Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-08-2006, 09:47 PM   #31
turboute
turboute

Hsv have done well making the sides look more like a camry (that was my first thought when I saw the pics), still dont mind the look of them though.
turboute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2006, 09:50 PM   #32
stevz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoR_
Well if you want to kill your children fast in a car Accident buy a VE Commodore. If you dont. Buy an XY Falcon
I nearly fell off my chair from laughter after reading this. If you really believe what you are saying then you are a sad, sad person. What else can I say?
stevz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2006, 09:54 PM   #33
AnthonyQLD
Boss power

I think the stripes on the white SS would look better if they were black. The price is good though at $302.
Old 23-08-2006, 10:02 PM   #34
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrsick
Yep a good call was a Astra on steroids and by the way my mate works at holden and the first recall is in for the Ve apparantly they have seat belt issues!
I heard that today. Supposedly they put the seat belt pretensioners in back to front. It's a big job getting all the trim off to get to the pretensioners, but the actual swapping them around after that is fairly quick.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2006, 10:11 PM   #35
Fair302
Life is a Ride!

Hahahaha, No wonder it is getting lowered. it is like a friggin Jeep. The other day after I had my Pursuit lowered and was giving it a hose down, i noticed a blue VE SS driving past. So I figured that they must be on show at the H***** dealer around the corner, and had a look. There were a lot of people around and it looked like they had just come in. I parked mine behind the SS and jumped out. Had a good look. Sorry but in my opinion they are the most hidious looking car on the market. Typical H***** Front doesn't mathch the side, the side doesn't match the back etc. The side looks like shyte the front looks OK at an angle but cr*p straight on and the back OK straight on but again cr*p from an angle. The interior was all black and I mean all black and looked very cheap. The Omega had a nicer interior. The ride height was a joke, could put a coke can between the tyre and the guard and that was on the SS. The Omega was even worse. Then a rep came up to me and asked what I thought. I told him straight up, put some dessert duelers on them and with those guards you have the latest H****** offroad vehicle. With that i walked to my lowered and nicely balanced looking FORD.

Not a big H****** fan and proud to be biased.

: 2011 Honda CB400 - Pearl White; Megacycle slip-on, Some Carbon Fibre & More... 2010 Yamaha Virago 250 - Burgandy
Fair302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2006, 10:16 PM   #36
Jock260
Cast Iron fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoon Hoon
Can you please correct all the spelling/grammar mistakes in this so I can work out what you're saying?
sorry, all im saying is we are selling our BA XR8 for a VE SS-V
Old 23-08-2006, 11:18 PM   #37
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
if you want to kill your children fast in a car Accident buy a VE Commodore. If you dont. Buy an XY Falcon
This has to be one of the stupidest things i have ever read on here. A Ve is less safe then a 1960s designed car?

Lets see:
Airbags
inertia reel seat belts (with pre-tensioners)
crumple zones
safety cell bodies
dash padding
dash buttons designed not to become daggers on impact
collapsable steering column
Interior materials designed not to burst into flames or give off poisonous fumes in a fire
strong roof
laminated safety glass
descent steering/brakes etc to avoid accident
ABS- ESC
bright headlights
intrusion bars in doors
seats designed to protect not maim you
fuel tanks designed not to rupure and ignite easily

.. I LOVE 60s classics, but lets not pretend they were safe!
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 12:07 AM   #38
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't think the Commodore is all that unique, as I've said before.
It think it's just a refined VY really..externally anyway.

With a new Holden body comes the excitement where everybody's nappies leak due to people's inability to control their bladders. Excitement does that.

But ffs, who gives a **** if you saw a VE on a truck? They're in car yards now! Should I go driving around to every caryard and make a statement, "OMG! I saw a VE in a caryard! Aren't I unique?"

When the BFII comes out, I hope people don't do the same for 500 separate posts.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 12:11 AM   #39
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
But ffs, who gives a **** if you saw a VE on a truck? They're in car yards now! Should I go driving around to every caryard and make a statement, "OMG! I saw a VE in a caryard! Aren't I unique?"
I should start some new threads, "EA Spotted today....OMG..." followed by "XF Spotted today....OMG..." and maybe "AU Spotted today....OMG..."

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 01:03 AM   #40
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair302
Hahahaha, No wonder it is getting lowered. it is like a friggin Jeep. The other day after I had my Pursuit lowered and was giving it a hose down, i noticed a blue VE SS driving past. So I figured that they must be on show at the H***** dealer around the corner, and had a look. There were a lot of people around and it looked like they had just come in. I parked mine behind the SS and jumped out. Had a good look. Sorry but in my opinion they are the most hidious looking car on the market. Typical H***** Front doesn't mathch the side, the side doesn't match the back etc. The side looks like shyte the front looks OK at an angle but cr*p straight on and the back OK straight on but again cr*p from an angle. The interior was all black and I mean all black and looked very cheap. The Omega had a nicer interior. The ride height was a joke, could put a coke can between the tyre and the guard and that was on the SS. The Omega was even worse. Then a rep came up to me and asked what I thought. I told him straight up, put some dessert duelers on them and with those guards you have the latest H****** offroad vehicle. With that i walked to my lowered and nicely balanced looking FORD.

