Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 07-09-2006, 07:44 AM   #1
james22
With da Warlords

Default New R6 RPD Cam

Hi all. Just wanted to know your thoughts on this cam? Considering getting one.

Check it out
www.jaysrpd.com.au/

Heard good things about them, has anyone on the FF here tryed one?

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

XR50T Ute - 300rwkw (give or take depending on the day)
james22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2006, 07:56 AM   #2
loxxr6
XB in parts...

The fordmods guys/E series section guys are more likely to have an answer for you. I can't name any AU falcons off the top of my head that have a RPD cam.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2006, 08:42 AM   #3
james22
With da Warlords

Its a toss up between the dev4 & rpd r6. Leaning towards the r6

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

Old 07-09-2006, 10:47 AM   #4
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Lots of fans of RPD on fordmods.

I still haven't seen much real information on the performance of them though.

lots of big talk about how fast and how many people you can beat with one but no before and after dyno hard to dispute facts. Some good qtr times have been achieved but its hard to know what this means without knowig all the set up of the car
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2006, 11:04 AM   #5
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Guys like Tickford_6 & data_mine (AU Head), are running those cams, and have dyno results. But nothing to really show the gain off it.

Regardless, they are very cheap, and are sure to put out some decent power/torque.

You can actually buy the Rocker Gear Set off them, which turns your AU Head into an E-Series Rocker Set, meaning you can run an E-Series Cam. They can make AU Cams, but they haven't done that much on them.
Old 07-09-2006, 02:18 PM   #6
Futura01
horsepower

well i will be with the guys from rpd next tuesday as they are doing some work on my car and i will ask about there au cams and post up as much information as possible for you guys...
Futura01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2006, 03:37 PM   #7
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG
Guys like Tickford_6 & data_mine (AU Head), are running those cams, and have dyno results. But nothing to really show the gain off it.

Regardless, they are very cheap, and are sure to put out some decent power/torque.

You can actually buy the Rocker Gear Set off them, which turns your AU Head into an E-Series Rocker Set, meaning you can run an E-Series Cam. They can make AU Cams, but they haven't done that much on them.
Datamine made 85rwkw (or thereabouts) at the last dyno day with it ... not that powerful.
A 3.3L XD Falcon nearly matched it.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2006, 03:46 PM   #8
loxxr6
XB in parts...

That does sound pretty poor.

Quote:
well i will be with the guys from rpd next tuesday as they are doing some work on my car and i will ask about there au cams and post up as much information as possible for you guys...
If you can get info on the times people have run with these cams that would help.

Old 07-09-2006, 03:51 PM   #9
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Although I think datamine had other issues with his vehicle.

What is needed is a track day to compare figures ... and a dyno day to compare against all as well.

There was a listing from the dyno day somewhere at Crescent Motors from July (which was the first I heard of the RPD gear). Will try and dig it up.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:00 PM   #10
Futura01
horsepower

Quote:
Originally Posted by loxxr6
That does sound pretty poor.

If you can get info on the times people have run with these cams that would help.
Yeah , well while i am there i will be trying to gather as much information i can on performance cams that will work in the au head with dyno or track numbers!!
They seem to be doing a fair bit of work on au motors lately so would be good to get a first hand view of whats being done.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:08 PM   #11
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Here's some figures of the RPD equipped cars from the dyno day I mentioned:

Name, Power (KW), Torque (NM), Model

Data_Mine 143 330 EL
Kezza 137 347 ED Fairmont
Justfordima 135 289 EB
Elwood Blues 129 311 EF
GET EFD 115 264 EF
MitchG911 113 319 EL XR6

I am waiting for a mate to get his EL Fairmont sorted though (although his engine is going into a DF LTD soon though ... built at Crescent and was putting out a low-ish 147rwkw (small cam and fuelling issue) ... and made a healthy 505Nm of torque from an N/A 4L. The engine has been modified extensively though.

Dyno was a MDX
Old 07-09-2006, 05:22 PM   #12
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

143rwkw, for Data_mine's EL 6, is pretty good. Pacemaker Extractors, RDP R3 Cam, Cat-back exhaust.

His car is also an Auto.

Shame not many have 1/4 mile times.
Old 07-09-2006, 05:24 PM   #13
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Thing is so far most of the RPD (or all) are E-series vehicles ... no AUs that I ahve seen yet.

Need to get them to WSID for time comparisons.

