Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-08-2006, 10:19 PM   #1
Dazza XLT
Back in a Ford

Default Steorn Free Constant Energy

G'day Everyone

Stumbled across this while surfing the net. I wonder how it will go... Fuel alternative???

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Observer
Scientists flock to test 'free energy' discovery
http://observer.guardian.co.uk/
David Smith
Sunday August 20, 2006
The Observer

A man who claims to have developed a free energy technology which could power everything from mobile phones to cars has received more than 400 applications from scientists to test it.
Sean McCarthy says that no one was more sceptical than he when Steorn, his small hi-tech firm in Dublin, hit upon a way of generating clean, free and constant energy from the interaction of magnetic fields. 'It wasn't so much a Eureka moment as a get-back-in-there-and-check-your-instruments moment, although in far more colourful language,' said McCarthy. But when he attempted to share his findings, he says, scientists either put the phone down on him or refused to endorse him publicly in case they damaged their academic reputations. So last week he took out a full-page advert in the Economist magazine, challenging the scientific community to examine his technology.

McCarthy claims it provides five times the amount of energy a mobile phone battery generates for the same size, and does not have to be recharged. Within 36 hours of his advert appearing he had been contacted by 420 scientists in Europe, America and Australia, and a further 4,606 people had registered to receive the results
Steorn Energy- "Welcome to the future of Energy Production"
Steorn Energy Home

Will be interesting to see what comes of all this, if anything.
And no, I am not associated with them in anyway! Just thought I would fill everyone in! :
Opinions?
Cheers

Darran

Old 20-08-2006, 10:33 PM   #2
Kryton

its one of those things that if it does actually work as it says, it will never be adopted by any government or company. there is no money in handing out free things to the world.
no need to fuel your car ever again...cant see the oil giants liking that.
free electricity for everyone...cant see the governments or corporations liking that either.
unfortunately it will never be used to help the world.
it may however be used in things like mobile phones and products like that as that would be a big selling point from a sales point of view.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2006, 10:38 PM   #3
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darran
G'day Everyone
Stumbled across this while surfing the net. I wonder how it will go... Fuel alternative???

Will be interesting to see what comes of all this, if anything.
And no, I am not associated with them in anyway! Just thought I would fill everyone in! :
Opinions?
Cheers
Darran
My first thought is that I know for a fact they make a very nice Whiskey in Ireland. But if it's true brilliant!

Try reading some of the comments in their forum. Like this little gem....

"peter 8 minutes ago
I have been using this technology for the last 10 years to power my house, and top power my car for the last 3.
I have decided not to release the details because I have calculated that the widespread use of this technology will destroy the earth by slowing down the rate the earth rotates at."

Like I said, they make a nice drop over there