Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-08-2006, 12:18 PM   #1
Mr Mooch
Mr Mooch

Angry Someone stole my Subie (Brisbane)

Hi Guys
To cut a long story short, I loaned my Brother in Law our little Subaru 4WD wagon and it got stolen yesterday.
It is light blue with a black bull bar on the front rego number 825 ENI.
It is not worth much but we love our little Ennie.
He was traveling along the Logan Motorway (Brisbane) and noticed a noise coming from the wheel bearing. He stopped, pulled the hub off and called his wife to take hime to pick up parts. They were gone for about two hours and when they got back it was gone.
It could only be picked up by a tow truck as the front left hub was with him. I was wondering if anyone had heard of this happening before. We have contacted every one to do with the motorway and nobody arranged a tow. So obviously some towie has decided to take it. Sadly the cops don't seem very interested either.
The worst bit is that my brother in law's work car is off the road and he was depending on it to get to his job sites.
Any info would be appreciated.
Terry and Sam.

Old 18-08-2006, 12:22 PM   #2
Belle_Hemmi
Fords & Hemi's

Thats ****ed mate. I will be sure to keep a look out as i travel up and down the highway quiet alot
Belle_Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2006, 12:23 PM   #3
Mr Mooch
Mr Mooch

Default Thanks

Thanks for that any help would be great.

Terry
Old 18-08-2006, 12:30 PM   #4
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

Phoned QLD Transport? I believe they commission towies to pick up cars from the side of the motorway... Might be worth a try.

I'd also phone a wrecker and get them to put the plates over the Hotline they have up here...

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2006, 01:57 PM   #5
Mr Mooch
Mr Mooch

Default Tried everyone

Thanks Green Machine we have tried them all. The motorway has a tow service and they were not requested to pick it up. We have called all the councils (Bris, logan, GC) none of them have it.
We will try you idea with the wreckers. Trouble is I am starting to think that if a Towie has knocked it off he will certainly have a wrecker in on the deal also. Oh well all i can do is try.

Terry
Old 18-08-2006, 02:35 PM   #6
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ohh man this is ****ed right up we cant do nething nowadays wot the bloody hell is wrong with every low life ****en scum out there, i swear im ****ed
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 - 255/35/19 - 275/35/19
Shockworks Coilovers
PITLANE AUTOMOTIVE & PERFORMANCE
Grechie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2006, 03:00 PM   #7
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wow Mr Mooch that is shocking.. sorry to hear it...

I will let everyone I know in that area.. but I will also let a few know in the towing industry that I know.. If they hear about it at least they will be aware..

Hope you get it back ok (there have been other cars stolen by tow trucks mind you - but that was mainly on the Gold Coast)...
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2006, 07:37 PM   #8
Mr Mooch
Mr Mooch

Default update

We spent the day yesterday checking everywhere.
It has dissapeared.
The insurance company have been informed and can you believe it they take off a $400 excess. I should get bugger all back by the time everyone takes their share.
Hopefully I will find it before they pay it out.

Mooch
Old 20-08-2006, 07:41 PM   #9
LUXO_8
windsor user

thats bizare hope ya get it back
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2006, 07:48 PM   #10
Disco1986

well i didnt take it, so u can cross me of your list of 22 million
Disco1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2006, 09:48 PM   #11
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know a guy who gets about $100 a car. All he has to do is drain the sump, remove the battery, and take it down to the crusher. Sorry to be the bringer of bad news but that's probably what happened. i.e. cruising past, saw a spare $100 on the side of the road, threw it on the car carrier, and down to the crusher.

That's sucks big time. Hopefully I'm dead wrong.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2006, 10:17 PM   #12
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourBarrel
I know a guy who gets about $100 a car. All he has to do is drain the sump, remove the battery, and take it down to the crusher. Sorry to be the bringer of bad news but that's probably what happened. i.e. cruising past, saw a spare $100 on the side of the road, threw it on the car carrier, and down to the crusher.

That's sucks big time. Hopefully I'm dead wrong.
Is it reall that easy? I would of thought they would be obligated to check VIN/Engine numbers to see if it's been reported stolen. I'd cry if someone did that to my Suby :(
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2006, 10:32 PM   #13
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah I would imagine you do need to id the vehicle. But I've heard of this happening before off the books. Maybe its an urban myth, but crushed metal is crushed metal.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2006, 10:36 PM   #14
GT-E

I would contact the motorway company and ask them to pull the video of the time gap your brother was away from the car.
You may find a camera pointing at your car or nearby that can shead some light on whick scum took your subie.
Old 21-08-2006, 12:16 PM   #15
Mr Mooch
Mr Mooch

Default Tried it all

Hi ZapXR6T

The Motorway does not have a camera in the area. Also there is an exit just up the road so they could have done a grab and run.
It is very dissapointing just how little help anyone is. The councils, the Motorway and most of all the Police. They all keep saying I am lucky it was just my old Subie and not my BA XR.
What if it had been my only car? The apathy is so annoying.
I do think the FourBarrel is right. I have the feeling that it was taken to a crusher and it is a big blue cube somewhere.
Thanks to all of those that have helped. I guess now the fun begins with the insurance company.

Mr Mooch