Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 24-07-2006, 06:17 PM   #1
Jeld-Wen Falcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Rude a**holes

Ill spare you the long story but the old neighbour over the back has a problem with the dog. Instead of coming over to see us about her he yells abuse at my mum, and then at me. We check with other neighbours about her to see if they have a problem with her, they dont.

Anyway I got a visit from the counsil about the dog etc, they just said they had complaints etc. We've done what we were ASKED to do.

I just get so wild when these morons cant come and speak to you in a civilised way instead of speaking down to you asif your scum.

Jeld-Wen Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2006, 06:29 PM   #2
aimzes
...fairly odd

i know what you mean. ive had a few neighbours like that.

well at least you know where to through your dogs s***.
Old 24-07-2006, 06:32 PM   #3
FLYXR6
Silvester

A friend of mine had this problem once so he wrote on a big sign put it on stakes in his back yard (so the dog wouldn't chew it) and faced it towards the offending neighbour. It said " i don't complain about the smell coming from your house so stop complaining about my dog" Was very funny.

As far as i know he hasn't heard a peep out of them.

Though not a real good solution, it was pretty funny.

If this neighbour is giving you a hard time go and pay him a visit and calmly ask him what is it exactly that your dog does that irritates him? Then tell him that your pet conforms to all the laws laid down by the council (hope it does) and there is nothing more you can do.

If all else fails throw poo at him lol.

I like them sleek and unnoticable, That is untill the pedal is pushed.

www.myspace.com/flyxr6 Myspace URL
www.myspace.com/slvstr01 My cars Myspace URL
FLYXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2006, 06:35 PM   #4
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There is always going to be one neighbour that is a major pain....

Don't go throwing your doggy do as was suggested (that can only lead to nasty things happening)..

Have you tried to speak with the neighbour calmly to discuss it??

What is the complaint your neighbour is making?? Is it a barking dog??
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2006, 06:40 PM   #5
rapidxr6
AS IT SAYS.....

You should have sent the council person to your other neighbours to get their opinions on the matter as well. It also probably wouldn't hurt to bang him in the nose, just pick a very, very dark night :jab:
I had similar problem with my neighbours, except they threw things at my dog and yelled at him. They would run away and lock their doors when i came outside.... My big boy now lives at my brother inlaws.
So .....i now have "no-legged' pets instead.
rapidxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2006, 07:06 PM   #6
micksta

i have this same problem .. neighbores over the back fence called the counsil becoz dad watered his veggie patch at 10pm ... NOT during the day becoz of the water restrictions ... chopping wood becoz we have a wood fire.

one night me and 2 other mates were out the back at around 2 or 3 .. jus sittin out the back talkin ****. When he walks out n has a go at us.

i mean c'mon .. if ur that stupid to put ur house/bedroom right next (less then half a meter) to the fence .. u deserve a swift kick to the temple.
micksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2006, 07:37 PM   #7
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

I had the same thing happen to me. Neighbour comes over and tried to have a go at my dad. We're asian and dad speaks perfect english with an asian accent. Neighbour thought he could scare us "because we're asian and probably dont know the law".

I rocked up and said to him in my normal accent (I have a very aussie accent) "Mate, if you have a problem with me dog, go ahead and call the council. We can go to court, we will win because me dog is registered, vacinnated and conforms to all local council regulations. So if you want to complain, please go call the council. If you can't find the number, come back tomorrow, I'll get it for you. Cheers mate" *slams door*

He never came back

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2006, 07:42 PM   #8
Kryton

we've just had people move in next door to my house and they have a BIG dog (a housing commission house - NO PETS). the other morning at 2.30-3AM it was barking constantly for hours on end, it just wouldnt stop.
i have lived here for around 10 years and have never really been bothered by dogs barking in the middle of the night but this thing is loud.
anyway, i work odd hours and often get up very early (anytime between3-5am) so every minute of sleep is precious. nothing worse than listening to a dog bark for the last 2 hours i could have slept before i had to get up.
the other neighbour even knocked on her door at 3.30am but no one got out of bed to see why.
we rang the council (as i dont see why i should have to go speak to inconsiderate NEW neighbours that dont have a problem with their dog barking all night) and were told that we were the 5th people to complain about it. the council went to their house and the dog hasnt barked once since.
i dont care if people have dogs but please, shut them up when people are trying to sleep.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2006, 08:44 PM   #9
stiddy
Banned

I live next door to a dog.. they have a little yappy thing aswell LOL..

