Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 28-10-2007, 02:40 PM   #1
xr8AU2

Default XR8 Surging

HI im after a little help as i have a problem with my ute,
it feels as though its surging whilst driving at freeway speeds,
you can feel it back off then accelerate again, not drastically but it can be felt.
has anyone had these problems and maybe able to give me an answer.
cheers

xr8AU2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2007, 04:36 PM   #2
WoodysXR6
Wanting a sprint!

I had a similar problem and it ended up being 1 of the spark leads not being connected proply.
The Mechanics 1st replaced the fuel pressure regulator though under warranty, and still didnt fix it.
hope that helps.
Old 28-10-2007, 05:45 PM   #3
crakrz
T3 TE50 Blueprint

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Craig has shown and shared an outstanding amount of knowledge in the field of Tuning. Craig is only to happy to share with anyone that asks his knowledge on the EEC tuning system, in particularly in the use of Moates Quarterhorse and Binary Editor. 

I had a similar problem at cruising speeds, i got the "lean cruise" air fuel ratios richened up slightly while getting the edit done and no more problem. I'm not saying that this will be the same for you as there are many things that can probably cause this symptom. -craig
crakrz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post