Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 09-03-2008, 01:27 PM   #1
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

Default Fatality In Langwarrin VIC .. Does it Really need to happen ?

Single car fatal collision in Langwarrin

Police are investigating a fatal collision at Langwarrin this morning.

The collision occurred at 4am when a car travelling east on Cranbourne Road collided into tree near the intersection of Long Street.

The driver, a man in his 20’s and only occupant, died at the scene.

His identity has not yet been confirmed.

Major Collision Investigation Unit is attending the scene to investigate the circumstances surrounding the collision.

Police have the eastbound lanes on Cranbourne Road blocked between Mc Clelland Drive and Long Street.

Westbound traffic is has been reduced to one lane and the lanes are expected to blocked for the next couple of hours.
------------------------------------
This is Getting Rediculous .. The more that the government shrugs off the fact that Road Safety does not impact Teenagers Enough , Well , the more of these Sickening Accidents there will be ..
I Went and had a Look , and Most people know me as a Jovial Person.. But I am Deeply Shocked at this one .. its Probably the Worst Accident , ive Ever seen in my Life ..
The Car ( Red VT Commodore ) Was Racing through Cranbourne-Frankston Road , and has lost Control , And Hitting a Tree .. Now to Explain this so you can Visualise it , Imagine a Car being a Donut and the Tree Through the DCenter of it .. The Bonnet Touching the Boot .. Driver ( Deceased ) is still Trapped inside ..
Words Cant Describe how i feel about this .. Angry Because the Driver Was being just plain Stupid , or Magented that the whole Transport System is so Archaic that they believe that Sending visual Images of Car Accidents to Young Drivers affects them ..
Sorry for the Rant .. Just Pi55es me off to think that another Life has been wasted on the roads because some Bureucrat doesnt want to part with Money ..
Condolences to the Family of the Victims ..
:
Sorry for this Rant .. But it needed to be Vented ..
Cheers
Daniel ..

AU2PWR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2008, 01:38 PM   #2
Kryton

you could be in the middle of a flat desert and some tool will still manage to wipe themselves out.
the government cant physically hold everyones hand can they.
its time to stop blaming the government and blaming the idiots behind the wheel.
there is, or at least was, a thing called personal responsibility.
those that choose not to use it, find themselves in this situation.
the passenger was the unfortunate one in this case.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2008, 01:44 PM   #3
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I agree with davway. How did the accident occur, at 4am and went off the road I'd say he fell asleep, had probably been drinking too, just guessing, could be wrong.
You can't change everything, it's like these guys that dive into the surf and break their neck then sue the council for not putting up signs.
Unfortunataley sh-it happens, it is sad that a young guy has had his life snuffed out.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:49 PM   #4
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU2PWR
Single car fatal collision in Langwarrin

Police are investigating a fatal collision at Langwarrin this morning.

The collision occurred at 4am when a car travelling east on Cranbourne Road collided into tree near the intersection of Long Street.

The driver, a man in his 20’s and only occupant, died at the scene.

His identity has not yet been confirmed.

Major Collision Investigation Unit is attending the scene to investigate the circumstances surrounding the collision.

Police have the eastbound lanes on Cranbourne Road blocked between Mc Clelland Drive and Long Street.

Westbound traffic is has been reduced to one lane and the lanes are expected to blocked for the next couple of hours.
------------------------------------
This is Getting Rediculous .. The more that the government shrugs off the fact that Road Safety does not impact Teenagers Enough , Well , the more of these Sickening Accidents there will be ..
I Went and had a Look , and Most people know me as a Jovial Person.. But I am Deeply Shocked at this one .. its Probably the Worst Accident , ive Ever seen in my Life ..
The Car ( Red VT Commodore ) Was Racing through Cranbourne-Frankston Road , and has lost Control , And Hitting a Tree .. Now to Explain this so you can Visualise it , Imagine a Car being a Donut and the Tree Through the DCenter of it .. The Bonnet Touching the Boot .. Driver ( Deceased ) is still Trapped inside ..
Words Cant Describe how i feel about this .. Angry Because the Driver Was being just plain Stupid , or Magented that the whole Transport System is so Archaic that they believe that Sending visual Images of Car Accidents to Young Drivers affects them ..
Sorry for the Rant .. Just Pi55es me off to think that another Life has been wasted on the roads because some Bureucrat doesnt want to part with Money ..
Condolences to the Family of the Victims ..
:
Sorry for this Rant .. But it needed to be Vented ..
Cheers
Daniel ..
WHO CAUSED THE "ACCIDENT"...??????