Anyway this thing barks at all hours of the night and Ive been over there a few times, and everytime I go over and ask them to keep their dog quite im slightly more aggressive.. but nothing ever was done.
Anyhow 1 night a couple of months ago I just had a gut-ful and went over there and said to them 'shut your dog up or I will' in I supose a very intimidating way.. I havent heard it bark since..
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2006, 09:00 PM   #10
EFDream
XRR83D

Try Today Tonight......might help!

2007 Suzuki Swift - Pearl Red
Povo Pack

EFDream is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2006, 10:49 PM   #11
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have a little jack russel that loves to bark at night.. no idea why, just seems to bark at nothing. If we put him away in a place under our verandah away from most thing's he's fine at nights.. But we've even used those spray collars and shock collars (which I didn't like the idea of, so I took it off, lol).. Still keeps barking as soon as you take it off/it stops working though.. and I don't want to lock him up all the time at night.

Anyone got tips to shut him up? All our neighbours are cool and had no complaints (except from dad, haha), but if he's out in the early morning after been walked and i'm still trying to sleep the little guy's a pain in the ***!
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2006, 12:06 AM   #12
HOON69
Banned

i got neighbours whom have cats (8 to be exact) and guess who's house their shi7'n under?

no respect and my house smells like ruin when it rains and i cant even have the front door open without a stench.

then you got the neighbours next to my neighbour
nice VT SS V8 hooning from 8am till 11pm daily

so yeah we always geta nasty neighbour from time to time,my dad when we were living on the farm got a AVO whacked on him because our dogs were barking at night now this guy lives 400+ metres away and only there on weekends,yet because we ride our bikes around and dogs barked my dad cop'd a AVO to stop the noise etc eventually we were forced out and back into the BURBS :(
neighbours city or rural they can be bumholes sometimes.
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2006, 03:36 AM   #13
SPK-250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by popinfresh
I have a little jack russel that loves to bark at night.. no idea why, just seems to bark at nothing. If we put him away in a place under our verandah away from most thing's he's fine at nights.. But we've even used those spray collars and shock collars (which I didn't like the idea of, so I took it off, lol).. Still keeps barking as soon as you take it off/it stops working though.. and I don't want to lock him up all the time at night.

Anyone got tips to shut him up? All our neighbours are cool and had no complaints (except from dad, haha), but if he's out in the early morning after been walked and i'm still trying to sleep the little guy's a pain in the ***!
Get him a little bed and teach him to sleep next to your bed. Thats what ours do, if they need to go out they use the dog door and if they feel the need to bark they do it a couple of times to test me coz they know i'm not far behind. My neighbors dont care coz they love how small my dogs are, but thats not the point as i know how important sleep is. My 2 are cheeky *****s and try to test me once in a while, they know what they can get away with.
Old 25-07-2006, 03:45 AM   #14
GT290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeld-Wen Falcon
Ill spare you the long story but the old neighbour over the back has a problem with the dog. Instead of coming over to see us about her he yells abuse at my mum, and then at me. We check with other neighbours about her to see if they have a problem with her, they dont.

Anyway I got a visit from the counsil about the dog etc, they just said they had complaints etc. We've done what we were ASKED to do.

I just get so wild when these morons cant come and speak to you in a civilised way instead of speaking down to you asif your scum.

