Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 04-06-2007, 03:11 PM   #1
ed ant

Default changing computers

can i change my standard computer to a xr6 computer and will the motor perform better

Old 04-06-2007, 04:25 PM   #2
XR6TickfordBoy
Now XR8TickfordBoy

Dont think it will make too much difference, only any rev/speed limiter differences yet a XR6 ECU wont change your cam and any engine mods. If you got it free maybe, wouldnt pay for it! Someone else will be able to give you the exact benefits/negatives of such a change.
EF XR8- Respray in Monza Red with Clear Coat, Custom Rear Bar, AU V8, EL GT MAF, Rebuilt and Strengthened Auto with Stage 2 Shift Kit, 2,500RPM Stallie and tranny cooler, Rebuilt Diff with 4.11 Gears, Custom Radiator, King Ultra Lows, Pedders Shocks, NL Concorde Rims.
XR6TickfordBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2007, 04:28 PM   #3
sexr6tasy
Banned

Far as im aware the xr6 computer has better shift points and afr ratios but like has been said without the 3.45lsd or xr6 cam which i just happen to have for sale;) i doubt the diffrence would be that great.
sexr6tasy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post