Old 09-03-2008, 02:01 PM   #5
3vXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
the passenger was the unfortunate one in this case.
I think the guy was flying solo.
3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2008, 02:15 PM   #6
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken2903
I think the guy was flying solo.
you are correct.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:35 PM   #7
benoxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry AU2PWR but this one seems to be solely the drivers fault - nothing the Govt can do about it. How much more can the messages be sent - dont speed, dont drink/drive etc etc. Still some don't listen.

What irks me also, is this guys parents will probably be on Tv saying
" We hope others learn by our son's death so that his death was not in vein, the Govt has to do something about these road fatalaties"
It's a great comment considering they nor their son have learnt from all the previous fatals on the road. They all died in vein I'd say.
R.I.P. Jarrad 22/05/83 - 08/12/02
benoxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2008, 02:51 PM   #8
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Vein = Tubey things that carry de-oxygenated blood from the body back to the lungs.

Vain = In love with one's appearance, or without effect or avail; to no purpose

WRong spelling = different meaning. I just cannot stand wrong spelling.

But I agree, the government can advertise and have all the education programs they want, but the fact remains that some people will be idiots regardless.
We know smoking is bad, we know driving recklessly will increase your chances of a car accident and we know that ecstacy is a dangerous drug.

REgardless of what you tell people, they will ignore the warnings and ignore the cases of death that have occurred before them, believing they know better or are invincible.

My view is that if people wish to be that ignorant, I don't feel sorry for the victim. I feel sorry for the families (in most cases) and friends who have lost somebody they loved.

I also pray like hell that they take nobody else with them who is not involved e.g. a mother and young baby in another car.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2008, 02:58 PM   #9
3vXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
Vein = Tubey things that carry de-oxygenated blood from the body back to the lungs.

But I agree, the government can advertise and have all the education programs they want, but the fact remains that some people will be idiots regardless.
We know smoking is bad, we know driving recklessly will increase your chances of a car accident and we know that ecstacy is a dangerous drug.

REgardless of what you tell people, they will ignore the warnings and ignore the cases of death that have occurred before them, believing they know better or are invincible.

My view is that if people wish to be that ignorant, I don't feel sorry for the victim. I feel sorry for the families (in most cases) and friends who have lost somebody they loved.

I also pray like hell that they take nobody else with them who is not involved e.g. a mother and young baby in another car.
what he said + one million.

Also, you are on ford forums. Trying to correct spelling on here is like fighting a bush fire with a water pistol

EDIT: I'm off to fix my breaks
3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2008, 03:00 PM   #10
Kryton

why is this titled DOUBLE fatality when it says in the article:
The driver, a man in his 20’s and only occupant
Old 09-03-2008, 03:33 PM   #11
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hate to say it but we are becoming more and more a society of finger pointers and responsibility shirkers... its always someone else's fault, blame the govt or blame the roads, what happened to the Aussie way of taking responsibility for your own actions? When will people listen to the messages?
Road deaths are tragic.. but until people learn to drive sensibly and responsibly this will continue to happen.
Its no wonder the govt has to resort to removing vehicles from people who show a flagrant disregard for the laws and road safety, and banning inexperienced drivers from high powered vehicles.. in-effect protecting them somewhat from themselves.... apart from that what else is going to work?

Old 09-03-2008, 04:12 PM   #12
Dezza
Parts bin special

I just saw this on a news update, and I certainly see what you mean about this being one of the worst accidents you've seen. People just need to drive sensibly, and to the conditions. A tragic accident.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2008, 04:23 PM   #13
fmc351
let it burn

No-one listens, that the problem. People say stupid things like "speed doesnt kill" which confuses and encourages the wrong people. There was one here the other day at Tewantin, IIRC it was a newish Commodore which hit a tree and burst into flames killing 3. First on scene pulled one guy but couldnt get the other 3, he had to leave to get help while the car was burning as there was no mobile reception.

