Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 23-07-2006, 12:13 PM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Exclamation Kiwi's Pull Naughty Nissan Ad

WELLINGTON, New Zealand (July 21) - Japanese carmaker Nissan said Friday it has pulled a raunchy commercial starring "Sex and the City" actress Kim Cattrall from New Zealand television after complaints over its content.

Cattrall, who plays sex-obsessed, promiscuous Samantha Jones in the hugely successful U.S. series, appears in the ad purring with excitement about Nissan's new sedan.

"Why didn't you tell me it was so big, I just wasn't prepared for it?" she gushes. "The all-new Nissan Tiida makes you feel really, really, really good inside."

She tells a salesman: "Ah! That was amazing. Absolutely fabulous! I mean the great body and the way you moved it."

The double entendre-laced ad was approved by New Zealand's Television Commercial Approvals Bureau before broadcast. Nevertheless, it sparked a number of complaints to the Advertising Standards Complaints Board.

Nissan said it was taking the commercial off the air before the board could consider the objections.

"We made this decision in the interest of self-regulation and in response to public feedback," Nissan said in a statement.

New Zealand generally is regarded as liberal when it comes to TV ad content, with no complaints reported about the Australian tourism campaign "Where the bloody hell are you?" which was banned in the UK.
http://search.aol.com/aolcom/search?...&search=Search

csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2006, 12:23 PM   #2
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

It is a **** ad anyway, glad I won't have to see it any more.
M14A-Mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2006, 06:10 PM   #3
Big Mike
Acid Rush XB Coupe

Yeah it was a fairly poor add. Quite tacky, but hardly offensive. To any prudes who find that, Big Brother, or any other tame TV stuff "sexually offensive" or inappropriate - I ask you to switch on SBS at 10:30 Monday nights for the next three weeks. I watched it last week - it was very, umm, informative - if you can stomach it.
Old 23-07-2006, 07:49 PM   #4
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike
Yeah it was a fairly poor add. Quite tacky, but hardly offensive. To any prudes who find that, Big Brother, or any other tame TV stuff "sexually offensive" or inappropriate - I ask you to switch on SBS at 10:30 Monday nights for the next three weeks. I watched it last week - it was very, umm, informative - if you can stomach it.
I find Big Bother a stupid show, which models bad relationships to young people. Older people are supposed to know better aren't they, but the young haven't usually worked it out until they've made a few really stupid mistakes.

I'm a secondary teacher, so I see the effect this BB trash has on kids. A few years ago, a mum was letting her daughter in Gr4 watch BB uncut!

So get it off the air I reckon, and protect the young ones with parents too silly to realize the damage it can do to their littlies, or with parents who know but are too self absorbed or lazy to care!

The littlies are the future, and should be looked after.

If that makes me a prude, then prude it is!

That's my 2cents worth!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2006, 08:23 PM   #5
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

This ad was tacky, but there is one worse ad...

One ad that they have no problem airing at prime time...

One ad that they try to make funny with a distracting intro...

One ad that i wouldnt want my kid to see, even if it wasn't at prime time...

The Canetson Vaginal THRUSH Ad... You know the one.

Has the intro... "Lets talk love and relationships..."
Then it cuts to the women... "Now that all the men have left the room" ha ha :

Hmmm... Not a great ad to be airing at prime time.
Makes me wonder about the question parents are getting... "Mummy whats Vaginal Thrush" :

Im not one for Pollitical Correctness, but that one gets my goat. :ticking:
AC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2006, 08:46 PM   #6
XRchic
Hello

Haha I didnt even think that it was actually the sex and the city chic in the ad! I thought it was an actress double! There you go!

Meh, that ad was not offensive.

I guess Im not easily offended though.

As for kids growing up, there is WAY more to child psychology than what tv they watch - as far as they turn out as adults!

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2006, 09:49 PM   #7
TotalDriver
Dedicated to Safety....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike
Is that the Autopsy one? If so, I saw it last week. UN*******BELIEVABLE!

Next week is a chic!
Old 23-07-2006, 10:06 PM   #8
WizBang
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't worry XR chic I though tthe same thing ,but yeah the ad is a little sad and doesn't even come close to have me leap out of me seat and rush down to nissan and buy one .But at the same time I can't see how it was bad enought to be pulled
WizBang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2006, 12:28 AM   #9
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

I don't know how the Tiida can be portrayed as a sexy car, it resembles the offspring from a menage-a-trois involving a Suzuki Wagon R, a Nimbus, and Megane, with none of the three participants wanting to claim parentship.
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2006, 01:17 AM   #10
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
I don't know how the Tiida can be portrayed as a sexy car, it resembles the offspring from a menage-a-trois involving a Suzuki Wagon R, a Nimbus, and Megane, with none of the three participants wanting to claim parentship.
Yeah, its an ugly little car. Much like the new Barina or the Yaris!

Hahaha Wagon R... I wonder who thought that name up!

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2006, 01:27 AM   #11
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic
Yeah, its an ugly little car. Much like the new Barina or the Yaris!

Hahaha Wagon R... I wonder who thought that name up!
I'm more concerned about its appearance than its name :

But yes, what a misinforming title for the car!
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2006, 07:49 AM   #12
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L

Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post