Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 23-06-2007, 02:26 PM   #1
Greg G
Starter Motor

Default Removal of AU Falcon Diff

I own a AU Series 2 Falcon Forte Sedan, I am intending to remove and replace the pinion bearing. Can anyone tell me whether or not I will need a Differential Housing Expansion Tool in order to remove the diff assembly from the housing.I have had some conflicting information on whether this is a necessary tool or not.If the tool isn't a absolute necessity can someone tell me of a alternate method of removal.Is there a web site with information on its removal.I have the assistance of a relative who is a qualified and experienced mechanic.He has not actually performed this procedure but is more than confident on doing so. Any help would be greately appreciated.

Greg G is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2007, 03:50 PM   #2
stiddy
Banned

take off the back plate of the housing.
undo the shafts and pull them out from the center
undo the end/baring caps
use a pinch bar 'carefully' to lever out the centre. May even need a rubber mallet or something to give it a little tap get it moving.
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post