Weird thing was, the tow truck driver carting the wreck died on the same road after a heart attack and the truck ran off the road with the wreck still on the tray.
Quote:

Vane = Wind direction indicating device.

Just for completeness.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2008, 04:28 PM   #14
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

I have a feeling this thread is going to turn into a b1tchfest. If so it will be closed so let's be careful.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2008, 04:54 PM   #15
jason71
google is my friend

No matter what Governments or anyone else say, nothing will stop people from acting like tools, unfortunately.
jason71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2008, 05:00 PM   #16
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And while we're on topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herald Sun
Learner clocked at 148km/h on Princes Highway

A LEARNER driver had his car impounded by police after being detected doing 148 kilometres an hour in Melbourne's west overnight.
Police say the 24-year-old man was clocked at nearly 50 kilometres an hour above the speed limit on the Princes Highway at Laverton North last night.

They say he only had a learner's permit and didn't have someone with a full licence in the front while the car was unregistered and had false plates.

The man faces various driving charges and his car has been seized for 48 hours under anti-hooning legislation.
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...24-661,00.html

There are some people who will simply never get it.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2008, 05:02 PM   #17
troppo
Mr old phart

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken2903
EDIT: I'm off to fix my breaks
Be careful you don't loose the nuts.
Doh!...almost used it in it's proper context.

BA GT-P Blueprint
troppo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2008, 05:06 PM   #18
Panda
XR6 and XR8 Club of QLD

It's Natural Selection -

"Natural selection is a process by which heritable traits that are helpful for survival and reproduction become more common in a population, while harmful traits become more rare. This occurs because individuals with advantageous traits reproduce more successfully, so that more in the next generation inherit these traits.[1][2] Over many generations, adaptations occur through a combination of successive, small, random changes in traits, and natural selection of those variants best-suited for their environment.[3] In contrast, genetic drift produces random changes in the frequency of traits in a population. Genetic drift arises from the role chance plays in whether a given individual will survive and reproduce."

No doubt it is sad for the family etc, but these things happen. It is the responsibility of the driver and the driver alone, not the Government or anybody else.

Panda
Old 09-03-2008, 05:32 PM   #19
Spanrz
Hmmmmmmm!!

As I posted in another thread about this, but man he was flying. He must of hit a bump and lost it, wedged into the tree like that.

What's funny again, and proves my theory, that if the VT had not flipped on its side, it would have crashed into the B pillar.
Why is it a tendency to always crash a car around something in the B pillar.

Is it our mindset or trying to recover the vehicle and not thinking past our bum (position in the car - not thinking behind us), or is it our reflexes on when they react.

Would love to see this statistic done in some sort of a study.

Last edited by BA Waggn; 09-03-2008 at 05:38 PM.
Spanrz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2008, 09:13 PM   #20
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

A bloke, say 19 - 23 age timeframe, . . .

Bloke and blokes mate buy a motorbike, co-owners . . .

Bloke lends motorbike to bloke three . . who rides and impacts a tree and dies... too fast, etc etc etc, protection?-Lol.

Bloke in role of peer-passenger with two young females peers, drive around as blokes good mate 'bloke',- loses it and crashes, nearly kills the two girls who suffer severe injuries. Blokes good mate, 'Bloke' is flat bloke-dead. Bloke himself is in public ICU for five weeks.

Never mind, people learn eh?

Then, on approach to Santas time of reign a couple of seasons ago, bloke and a girl/friend, 17 - depart place that serves grog soon after midnight, which may or may not be a factor in blokes manhood-to-be-determined. Blokes a real man - brilliant Nip-Missin' sports car driver he is; must impress, surely?? Soo much like a NSW CC similar event, car-wise, years ago where three went to ground.