Yes people can be dificult. Maybe the reason your neighbour either side don't get bothered is the noise carries away from them and to your freind over the back. I have a Kelpie, very active little bloke but I am lucky as he only barks when some one comes on the lawn. Maybe you could call one of them outfits like bark busters. What sort of dog do you have and how much training or obediance do you enforce. These guys might be able to help and show you some simple solution. I have heard they are good. Any way good luck. Feel for you, I get very ****ed of at the type that can't confront you on the level and discuss things.
Old 25-07-2006, 06:02 AM   #15
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

I also have had the same 'mystery' complaint to the council over my dogs barking...

THe council gent was cool as I adamatly denied that it could be my dogs barking and breaking the restrictions..
7am to 10pm:- No more than six minutes animal noise in any hour
10pm to 7am:- No more than three minutes animal noise in any half-hour

Now my dogs bark, that is one of the reasons why I got them, to let me know if someone is coming or in the yard but as I only work in 2 hour blocks I was 95% sure that is wasn't my Fido's making all the noise..

I come home @ 5 am and am greeted by excitable barking ... but I'd be stuffed if it lasted for 3 mins..

Anyway I agreed for the council to set-up the noise recorder (they set up a noise monitor in the street and leave it there for 24 hours apparently)

A few days later my new neighbours come over asking if I'd complained about their dogs ( new house, new environment for their beagles and they were a little noisy and anxious)

I replied no, I don't care they are only settling in.. Well they had a complaint letter in their mail...

I felt sorry for them and when the council guy came to inform me of the results of the testing.. HE stated the dogs next door were exceeding the limits.. I explained to him they moved in about a week ago and were not accustomed to the goings on of their new abode. He accepted that and left a message in their letterbox explaining what I had told them..

I asked the council rep if I could find out who made the initial complaints, he said I could go through 'arbitration' as to who actually lodge the complaint.. To lodge a complaint that the council will act upon, they need
  • your name, address and telephone number – this information is kept confidential (until arbitration)
  • a description of the nuisance – the date, time and address of its sources
So as confidential as it seems if you pursue it you can always find out who the stick in the mud is..

Sorry for the long post..consider it breakfast reading :P

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2006, 07:53 AM   #16
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Thank goodness my nearest neighbours is a few hundred metres away from the house.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2006, 12:37 PM   #17
Bermo
Was BRT-351 now BRT-393

1 bottle of pool chlorine

At night pour on neighbours lawn and on nice plants

Game Over
Bermo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2006, 02:13 PM   #18
Homer1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pertuan
I had the same thing happen to me. Neighbour comes over and tried to have a go at my dad. We're asian and dad speaks perfect english with an asian accent. Neighbour thought he could scare us "because we're asian and probably dont know the law".

I rocked up and said to him in my normal accent (I have a very aussie accent) "Mate, if you have a problem with me dog, go ahead and call the council. We can go to court, we will win because me dog is registered, vacinnated and conforms to all local council regulations. So if you want to complain, please go call the council. If you can't find the number, come back tomorrow, I'll get it for you. Cheers mate" *slams door*

He never came back
I HATE people like that with a vengence!!! They bloody think they can take advantage of you just because you're asian, indian, mid eastern, etc. We've had it hapen plenty of times, just tell them in a nice Aussie way....****** off!!
Homer1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2006, 03:44 PM   #19
XA Coupsta
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its obvious to me that barking dogs are obviously a bit of a problem around suburban Australia!
XA Coupsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2006, 11:17 PM   #20
shane3
FPV GT 0915

