Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 09-07-2007, 12:26 PM   #1
Brewtal ED

Default CAPA supercharge kits

Hey has anyone on these forums installed a capa supercharger kit onto their e series falcon? Ive heard the kits copme with everything youd need to have a supercharger running (with no hidden costs) is this true?

Any info would be great
Cheers

2002 AU XR6
Manual, current project

2004 BF Fairmont
Stock - family car
Brewtal ED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2007, 01:16 PM   #2
Gunns
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewtal ED
Hey has anyone on these forums installed a capa supercharger kit onto their e series falcon? Ive heard the kits copme with everything youd need to have a supercharger running (with no hidden costs) is this true?

Any info would be great
Cheers
Great kits, that will see the car running and a good power increase, but to do it properly you will need larger injectors, rising rate fuel reg, after market engine management, and possibly and intercooler and piping.

So the answer is yes they do come with everything to get you running but it all depends on how much power you are after and how well you want it to run.
Gunns is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2007, 01:26 PM   #3
JOSH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Quote:

Any info would be great
Cheers
hey mate,
i have done a few of these kits to e series cars, the last one i did was with a built motor with lower comp and all the gear, just tell them what you have got and what you want to do with it and they will tell you the best thing to do and buy. every kit i have done which is around 11 or 12 has been off them and you absolutly get every thing you need. hope this helps

cheers Josh

(p.s ask for scott)
JOSH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2007, 02:04 PM   #4
Brewtal ED

cheers guys. one last quick question, will a stock ED engine (manual) be able to run a supercharger without damaging/wearing the engine?

2002 AU XR6
Manual, current project

2004 BF Fairmont
Stock - family car
Old 09-07-2007, 02:07 PM   #5
Gunns
Banned

Quote:
cheers guys. one last quick question, will a stock ED engine (manual) be able to run a supercharger without damaging/wearing the engine?
Yes with a very good tune!
Gunns is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2007, 02:26 PM   #6
Brewtal ED

cheers for the info boys, ill call them up today for a quote

2002 AU XR6
Manual, current project

2004 BF Fairmont
Stock - family car
Old 09-07-2007, 04:49 PM   #7
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

You'll be worrying about your T5 before your engine ;)

However you should be fine if you:

A) get a "standard" setup, ie not swapping pulleys around & whatnot to up the psi, etc
B) drive it like you're about to lose your Jetta to Jimmy Chan
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2007, 05:04 PM   #8
Sick EB
ORSM Ford Cruisers

Quote:
cheers for the info boys, ill call them up today for a quote
when you get the quote can you share with everyone. i would really like to know the price. i may be looking at doing the same in the next couple of years :

1993 EB2 Gli---->Build Thread
2008 FG XR8 SEDAN 300RWKW N/A

2008 FG XR6 TURBO-UTE>>> SOLD
2002 AU3 XLS UTE>>>SOLD
Sick EB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2007, 06:22 PM   #9
Brewtal ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick EB
when you get the quote can you share with everyone. i would really like to know the price. i may be looking at doing the same in the next couple of years :
the quote i got was the same as listed on their website (i was hoping for cheaper haha) which is;
$5350 for powerdyne supercharger and components
$6000 for powerdyne supercharger, components and water injection (which lets you goto 9 psi over the 7psi for standard setup)

There was also a vortech supercharger kit, but that was for modded cars (mines basically stock except for exhaust) and was about another $2000-$2500.

They sound like pretty mint kits, and i particularly like them as they seem to have EVERYTHING you need to setup your car for s/c. included chip. so much better than all the other hidden costs for extra gear you get with other kits from other companys (although i assume there will still be a small group of extra expences haha)

Now im just raising funds to get the stage one kit, which i should be able to buy pretty damn soon (tax check will help fix the hole this kit will cost haha)

2002 AU XR6
Manual, current project

2004 BF Fairmont
Stock - family car
Old 09-07-2007, 10:29 PM   #10
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Are they using the Eseries Eliminator chip now or the old chip still?

2012 KK Jeep Cherokee Limited CRD - Still going strong
2019 MG ZS Essence
1988 RD Mitsubishi Colt GL - 59kW of Fury
2022 Kia Stinger GT
fairmont1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2007, 01:41 AM   #11
pHaT`eL
Banned

Pretty sure they said on the StreetFords DVD its the eliminator chip.
pHaT`eL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2007, 02:18 AM   #12
badefghia
Banned

I rang cappa and was interested in a charger kit for my ef v8 and the 300killowat at the motor kit is around the 7grand mark and buy the time you by an intercooler ,fitting and tuning it cumbs to about 11grand for cappa to do it..They also recommend that you use a vortech charger as the powerdyne one is only good for 8-9psi it add about a grand extra to the price but it all adds up to about 11grand..The 300 killowat kit is the most you can get out of a stock 5 liter...My v8 has had a baby cam manifold ported and heads ported with heavy duty valve springs considering if i change my manifold and cam and retune my car i can get about 180 at the tyres just by a cam and maniflod change the charger kit seems expensive....On a stock 5 liter you will get about 190-200 at the rears and on a motor like mione with a bit of work you will get about 240 at the rears its expensive...
badefghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2007, 03:02 AM   #13
sexr6tasy
Banned

yeh forced induction is mostly always expensive if its done right spend 11 gs on a twin turbos setup for your 8 man that would be interesting.
sexr6tasy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2007, 10:32 AM   #14
EdFairmontGhia
ED_Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
B) drive it like you're about to lose your Jetta to Jimmy Chan
Not unless you drive off at the end of the race and have big VINCE to stop Jimmy going after you,