Not a big H****** fan and proud to be biased.
So your saying read what i say i took the time to post it, But take not much notice as I'm biased and one eyed?.
Old 24-08-2006, 01:10 AM   #41
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok. I do agree with that. Basic punctuation is greatly appreciated. Full stops and commas should be used if nothing else.

if you dont use punction then it is very hard to read exactly what you mean full stops state the end of a statement this allows a new idea to begin based on what i am typing here it is a pain in the bottom to read without full stops or at least a comma i am sorry for being so mean about this but it is hard to read things that don't have minimal punctuation i will see you all later bye
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 02:41 AM   #42
Danny
GT4.

Anyone else reckon that the VE release was the biggest Motoring anticlimax Since The release of the Edsel Ford?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 08:24 AM   #43
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The stripe package looks familiar ..

The SS has gone back to it's roots .. the HQ
OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 08:36 AM   #44
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMac
Last time I checked this was the general section. "For General Automotive Related Talk". Given the current hot topic is the VE what else should people be discussing.

And if you don't like it, don't click on the thread. Its actually really easy to skip over the ones you don't like/care about/have time to read.
I think you missed the point of his post - why the need for a new thread, surely posting this picture could have been done in one of the other VE threads? Thats the way I read it anyway. :
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 08:37 AM   #45
Abacus
Life's a Gas

I like the VE stripe package. Using the HQ GTS pattern is a good move - it builds up an illusion of heritage. FWIW I think they suit the VE quite well.

The GTS stripes suit the commodore much the same way as Cobra stripes suit Falcons.
Abacus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 08:39 AM   #46
Abacus
Life's a Gas

And is it just me, or do Cobra stripes always look more at home on Falcons than GT stripes?
Old 24-08-2006, 08:44 AM   #47
Abacus
Life's a Gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
I don't think the Commodore is all that unique, as I've said before.
It think it's just a refined VY really..externally anyway.
For Holden it is unique. Structurally, it's a huge step forward over VT-VZ. Start out with a firewall that's actually welded, not glued, and take it from their. Holden may find this Commodore is actually regarded as being of reasonable quality. Again, unique.
Old 24-08-2006, 10:33 AM   #48
Fair302
Life is a Ride!

I just mentioned that i am aware that I am biased because I know that I have an extreme view. It is however only my opinion but wanted to share it and know and respect that others might have different once.

Sorry about any spelling or gramma errors, I was not aware that this was some language assesment....

: 2011 Honda CB400 - Pearl White; Megacycle slip-on, Some Carbon Fibre & More... 2010 Yamaha Virago 250 - Burgandy
Fair302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 10:37 AM   #49
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Has anyone sat in an SS? what's the rear view visibility like with the "bum up" stance and rear wing??
Yeah I drove a SS-V. Not great visibility when it comes to parking. Spoiler isnt as bad as I thought it would be though. Basically it's like my GT, you can't see much at all out the back.

Dan
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 11:14 AM   #50
BAFalconXT
Sold...

I only converted to Ford a couple years when I was choosing between a BA Falcon or a VY commodore... The more I see these new Commodores, the happier I am... Hopefully Ford doesnt get that ugly stick out their design department for the next Falcon and win even more Holden fans over...
Old 24-08-2006, 11:32 AM   #51
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielXR8
Yeah I drove a SS-V. Not great visibility when it comes to parking. Spoiler isnt as bad as I thought it would be though. Basically it's like my GT, you can't see much at all out the back.

Dan
Thats because you got a 4 foot wing on the boot.
New modern cars are not as easy as the 80-90's cars to view out of.
Old 24-08-2006, 01:14 PM   #52
Abacus
Life's a Gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickHolden
Thats because you got a 4 foot wing on the boot.
New modern cars are not as easy as the 80-90's cars to view out of.
When you see the car in the metal the wing doesn't look bad. Kind of in proportion to the rest of the car.
Old 24-08-2006, 02:30 PM   #53
drcook
I Bleed Orange!

Quote:
Well if you want to kill your children fast in a car Accident buy a VE Commodore. If you dont. Buy an XY Falcon
your either saying:

a. - a xy falcon is a safer car than a ve commodore or
b. - all xy falcons are slow.

think, before you write....
Old 24-08-2006, 02:40 PM   #54
Dazza TT
Back in a Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcook
think, before you write....
Looking at his previous posts, he doesn't seem to think too much at all really. :togo:
Old 24-08-2006, 02:58 PM   #55
Andy XR8
AU3 Winged Windsor

i believe that ThoR_ is being sarcastic what he is trying to say is that the xy i don't believe came with rear seat belts and now the ve has been recalled for seatbelt issues so maybe you guys should think before you write.
Andy XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 03:36 PM   #56
Dazza TT
Back in a Ford

Bit hard to pick up on Sarcasm when it's just typed text on a screen isn't it...
Recall you say... Nothing mentioned on the Recall Australia Website.
The most recent Holden related Recall was for the Holden UBS Jackeroo and Monterey on 27/06/06
Who needs to think again???
Old 24-08-2006, 03:45 PM   #57
Cokeford
Starter Motor

the colour is all wrong... needs to be black to look good.
Cokeford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post