Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 31-10-2007, 01:20 AM   #1
EA Bogan

Default EA modding tips needed

While my beautiful EA Fairmont Ghia goes hard as it is, i cant help but invest in it to increase its performacne further..Its specs are 139 KW @4250 RPM and 338NM @3500 RPM as im sure many of you know..Profix in Adelaided have given me a quote of $1300 for Pacemaker extractors, 2.5 Inch Sports exhaust, Cold Air Intake and tuning + 2 dyno runs..is that a good deal for these upgrades and what sort of power could i expect from it? 160-170 kw would be great, same as the 5.0 litre windsor V8 but much better on the fuel..all info is greatly appreciated

Car 2: White 1998 Toyota Starlet Life 5speed manual
EA Bogan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2007, 01:26 AM   #2
Beetus
Now drifting a falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA Bogan
While my beautiful EA Fairmont Ghia goes hard as it is, i cant help but invest in it to increase its performacne further..Its specs are 139 KW @4250 RPM and 338NM @3500 RPM as im sure many of you know..Profix in Adelaided have given me a quote of $1300 for Pacemaker extractors, 2.5 Inch Sports exhaust, Cold Air Intake and tuning + 2 dyno runs..is that a good deal for these upgrades and what sort of power could i expect from it? 160-170 kw would be great, same as the 5.0 litre windsor V8 but much better on the fuel..all info is greatly appreciated
160 tops ide say
Beetus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2007, 08:59 AM   #3
webby_191189
low wagooon

id say probably 155. After all its only an exhaust which is lucky to make 10kw, a CAI will make probably 2kw and you might be able to pick up a couple more if your lucky by advancing the timing

webby_191189 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2007, 09:51 AM   #4
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA Bogan
Hope your expecting that power at the flywheel and not the rear wheels!

I was thinking $1300 sounds a bit dear for that, but I guess catback exhaust is up to about $300ish, extractors around $400+, CAI can be any ridiculous price, do you know what CAI he uses? Plus 2 dyno runs and tuning could be a $100 - $200.
So it probably does come pretty close to that price.

Another thing you can do is put in a larger cam, port and polished head and advance the timing a bit.

Keep us posted with your results.
Old 31-10-2007, 09:56 AM   #5
bentles
Banned

im guesing XH snorkel and panel filter so $45 + $80 for filter

$120 on intake

or $450 or so if its one of them SS inductions systems

300 for catback
+ 400 for extractors
+250 for highflow cat
1070 with xh and panel or
1400 worth of parts for the SS inductions route. plus dyno runs and he might give the timing a bit of a once over so it makes it pretty worth it, but its pointless doing dyno runs unless you have a cam as the exhaust and intake probably wont affect your tuning that much.
bentles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2007, 10:28 AM   #6
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentls
im guesing XH snorkel and panel filter so $45 + $80 for filter

$120 on intake

or $450 or so if its one of them SS inductions systems

300 for catback
+ 400 for extractors
+250 for highflow cat
1070 with xh and panel or
1400 worth of parts for the SS inductions route. plus dyno runs and he might give the timing a bit of a once over so it makes it pretty worth it, but its pointless doing dyno runs unless you have a cam as the exhaust and intake probably wont affect your tuning that much.
Forgot about hi flow cat!

Its a shame there isnt much in the way of CAI's for MPFI manifolds without going custom.
Old 31-10-2007, 10:53 AM   #7
bentles
Banned

yup
but when u think about it, whether you have an SS inductions setup costing 400, or a XH snorkel the average user with just exhaust mods probably wont notice the difference.
bentles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post