Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-08-2006, 01:26 PM   #1
xalent
Red Eye Racing

Default Car trailer friendly accomodation in Bendigo

Does anyone know of a motel in Bendigo that has parking suitable for a F250 with a car trailer? I'm planning on going to heathcote this weekend but need to find somewhere suitable to stay Saturday night so the coops not left out on the street....

xalent is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2006, 01:35 PM   #2
Quicklier
Perfecting the 1-2 change

I'd think most of the ones out of the city centre would be more than accomod@ting (the word, (if spelt correctly) was blocked with *'s).
What about the one's being used on the AFF RAID? I'm sure they'd be happy to receive a call from you, they may even provide the same rates!
Old 23-08-2006, 01:51 PM   #3
xalent
Red Eye Racing

The ones being used on the AFF raid are all on the Melbourne side. Forgot to mention I'm coming from South Oz.... :
Old 23-08-2006, 02:50 PM   #4
Quicklier

Quote:
Originally Posted by xalent
The ones being used on the AFF raid are all on the Melbourne side. Forgot to mention I'm coming from South Oz.... :
Right... So which side did you want to be on? East or West?
Old 23-08-2006, 03:08 PM   #5
xalent
Red Eye Racing

In Bendigo
Old 23-08-2006, 03:30 PM   #6
Quicklier

Quote:
In Bendigo
Which side of Bendigo?
From your comments you weren't happy with staying on the "Melbourne side of Bendigo", so that makes me think you want to either be closer to Heathcote, or on the other side closer to home. Which is it?
Old 23-08-2006, 03:36 PM   #7
xalent
Red Eye Racing

Excuse my ignorance dude. I thought the motels in the AFF raid thread ( Thornbury,Fawkner etc) were in Melbourne - is this correct? or have I got things messed up? Anyway, anywhere in Bendigo would be fine, we will be coming in from St Arnaud. Thanks for your patience _
Old 23-08-2006, 04:20 PM   #8
Quicklier

Quote:
Excuse my ignorance dude. I thought the motels in the AFF raid thread ( Thornbury,Fawkner etc) were in Melbourne - is this correct? or have I got things messed up? Anyway, anywhere in Bendigo would be fine, we will be coming in from St Arnaud. Thanks for your patience _
Woops! I was going from "past Heathcote meets". You're dead right about the motels for the RAID. My sincere apologies.

Well, you're going to need a place that's easy to get to and has plenty of parking (or atleast has some space out the back). My suggestions would be to stick to a caravan park that has onsite units.
That way you'll be able to park the trailer (and F-truck) in a way that access to the trailer is difficult. And the units at these places have come a very long way in standards!

Check out a listing Here.

Sorry about the misunderstading re: location.
Old 23-08-2006, 05:03 PM   #9
xalent
Red Eye Racing

No worries mate. I wasn't quite sure who was right or who was wrong either! Have been thinkin about a cabin in a van park, will probly go that way. I'll trawl through your list and see what I find.
Thanks
Old 23-08-2006, 08:16 PM   #10
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Let us know how you go, been trying to research the same thing for the coming heathcote drag day
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2006, 11:59 PM   #11
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

I think the caravan park would be the way to go, at least they are designed for big trailers. Not many motels anywhere would have room for an F250 + car trailer.

A suggestion would be to ring some of the motels, and if they can't accommodate the trailer, ask them if they are aware of any that can. If you get someone on the phone who has been in the industry a while they will be familiar with most of the other motels.
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 12:21 AM   #12
agony
BLOWN 383 CHEV OWNER

Theres one north side of Bendigo near the lake thats got fairly big rear carpark.
agony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post