:
EdFairmontGhia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2007, 10:51 AM   #15
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFairmontGhia
Not unless you drive off at the end of the race and have big VINCE to stop Jimmy going after you,

:
Whatever, go fetch my car.
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2007, 11:11 AM   #16
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

erm, I just realised my typo! What I meant was:

B) DON'T blah blah blah
Old 10-07-2007, 05:46 PM   #17
Brewtal ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by badefghia
I rang cappa and was interested in a charger kit for my ef v8 and the 300killowat at the motor kit is around the 7grand mark and buy the time you by an intercooler ,fitting and tuning it cumbs to about 11grand for cappa to do it..They also recommend that you use a vortech charger as the powerdyne one is only good for 8-9psi it add about a grand extra to the price but it all adds up to about 11grand..The 300 killowat kit is the most you can get out of a stock 5 liter...My v8 has had a baby cam manifold ported and heads ported with heavy duty valve springs considering if i change my manifold and cam and retune my car i can get about 180 at the tyres just by a cam and maniflod change the charger kit seems expensive....On a stock 5 liter you will get about 190-200 at the rears and on a motor like mione with a bit of work you will get about 240 at the rears its expensive...
yeah, me and my mate were just talking about the power-cost ratio. i originally thought it was pretty cheap the kit, but it only puts out 200kw at the flywheel, and my mate reckons (who im starting to agree with more and more) that a AU conversion, nice big cam and tune will give me about the same result (or near enough) for a fraction of the cost?

2002 AU XR6
Manual, current project

2004 BF Fairmont
Stock - family car
Old 10-07-2007, 06:15 PM   #18
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

Quote:
yeah, me and my mate were just talking about the power-cost ratio. i originally thought it was pretty cheap the kit, but it only puts out 200kw at the flywheel, and my mate reckons (who im starting to agree with more and more) that a AU conversion, nice big cam and tune will give me about the same result (or near enough) for a fraction of the cost?
Your probably correct, BUT if you get the blower kit, there is alot more headroom for future power gains that a naturally aspirated motor couldn't hope to acheive. Their is only so much you can do to an NA 6 until you hit a wall, whilst with a blower you have the potential to go a fair bit further in the future if you choose to (plus the bragging rights of having a blower under the hood )

"When Chuck Norris jumps into water, he does not get wet, the water gets Chuck Norris..."
Rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2007, 06:50 PM   #19
Obriza
Banned

Quote:
I have the powerdyne kit in mine, with a few extras added to it, it ended up costing almost 10 grand... but it did end up with 190rwkw which adds up to around 250kw at the flywheel. Like Rmyers said an NA 6 has a pretty low power wall and to get there it ends up costing more than a blower in the long run. If you want a cheaper way to get more power go turbo it seems to be the cheapest way. Shop around theres plenty of second hand turbos.
Obriza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2007, 07:05 PM   #20
MADED-6
MADED.6

yeah id go turbo over supercharge in my oppinion.
u could get 200rwkw pretty easily and it would cost around the $8,000 mark if u get a snort kit and a wolf engine management and injectors and eveyrthing else.
but thats on low boost if u boosted it up there is alot more there.
in a n/a setup with a big cam and everything ud max out at like 180rwkw and then if u did some amazing things u may hit 200rwkw.
just my opinion ive gone the n/a way but i wish i hadnt.
cheers josh.
MADED-6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2007, 07:20 PM   #21
Brewtal ED

See if i had 10 grand, or even 8 grand, i would go for the turbo option, but i dont, i only got around 5 grand to spend (which is why i wanted to supercharge, coz i thought it would give me big gains with a cheap price, even tho i know that combo is basically impossible). And although i would love a car that would blow off most cars on the road, i just dont have the money. I want about 200kw at flywheel (should be able to beat most commodore 6s and stock 8s with that?) and supercharger seemed the easiest option to get to that? but now n/a seems a pretty decent option too.

Why are fast cars so expensive haha

2002 AU XR6
Manual, current project

2004 BF Fairmont
Stock - family car
Old 10-07-2007, 07:49 PM   #22
doofus

easy, go jap :\ spend 8 grand on a jap car instead of just a turbo lol :S
But its upto you. Its kinda unique to have a ford falcon with a turbo under the hood!
But the costs are crazy :|
doofus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2007, 08:02 PM   #23
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

doofus, there have been a few budget turbo builds undertaken here, and in the AU section. Check 'em out ;)