11-08-2008, 05:51 PM   #27
XR8 Uterous
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creampuff
Wow!! i am amazed to you who admit it! I didn't know there were so many knobs out there.
Oh oh pick me! I must be a knob because I do it at two particular servos here, one of them has a decent sized area to cut through, no where near bowsers, and the second one I cut through because If you are first at the red light it takes over 3 minutes to change... And with how low my car is I have to drive slowly through them to avoid scrapping on entry/exit.

I'm on my P-Plates to, and drive a modified car, does that make me a bigger knob?
XR8 Uterous is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2008, 05:51 PM   #28
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Believe me, people do speed through them - they just treat the 'sharp turns' as a bit of challenging fun!!

While we're on the note of queue jumping w4nkers, don't you just hate people who go up merge lanes which they can see will end and push in 2-3 cars ahead? Sad thing is most people let them in because they don't want to be crashed into by said w4nker...

I saw a G6E cut in a long line of traffic in Dandenong this afternoon, the only gap he could find was a vacant spot over railway lines FFS.
I remember the rego and I'm looking to see if he's a member here......
Falcon Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2008, 06:00 PM   #29
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Every morning there's heaps that do this through Hungry Jack's and the BP at corner of Caroline Springs Blvd and Western highway...SO many in fact, that most days waiting for the lights will beat the short-cutters all queued up to get out of the servo...
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2008, 06:10 PM   #30
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL XR6
I'm on my P-Plates to, and drive a modified car, does that make me a bigger knob?
You must be! Regardless of the fact that I've never had any fine or infringement whatsoever I must be a knob head / for taking a shortcut on my way home. Because I REAAALLLY love sitting at those big intersections. Its not like when you pop out of the other side you don't have to wait for some people before you pull out, if theres a gap for me to do it i'm going to keep doing it.

I'm not going to stop because someone on a forum doesn't like it. The people who are really annoying are the ones who don't know basic road rules. Such as stay in the left lane if your not overtaking. This one is broken non-stop and it ****es me off to no end, and it actually is not following road rules.