Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 17-11-2007, 11:37 PM   #1
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

Arrow hoon law?s question

Hi, so about 3 months ago I got caught losing traction, the car didn't get impounded(it could have easily)... but after court when I plead guilty to careless driving.. if, and i mean a big IF i happen to lose traction intensionally and get caught, again.. will the car be taken for two days, or 3 months that's assuming it gets impounded, as technically I've never had a car impounded because of my driving ?

the charge is careless driving
(not that it matters, but obscured num. plate too)

kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2007, 11:56 PM   #2
GORDZ
OMGORDZ

thats very iffy. the 'hoon' laws go 2 days, 3 months then sold, but 'hooning' in itself is open to interpretation. if you haven't clearly been given the first punishment, i think it highly unlikely that next time (if there is one) you'll get anything but the 2 days.

for curiousity, after pleading guilty do careless driving, what was the punishment? i'll be doing the same on thursday > : (

BA XR6 Ute, twin throttlebodied blueprint.
GORDZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2007, 12:00 AM   #3
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

well, you can tell me how it goes as mine is on the friday. lol

did your car get impounded? or just summons

edit: my mate who has had 1 previous license suspension and countless infringements, hit a tree, wasn't hooning, just slid out, - careless driving

asked for leniency and told the court he was *cough* applying for a truck license and a new job *cough* , he only got 2 weeks suspension !

my record is clean, or was :P
Old 18-11-2007, 12:09 AM   #4
GORDZ
OMGORDZ

i did a u turn from right to left on a car cruise. old bloke from the small town shop did a full police report and they somehow came up with 4 individual charges. unfortunately i owned up to the incorrect u turn but as as excessive noise etc etc i called BS. so i'm prolly gonna get a fine for the incorect u turn. i'll be F'd if they punish me for something i didn't do / they can't prove!!!!

i previously wiped my car out on a tree... didn't tell the authorities nor the insurance... in the long run will prove to be financially benificial

Old 18-11-2007, 12:21 AM   #5
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

yeah bugger, sounds a bit iffy hehe, well added when we get our licenses back it's 1 passenger restriction for 12 months :P, which is ok, seeing as i can put my bike license to use and get a motorbike again.
Old 18-11-2007, 12:23 AM   #6
GORDZ
OMGORDZ

meh, i drive a ute. if thats all i get i'll be laughin!

Old 18-11-2007, 03:37 AM   #7
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Plead guitly to the Unlawfull u-turn, and also to the knowing you was doing the u-turn unlawfully, but you wanted to do it as quick asap to aviod any accidents ( proving some concern for other motirists !) , but in the hurry of doing the u-turn you lost traction un-intentionaly. Admit to your mistakes and show remorse for what you did will get you a long way - and do you no harm - believe me ! . You might just get off with a fine with a bit of luck. GL. cheers

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2007, 07:05 AM   #8
SDKC
To punish and enslave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyro_02
Hi, so about 3 months ago I got caught losing traction, the car didn't get impounded(it could have easily)... but after court when I plead guilty to careless driving.. if, and i mean a big IF i happen to lose traction intensionally and get caught, again.. will the car be taken for two days, or 3 months that's assuming it gets impounded, as technically I've never had a car impounded because of my driving ?

the charge is careless driving
(not that it matters, but obscured num. plate too)
If you plead to the Careless Driving (Improper Use) and get convicted, that now becomes a prior offence, whether or not your car was impounded.

So the next time you commit an offence,

- The vehicle used in the commission of the offence is to be seized and impounded immediately for 48 hours.
- Then an application to have the vehicle impounded for 3 months will be sought.

Then after a second conviction and you have 2 prior offences.

If a further offence is committed, the same process applies, except this time it is an application to have the vehicle forfeited.
SDKC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2007, 11:56 AM   #9
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDZ
i did a u turn from right to left on a car cruise. old bloke from the small town shop did a full police report and they somehow came up with 4 individual charges. unfortunately i owned up to the incorrect u turn but as as excessive noise etc etc i called BS. so i'm prolly gonna get a fine for the incorect u turn. i'll be F'd if they punish me for something i didn't do / they can't prove!!!!

i previously wiped my car out on a tree... didn't tell the authorities nor the insurance... in the long run will prove to be financially benificial
Was this on the B-Series Cruise when you did the Handbrake turn on the Main Road ...

