Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 23-06-2008, 08:09 PM   #1
ilikemyhouse
Starter Motor

Default AU Power Windows Problem (another one!)

Hi guys,

As per the title, the front passenger side window in my '99 AU Fairmont has started playing up. It'll go down no worries, but it won't go back up . I've taken out the switch and cleaned the contacts to no avail, and I've tried one of the back ones as well, which I tested beforehand. The window won't go back up from the drivers side control, either.

The only way I can get it to go back up is to unclip the wiring loom near the bottom of the door and ground one of the two cables to the chassis. It works then. I can't remember which colour though. If I do this however, then the down won't work, it's probably shorting out thanks to the hard wired ground.

I'm at a loss as what to do and a search of these lovely forums here revealed only one other guy has had the same problem, but his wasn't resolved. Any ideas? This place is my last hope before I send it to the auto elecs so if anyone has any ideas please, I would love to hear from you!

Cheers.

ilikemyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2008, 09:12 PM   #2
Night

Have you pulled the main switch on the drivers side apart and clean those contacts. When I bought my fairmont neither back window worked so I cleaned the contacts on the back switches still to no avail but when I did the drivers door they worked.
Night is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2008, 09:20 PM   #3
ilikemyhouse
Starter Motor

OK I'll try that and report. Cheers! My mate who used to be an auto elec swore black and blue that it must have been a switch problem, and now that you mention it the window won't work unless both switches are connected so I'll have a shot tomorrow.

Thanks again.
ilikemyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2008, 12:07 AM   #4
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Here is the tutorial on how to fix the problem. It will be a dirty contact in the switch allowing it to go down but not up.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...828#post263828

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2008, 11:28 PM   #5
Night

Lets us know how you go with it
Night is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post