Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-08-2006, 10:46 PM   #1
Paxton
Cobblers!

Default Please look before you reverse

Two incidents that I witnessed this morning. Scary to think that in incident two, a child could have been injured.

I took a mid morning break to get a Coffee at the Gloria Jeans near me, and when I was there, I witnessed one of the most disturbing things I have seen in 13 years of driving. A Corolla who had firstly illegally parked front into a Rear To Kerb spot, just backed out onto a Barina (Suzuki Chino?) without looking. The Barina/Suzuki had to be doing about 40 KM/h, and the damage to the passenger door was amazing. Spare no Tin Foil!

The Corolla was no better, however it needed a new Rear Bumper, and Boot, as it was pushed to one side as it collected the Barina/Suzuki. I heard it, and then looked up, as I knew that I would be waiting a while to get out of my car, which was parked in the same strip.

Incident two tonight. Pizza for dinner. I was waiting in the car, where it was warm and I was watching an Echo take near infinite attempts to get into a park. Every time the driver wanted to change directions, they threw it into reverse, and moved without looking.

A child happened to get out of a car next to me, and walk behind the Echo. My hand went to the door handle, as I was still staring into the rear view mirror, as the Echo made yet another attempt at parking, the child's father ran behind the car, collected his child, and ran into the Fish and Chip shop next to the pizza Takeaway. The car park wasn't exactly dark.

Please folks, pay a bit more attention before we reverse. I don't have a camera in my Territory, however I still think to look behind me, and not in the Rear Vision mirror, like I did do when I was younger.

Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2006, 10:52 PM   #2
dogbreath_48
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I forgot to look last night as i was pulling into my drive. I'd had a few...

-Stu
dogbreath_48 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2006, 11:14 PM   #3
EF, What else?
A Bloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbreath_48
I forgot to look last night as i was pulling into my drive. I'd had a few...

-Stu
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! What a good picture
Old 18-08-2006, 11:15 PM   #4
Steve
torque is your friend

Excellent advice Paxton.