The guy next door to us has a female rottie and to keep the rottie he went out and got a kelpie!!!!!!. He would head of to work at 3 AM and the dogs would bark for an hour after he had gone and ANY other noise and they would start up again, now if you have heard a 6 mth old kelpie yap it's ear piercing, and at 3.30 am it's even worse, we left note's and a DVD (video recording) of what it's like at 3.30 am and asked him to do some thing about it this went on for 7 months, then one day the 2 dogs were gone and both came back 5 weeks later and the kelpie had been debarked (vocal cords segicaly removed/cut) and we hardly hear the rottie bark any more and all is good.
Bluprint BA GT 2004 Model - Mods: Tinted Windows, Premium Sound, BBS Mags, 245/35R19 fronts, 285/30R19 rears, BMC POD Filter, SS cold air induction, HM tri-y headers, Redback cat back system, Herrod power snorkle, moded Herrod helix spacer, 4" ram air induction, More to come..
shane3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2006, 03:02 AM   #21
schmidty
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had a neighbour throw a 1kg box of bayer snail bait over the fence. As my dog is such a guts, he ate 95% of the contents, and half of the cardboard box! We woke up the next morning to find him foaming at the mouth and having convulsions on the back deck. After about $500 in vet bills, the dog survived and was home again. About a week later another box came over. Twice the size, and a different brand. I knew exactly where it was coming from as we were great friends with the neighbours on 2 sides and the 3rd neighbour was a reall sour puss. The dog ate the corner of the box, must have realised what it was when it tried it, and didnt eat anymore.

Well, my theory on who it was worked, because i threw the 2 kg box straight through her back window and due to the fact that not a word was ever spoken about it by her, i'm tipping she realised she had been sprung.

They rarely barked, only if something suss was going on, more than just people walking past on the street. If she had a concern and dealt with it the legal way through the council, fair enough, but i was livid about trying to kill my dogs! I hated her cat ( was always on my car) but i'd be the worst person alive if i skun it and hung it on her door knob! Old Bag!!!!
schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2006, 03:54 AM   #22
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeld-Wen Falcon

Happen here to, Easy way to solve rude people get nasty with them see how they like it, Guy next door jumps on the fence and yells at my mother, Calling her women, So i jumped on him and his been great since always waves now no problems at all.
Old 26-07-2006, 05:13 AM   #23
MAFIA
Grange killer!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYXR6
A friend of mine had this problem once so he wrote on a big sign put it on stakes in his back yard (so the dog wouldn't chew it) and faced it towards the offending neighbour. It said " i don't complain about the smell coming from your house so stop complaining about my dog" Was very funny.

As far as i know he hasn't heard a peep out of them.
Though not a real good solution, it was pretty funny.
e bawahahahahahaha hehehe what a great idea. And the Funniest by far

INSURED BY MAFIA. YOU HIT US, WE KILL YOU!

FORD FTE AU T-SERIES CLUB OF AUSTRALIA
www.tseriesclub.org
MAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2006, 06:27 PM   #24
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidty
I had a neighbour throw a 1kg box of bayer snail bait over the fence. As my dog is such a guts, he ate 95% of the contents, and half of the cardboard box! We woke up the next morning to find him foaming at the mouth and having convulsions on the back deck. After about $500 in vet bills, the dog survived and was home again. About a week later another box came over. Twice the size, and a different brand. I knew exactly where it was coming from as we were great friends with the neighbours on 2 sides and the 3rd neighbour was a reall sour puss. The dog ate the corner of the box, must have realised what it was when it tried it, and didnt eat anymore.

Well, my theory on who it was worked, because i threw the 2 kg box straight through her back window and due to the fact that not a word was ever spoken about it by her, i'm tipping she realised she had been sprung.

They rarely barked, only if something suss was going on, more than just people walking past on the street. If she had a concern and dealt with it the legal way through the council, fair enough, but i was livid about trying to kill my dogs! I hated her cat ( was always on my car) but i'd be the worst person alive if i skun it and hung it on her door knob! Old Bag!!!!
Surely you can get your neighbour charged for that!! She's obviously trying to murder your pet. I would have called the cops, council and RSPCA and have her **** in hot water. Its simply not on! If I was ****ed off enough, I probably would have knocked on her door to return her snail bait just to let her know that shes been sprung and have some words with her.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post