Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-06-2007, 11:40 AM   #1
davidpr
"Life aint that hard"

Thumbs up Thanks Ford for building them safe.

I will try not to rant or to preach, but here is what I need to say.

Last night my son was driving his mums car (KF Laser Ghia) and swerved to miss some idiot in a commadore who pulled out in front of him doing 20 klm ( probably top speed for a commadore). He swerved off the road clipped a large gum tree, missed a concrete lightpole, rolled 3 times, bounced the roof of the car on a concrete pole about 4 - 5 feet tall and landed the car in a service road on its tyres.The car is a complete write off, almost every window is smashed and every panel is cactus as well.
My son has walked away from this accident with a sore wrist from holding on to the steering wheel while it rolled.No other injuries cuts or bruises what so ever. He was wearing his seat belt and had not been drinking but road conditions were poor at the time. The Fireys, Ambo's and Police all said that if he wasn't wearing a seat belt the outcome would not have been very good at all.
After seeing the car everyone suggest a tatts ticket as he soooooo lucky.
I will try and put a few pix up so you can see what I mean but the purpose of this thread is to firstly say:
Thanks Ford for building a car that saved my sons life.
and secondly
Seat belts do save lives....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg laser 2.JPG (42.7 KB, 211 views)
File Type: jpg laser 1.JPG (60.2 KB, 233 views)
File Type: jpg LASER 3.JPG (54.3 KB, 191 views)