Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 16-12-2007, 08:07 PM   #1
EF Futura 07
14.915 @ 151 KPH

Talking Oil+Rain+Hill = sideways action i didnt want

well, its not like we havnt had rain for weeks and its just road grime getting all wet and slippery. went up to the shops and on the way back you come to a T-intersection that is off camber and on a 5 degree slope. so turning right waiting behind 2 cars, each car went a little sideways so i thought they were just beeing tools, so my turn , i pull out (its a corner that has 2 lanes you have to cross before turning into your lane, if you know what i mean) anyway before i turned the wheel the car went went sideways about 70 degrees to the way i wanted to go, it was oil or fuel because it was a quick "wip" and not a slide. (no, i wasnt in my car i was in the parents beemer, which has a very tight limo so it probly didnt help lol) anyway all i did was take foot off throttle and counter steer finnaly i stopped, facing the way i wanted to go but not in my lane lol. not good when you have cars that are moving in the lane you stopped in lol. the end

EL XR Front, 16 inch Tickford's, Superlow's Front/Rear with Monroe GT Sport's : , XR6T Snorkle/Fram Filter, 4499's/Hi Flow Cat/2.5 inch Redback, 4.11's/LSD, 5% Tint, Sony Head Unit/ 6 1/2 Inch 190w Speaker's
: 14.915 @ 151 kph 60' 2.254 :
EF Futura 07 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2007, 08:57 PM   #2
efgiar
rofl copter

waste of space.. no pics and no damage :P haha jk. yes the roads do get oily as after a long dry period. theres a particular round about that is constantly slippery, if i dont do less then 5km/h it kicks out, accelerator or not.

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2007, 08:57 PM   #3
simok

wow we great story ! ! thrilling
simok is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2007, 10:34 PM   #4
webby_191189
low wagooon

Yeah i had the same thing last happen last night was scary the first time but the second time was a bit of fun haha

webby_191189 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2007, 10:42 PM   #5
Dezza
Parts bin special

Yeah, these things happen. I'm sure most of us here have lost control in the wet at some stage. I remember spinning mine going sedately around a roundabout back in 1st year uni. I didn't hit anything and nobody were around so it was all good.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2007, 09:23 AM   #6
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

We used to go into town on a rainy night when we hadn't had rain for a while and sit in our cars in a car park watching all the losers lose control of their cars being stupid around roundabouts! Makes a good laugh when the smartas$es crash their car into a gutter that has blue stones built up along the edge about 2 feet high. So you can imagine the damage!
Mind you we were sitting a fair bit down the road so they wouldn't have even known we were watching!

Point of the story, yes it does get very slippery in the wet after a long dry period and it can be scary!
Old 17-12-2007, 10:26 AM   #7
bentles
Banned

yeh something similar happened to me leaving pick a part on saturday...
bentles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2007, 10:31 AM   #8
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah happened to me turing on the on ramp of the Monash in the rain last week. Would have been going under 40kph and the carslid right under me. Pretty lucky know one else was around me
T3ts50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2007, 08:07 PM   #9
EF Futura 07
14.915 @ 151 KPH

lol read the first line again!!! we have had heaps of rain! hence why i said it was oil lol

OH and SIMOK: you sound interesting yourself having 30 odd post's in 15months

EL XR Front, 16 inch Tickford's, Superlow's Front/Rear with Monroe GT Sport's : , XR6T Snorkle/Fram Filter, 4499's/Hi Flow Cat/2.5 inch Redback, 4.11's/LSD, 5% Tint, Sony Head Unit/ 6 1/2 Inch 190w Speaker's
: 14.915 @ 151 kph 60' 2.254 :
EF Futura 07 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2007, 08:59 PM   #10
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

where bouts in syd where ya?
Old 27-12-2007, 02:27 AM   #11
renegade334

These alternating days of rain and heat make the roads EXTRA slippery, and as this is my first month of driving on my Ps. I'm having a similar experience to Webby_191189. I wasn't expecting to kick the tail out at such low speeds, first time I definitely got a bit of a fright, after that it was a little fun...

Now, call me stupid, but I just noticed your username Webby, is that your D.O.B? Because if it is, your a day older than me.
renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2007, 01:46 AM   #12
ea90gl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

its a bit hard to explain but i come across a few stretches of streets here and there that have a real light grey appearance and seem to be smoother than normal, once it rains these roads are VERY slippery, much more than the usual 98% of road surface we come across everyday. I was once driving down the mentioned slippery road after it rained one day and i saw this new celica turn in hard and understeer straight into the gutter so keep your eyes out and be careful
ea90gl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2007, 09:53 PM   #13
castek
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

a roundabout i used to go around every morning on the way to and from gym was like this. a bit of rain and i'd be getting a awd powerslide happening. scared the crap outta me the first time, was hell fun every time after that
castek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2007, 02:15 PM   #14
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

if you want slippery, as you do a left onto plenty road, from childs road, heading towards south morang... that stretch of road is very slippery, but its very fun.. in a stocker you can slide all the way up the road from 90kph...

i'm surprised that road is not replaced with something more grippy :P
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2007, 07:54 PM   #15
burkie_21
wild xr8

haha i agree with braden, it was a ****a the night we were there. not to mention i almost ended up one of those who lost it
burkie_21 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2007, 02:51 PM   #16
gngtho
Banned

i love it when the roads get that way but, with these hoon laws someone can get easily picked up for hooning even though they didn't mean to go sideways.

its happend to me a few times and have had to realy be appolagetic to the officer in charge.

but when i do go out to do it intentionaly funnally i find that my heart is not in it anymore, call it getting older but id rather do it on a skid pan day.

but as for your little venture yeh you gotta be carefull especillay when your behind the wheel of a car thats not yours.

good job getting a hold of it though mate most p platters theese days find it great fun to do that then they do it again and thats when it happens, they end up killing good mates or a innocent by-stander.
gngtho is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2008, 12:14 PM   #17
LiL_Macka
("(O.o)") Fear the EL!!!

Happens every time i boot it out of a corner... Regardless of condition the road... Prefer the wet because everytime i do it in the dry it kinda costs me like 40 bucks in fuel and tyres...
Old 01-01-2008, 01:27 PM   #18
gngtho
Banned

mind you the rain is great as less rubber is chewed up, and the hang time is great.
gngtho is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post