Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 13-09-2006, 03:42 PM   #1
paddle

Default Secondary air intake on AU

Hey guys,
I have just recently done the secondary air intake mod on my 98 AU,also have the tickford intake and supercheap pod filter in the airbox.
The problem that I am having is that sometimes,not all the time,between 4thou and 5 the car just seems to break up and won't rev past 4 thou,just splutters and spurts,almost sounds like it is starving for fuel? but then other times she kicks in right on 4 and then I just hang on for the ride! ,love the induction noise at hi revs! I have disconnected the battery to reset everything but it aint done much to help.
I have noticed that the choke seems to be stuck on at times and I am pumping black out of the exhaust,I was watching the D.T.E reading go from 87k to 53k in a matter of a few minutes,can anyone help,getting bloody expensive!,I am running 80ml pvc pipe into the airbox behind the headlight,would it help to run a pipe/hose from the secondary intake pipe to under the front grille?
thanks heaps for your help,this forum is awesome for nuff nuffs like me!

paddle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2006, 03:46 PM   #2
EA2BA
PM me if you want

maybe your dual runner switch is not working properly, if the runners don't switch at 3,800rpm you hit a pretend brick wall.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2006, 03:55 PM   #3
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

your leads may be breaking down if its only occuring under heavy throttle applications

good luck mate and enjoy the noise!!
Old 13-09-2006, 06:26 PM   #4
GTWHOA
Just cruisin

Try putting your panel filter back in, pod in box is crap.
Old 13-09-2006, 07:09 PM   #5
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackers10
your leads may be breaking down if its only occuring under heavy throttle applications

good luck mate and enjoy the noise!!
This sounds the most likely culprit to me.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post