I am looking at an upgraded cam soon ... but going for a fat torque curve at low revs ... not kW (no use revving an EGAS motor ... the mixer ring restricts the thing)
Old 07-09-2006, 05:36 PM   #14
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

data_mine has an AU Engine pretty much. It's a hybrid.
Old 07-09-2006, 07:50 PM   #15
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Data mine has very low compression on that run because I do believe he may be going forced induction. I am a big fan of Joe at Crescent motorsport in Liverpool and it will be interesting to see to see what ef jase does down the 1/4 mile at wsid with his crescent motorsport package.Go Joe!!! Yobboford has run a 14.99 in his e series wagon done by Joe.

Jason from RPD is a very helpful bloke and yes he has offered advice to me which I really appreciated. However I am aware that they are only doing work on e series cars so far.
While there is alot of talk of being quick ,fast with their products I have yet to see someone actually post a quick time frm RPD ranks. Still I do believe that it is not so far because they are quite dedicated to their efforts.
If I could go back in time.I would have gotten a dev 5 kit not dev 4.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2006, 07:54 AM   #16
james22
With da Warlords

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
If I could go back in time.I would have gotten a dev 5 kit not dev 4.
Do you actually mean kit or just the cam?

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

Old 08-09-2006, 07:58 AM   #17
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

The cam or kit would be good as you can always do headwork later or get the head later if you want.So far though I have yet to see a real example increase from headwork.

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Old 08-09-2006, 02:50 PM   #18
Futura01
horsepower

thats because doing a accurate port and polish,big valves,etc etc. job on a head will cost an arm and a leg for maybe 10rwkw gain ...well lets put it this way i once asked the same question and the response i got was cubic inches for cubic dollars ???
Old 11-09-2006, 07:17 PM   #19
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
Data mine has very low compression on that run because I do believe he may be going forced induction. I am a big fan of Joe at Crescent motorsport in Liverpool and it will be interesting to see to see what ef jase does down the 1/4 mile at wsid with his crescent motorsport package.Go Joe!!! Yobboford has run a 14.99 in his e series wagon done by Joe.
Rob's wagon also had close to 300,000km on it as well ... and a baby seat in the back too

Was impressed at the times he was running too for the old EB (I think it was) .... I think it has been detuned now and is an LPG family hack now.

I am definitely waiting to what Jase runs ... when he gets out to the damn track that is. Although ... I think the entire engine/transmission is going into a DF LTD though (hmmm .... I6 5-speed LTD).
Old 11-09-2006, 07:35 PM   #20
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Here's some figures of the RPD equipped cars from the dyno day I mentioned:

Name, Power (KW), Torque (NM), Model

Data_Mine 143 330 EL
Kezza 137 347 ED Fairmont
Justfordima 135 289 EB
Elwood Blues 129 311 EF
GET EFD 115 264 EF
MitchG911 113 319 EL XR6

Dyno was a MDX
I was there at that dyno day, and I ran 126kw in mine, but I don't think that the dyno was right. Alot of EF/L's with Dev 5 cams + more running 150rwkw... sounds too low for me.... (not saying that my figure should be higher, but the others should have been)...

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2006, 07:50 PM   #21
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3 chaser
I was there at that dyno day, and I ran 126kw in mine, but I don't think that the dyno was right. Alot of EF/L's with Dev 5 cams + more running 150rwkw... sounds too low for me.... (not saying that my figure should be higher, but the others should have been)...
Ah bugger ..I was there in the morning with Nick and don't remember seeing you there? All dyno days are just for fun anyway. For a comparison a dyno day at autotech gave me a figure which I knew I would get before I got there,131 rwkws from a dev 4 cam only setup. A dev 5 equipped vehicle also pulled 131 rwkws . The funny thing is that the mechanics there were smiling as I was cracking jokes about my own figure.Then when I told them I ran a 14.7 1/4 the look was like .."unbelieveable can it be true?" .

I have heard many times that power needs focus to direct it properly and cause maximum effect. The truth holds true abpout cars as well.If the cars power is not directed properly the car will never go quick.

Old 11-09-2006, 09:02 PM   #22
JoesAu

the Rpec1 was put into a ef xr6 manual, it ran a 14.8, and pulled 146rwkw. just seen it posted on the other forum.
JoesAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2006, 10:48 PM   #23
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3 chaser
Yeah the MDX dyno's seem to give different outputs to dyno dynamics ones.