AU2PWR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2007, 12:05 PM   #10
EF Futura 07
14.915 @ 151 KPH

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU2PWR
Was this on the B-Series Cruise when you did the Handbrake turn on the Main Road ...
lol woop's

EL XR Front, 16 inch Tickford's, Superlow's Front/Rear with Monroe GT Sport's : , XR6T Snorkle/Fram Filter, 4499's/Hi Flow Cat/2.5 inch Redback, 4.11's/LSD, 5% Tint, Sony Head Unit/ 6 1/2 Inch 190w Speaker's
: 14.915 @ 151 kph 60' 2.254 :
EF Futura 07 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2007, 12:58 PM   #11
Krakey
love thy ford

haha wish i had the chance to plead either way. I spun the wheels in a public paddock out in some country town and some crazy cat lady called the cops and gave them my rego. Thing was i never got to say anything because i was a p plater so if someone says i did something, then i must have...... The cop tried to take me to court which would have lost me my licence and a hefty fine but he was overturned by someone further up in the chain, probably because they saw it as what it was, doing a doughnut on wet grass in a paddock no-one uses!!! :
Old 18-11-2007, 01:39 PM   #12
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDKC
If you plead to the Careless Driving (Improper Use) and get convicted, that now becomes a prior offence, whether or not your car was impounded.

So the next time you commit an offence,

- The vehicle used in the commission of the offence is to be seized and impounded immediately for 48 hours.
- Then an application to have the vehicle impounded for 3 months will be sought.

Then after a second conviction and you have 2 prior offences.

If a further offence is committed, the same process applies, except this time it is an application to have the vehicle forfeited.
thanks SDKC,

i'll be driving like a granny and behaving once all this is over. hehe

now playing the waiting game to see what suspension i get on Friday.

:
Old 20-11-2007, 07:42 PM   #13
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

GORDZ:

i checked the vicroads site and it says:

"A passenger restriction limits a person driving on a probationary licence from driving a motor vehicle which is carrying more than one passenger.

The restriction applies to probationary licence holders who, within the first 12 months of obtaining their first probationary licence, commit an offence which results in the cancellation or suspension of the licence.

It is imposed for 12 months from the date the licence is reissued."

Now, reading that... I can safely say I won't have any passenger restrictions...
Old 21-11-2007, 01:05 AM   #14
Cooper69S

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyro_02
i'll be driving like a granny and behaving once all this is over.
just wondering how long you need to drive like a granny for...

I haven't paid real close attention to all the other hoon laws threads around, but one thing i haven't seen answered is this...

must a second or any subsequent "hooning" conviction occur within a certain time frame of the previous conviction for the law to apply?

eg if hypothetically a young enthusiastic driver gets carried away and loses their car for 48 hours, than again for 3 months or whatever it is, then some years later after getting a good job and buying a ferrari they accidentally lose traction taking off from the lights on a wet road and a cop considers it a hoon offence - could the car be permanently confiscated? or do hoon law convictions drop off the record after 3 years like demerit points?
Cooper69S is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2007, 03:14 PM   #15
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

if you get caught for the second time within 3 years, your car will be impounded for 3 months

if you get caught for the second time, say in 3 years and 1 month, or 4 years etc. you'll lose it for only 24-48 hours.
Old 23-11-2007, 03:30 PM   #16
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

i get to keep my license
got a conviction
and no fines

my lawyer says i may get a letter from vicroads sayin i have two options take 3 months suspension or 1 point for 12 months

im thinking taking the 1 point .. as my past record for 1year 5 months i've had no fines, so see how i go lol.. if i get dicked durig my 1 pointer then i get a 6 month suspension instead :(

as i said regardless if i take the 3 months suspension or not,i don't get any passenger restrictions, but i've learnt my lesson, don't listen to the 4 passengers !!! :P