Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 06-06-2008, 07:21 PM   #1
mefozzy

Default Smart locks

Hi
I would like to know how to programme a new or second hand smart lock remote to a 1998 Fairmont.

mefozzy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2008, 07:35 PM   #2
xquizd
Da Boss

Been a while now but I think you switch ignition onto accessory position then flick the rear demister on & off 3 times, once you have completed that bit you then press the lock button on the remote you want to program.

On the 6th day god created holden : On the 7th day he realised his mistake & created FORD
xquizd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2008, 08:22 PM   #3
asusdragon
BA Falcon XT

yeh what he said above sounds right i had to do it once on my Fairmont. The instruction are in the ford manual, though if your asking you might not have them anymore

Quote:
If you can't fix it with a hammer. you're got an electrical problem
Quote:
You only need two tools in life - WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40, If it shouldnt move and does, use the duct tape
asusdragon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2008, 06:54 AM   #4
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Thumbs up

Here you go!

How to Train AU Keypads

1. Switch ignition from off (O) position to accessories (I)

Old keypads are removed from the system memory during the training procedure. Ensure all keypads are available to be retrained at the same time.

2. Press the rear window demister button 3 times within 5 seconds. The door locks will cycle to indicate that the system is in learn mode.

3. Press the ‘doors’ button of each of the keypads in turn. Turn the ignition OFF. The door locks will cycle to indicate that the keypads are trained.

Selecting two stage / single stage unlock feature. Series 2-3 Only!

This handy feature either locks/unlocks all doors when the button is pressed OR will only lock/unlock the drivers side door, then the others with another press of the button.

It’s a safety feature for women and children really, but handy to have.

With all doors closed, hold both the lock and unlock buttons down together (at the same time) for 5 seconds, indicators will flash to indicate a change has been made.

The selection is stored in each individual keypad, so each keypad can be set differently if you desire.

Cheers,

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2008, 10:35 AM   #5
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

GK speaks the truth
two stage unlocks is for clowns.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:28 PM   #6
FTe_XR8
formerly "3x-puursui7"

thanks heaps GK i will be doing this later as i keep getting ****ED with my car for not unlocking the whole lot and my unlock button is tempramental!

http://www.aufalcon.com.au/3x-puursui7
FTe_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2008, 01:25 PM   #7
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3x-puursui7
thanks heaps GK i will be doing this later as i keep getting ****ED with my car for not unlocking the whole lot and my unlock button is tempramental!
You could try this.

Repairing / Tweaking S2-3 Keypads
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpos...&postcount=105

Also, as the contacts / solder holding the battery cradle onto the circuit board in S2-3 keypads cracks, I've had some success putting a thin bit of foam in the back of the keypad cover to hold everything in place. Has worked well so far.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2008, 04:47 AM   #8
mefozzy

Default Thank you.

Thank you to you all got all the remotes working,all working well.
mefozzy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2008, 09:51 AM   #9
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Same as GK, I found the solder joints holding the battery cradle in place had let go in both of my remotes so I just got a piece of old dish sponge foam and put it in the back of the remotes behind the battery to press the cradle back into the circuit board and hold it firmly in place then close the remote back up. Works like a charm.

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2008, 12:24 PM   #10
V8 EF Fairmont

I have just tried the aforementioned to train my keypad, with no luck, and have some questions...

How to Train AU Keypads

1. Switch ignition from off (O) position to accessories (I)

Old keypads are removed from the system memory during the training procedure. Ensure all keypads are available to be retrained at the same time.

2. Press the rear window demister button 3 times within 5 seconds. The door locks will cycle to indicate that the system is in learn mode. (should this be done with doors open or closed, and do you push the button three times (on,off,on) or turn it on and off three times (on,off,on,off,on,off). I tried all options and was unable to get the locks to cycle.

3. Press the ‘doors’ button of each of the keypads in turn. (which button is the doors button - the unlock or the lock?) Turn the ignition OFF. The door locks will cycle to indicate that the keypads are trained.

Selecting two stage / single stage unlock feature. Series 2-3 Only!

This handy feature either locks/unlocks all doors when the button is pressed OR will only lock/unlock the drivers side door, then the others with another press of the button.

It’s a safety feature for women and children really, but handy to have.

With all doors closed, hold both the lock and unlock buttons down together (at the same time) for 5 seconds, indicators will flash to indicate a change has been made.

The selection is stored in each individual keypad, so each keypad can be set differently if you desire.
V8 EF Fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post