Passes the 500km/h zone (err gee, sorry bloke - thats actually '50km/h', not 500km/h mmk) into the 700km/h zone (oops again, 70km/h mate, not 700km/h mmk), approaches left-sweeping curve at 'generous' speed, the exciting sportz car man sees his vehicle begin-to-lose-control (not good - bad sportz car, bad sportz car), crosses into vacant oncoming lane, - 'vacant' - thank god, and straight into a goddamned native tree! (Bloody trees). Car rebounds! You get that!

YL's career as human cannonball worked well but was short lived. Lesson; laminated windscreen will not hold female form in, in a severe right-offset impact.

Initial help arrives, checks meh. Scene made traffic safe, paramedic brother choppers in, checks her - nope, no real discernable stem activity, sent to hosp and kept on support overnight, family then turn off support realising frutality, one more to ground.

Bloke suffered a few injuries including one that broke his arm. Showed remorse later with gathered support folk near the scene after being released. Nice flowers and cards.

Trial in about a moon from now. Mmm, must drive licensed, they are prone to suspension for prior traffic mis-behaviours you know../ .

Lol, another bloke wrote his Commodore off the otherday. Prior had run his other car into a nearby neighbours fence, great relations.

Wonder if I'll see him one day at the same spot??
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf

Last edited by Keepleft; 09-03-2008 at 09:19 PM.
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2008, 10:07 PM   #21
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Scary none-the-less.

Makes me look back on all the idiotic stuff I've done involving speed on public roads. It sorta hits you, 'That coulda been me...'

Poor guy and I feel sorry for his family. It's just one of those parts of life I guess, no matter what you do to prevent it, it's always gonna happen.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2008, 02:11 AM   #22
normxb
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Sitting on the Dunny , Contemplating "What to do Next".

fmc351

Yep mate , I saw that one on the news . They said at the time the Towie might have had a Heart Attack , but if it wasn't for the smash he wouldn't have been out there . Another innocent victim .

I'm always nervous till my 2 girls are home safe , because it's always sad to see the innocent people hurt .

Keeping FORDS in the family

(Embarressment :yeees: , Son now has a "Camira" : )
"Look Right , Look Left , Look Right , BEFORE crossing Roads"
normxb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2008, 04:55 PM   #23
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

AU2.. what do teenagers have to do with a 20yr old killin himself on a country road? and where do you guys get your info from? do you know if he was drinking? do you know if he was hooning? hell, he could have fallen asleep! quit assuming things
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2008, 05:53 PM   #24
Shonky
my other ride is the bus.

Quote:

Actually a Vein does not carry blood from the body to the lungs. A Vein carries blood towards the heart, and it is not neccisarily de-oxygenated. The Pulmonary Veins which carry blood from the lungs to the heart carry oxygen rich blood.

Also blood does not go direct from the body to the lungs. Blood from the body goes via the Superior and Inferior Vena Cava to the heart, where it is eventually pumped to the lungs for gas-exchange and back to the heart from where it is pumped around the body.

Sorry Uranium... couldn't help myself... :

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourbastard
Edelbrock.... not Peter Brock. Theres a world of difference. For a start my heads have much less gum tree in them.
Shonky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2008, 06:24 PM   #25
pplaternomore

if you are going to comment that happened yesterday morning, shouldnt you have all the facts??

the accident happened because two guys were racing down the road, and the other car clipped the car that had the accident, sending it out of control and into the tree, while the other guy sped off, called the emergency services, and was then cornered by the police while he tried to run off!!

but i have to agree that we cant blame the government or the road or anyone else, but it is dishonest to the deceased guys memory to make comments about the accident without knowing the facts.

(i know all this because i know someone who was working near the accident, and someone who is with the cfa that helped cut the guy out, and i drove past and saw just how horrific the scene was).

R.I.P
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2008, 10:20 PM   #26
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
AU2.. what do teenagers have to do with a 20yr old killin himself on a country road? and where do you guys get your info from? do you know if he was drinking? do you know if he was hooning? hell, he could have fallen asleep! quit assuming things

most times i agree that conclusions should not be jumped too as the media do it all too often, however.... on this occasion it would seem speed was involved. a car will not wrap itself around a tree so far that the bonnet is kissing the boot unless its travelling a fair way on the wrong side of the limit.
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post