Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

View Poll Results: Do you belief in Karma?
Yes - And here's Proof 39 63.93%
NO - And here's Proof 15 24.59%
Only for other people not me! 7 11.48%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-07-2006, 11:29 PM   #31
ziggee

some excellent responses.. very interesting opinions.

as for some comments, all I can say is sorry you hate polls, please don't comment or vote the choice is yours. I use polls as a way to find out what people think, basically, nothing more nothing less. Just out of pure interest. I am not trying to be a post wh0re or anything, just interested on what the good folk of AFF think.

If you have something to offer by all means, if not please move to something you feel better commenting on. Thanks for your time. some very interesting views on this... good stuff.

I'm really not sure why people are so negative about it. it was suggested that perhaps I am attention seeking, or bored... which your very entitled to ask, suggest but in truth neither. (no offence taken either way)

I don't have anything to do with say the fesita/ka threads, but I would not go on there and ask them to stop posting about XYZ, i would just avoid them (as I do).

i don't want to be an unpopular member here. if you think I'm a goose (or worst ;) ) that's cool I try and take people at face value. (can you add me to your ignore list - that way I won't offend you by polling)

Can someone please pm me, as to why polls are bad. I don't understand. I admitted I did post in wrong area, was not intentional, and can take a joke. (Mr L, the last option I think we did not need as I already know the answer to it ;) )
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2006, 11:34 PM   #32
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Ziggee

Polls are not bad, constant polls by the same person leads to a troll poll, not a good condition to have.

If there is a related discussion to go with a poll, and not a one liner question which invokes the poll, then you cannot be called a troll.

If the poll relates to the content of the forum, then that's definitely an added benefit!
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2006, 11:39 PM   #33
ziggee

I understand, and hence WILL never post polls in anything ford related. unless its a ford related poll. I did do the right thing and search for the word karma, found nothing related to it and was polled.

I thought this would make for an interesting discussion (NON ford related) but obviously it didn't. I was hoping for more than just one line answers and thought I did the right thing by asking for some form of explanation on why you vote yes, no etc. I am very much interested in peoples opinions about subjects both ford and non ford related.

So if I am understanding correctly, its the amount of polls, OK, I can do something about that... ;) cheers
Old 03-07-2006, 01:34 AM   #34
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I don't believe in karma as a sort of mystical thing with someone on high keeping a scorecard of our good vs bad and then adjusting our lives to compensate.

But, I do believe in universal justice... again not because a scorecard is being kept but simple because we pay a price for who we are.

So, the thief will spend his life assuming that everyone is trying to steal from him; the liar will assume that everyone else lies as well; those without compassion will shake their heads and get irate at those with compassion; those who don't take time to appreciate the important things will always be screaming at the car in front for being so slow etc etc and so on, for we all live the life (and pay the price) that reflects our own outlook and behaviour.

It's very simple. If you want good "karma" treat people the way you want to be treated.
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2006, 03:14 AM   #35
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

It is an interesting subject. The stories that some members can/will add are also a great read.
On another karma related note, tune into channel 7 thursday nights & watch My Name is Earl. Bloody hilarious. He believes in karma so much he's now paranoid to do anything but right his wrongs.
JADED6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2006, 03:20 AM   #36
ziggee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwest
I don't believe in karma as a sort of mystical thing with someone on high keeping a scorecard of our good vs bad and then adjusting our lives to compensate.

But, I do believe in universal justice... again not because a scorecard is being kept but simple because we pay a price for who we are.

So, the thief will spend his life assuming that everyone is trying to steal from him; the liar will assume that everyone else lies as well; those without compassion will shake their heads and get irate at those with compassion; those who don't take time to appreciate the important things will always be screaming at the car in front for being so slow etc etc and so on, for we all live the life (and pay the price) that reflects our own outlook and behaviour.

It's very simple. If you want good "karma" treat people the way you want to be treated.

best explanation IMHO so far... thanks for you views on it. I wonder why people don't actully do this in reality... (different poll all together!! ;)) no it wont end up in one.

sorry not starting up a war, but after I posted here, went and read the BB thread, a FFS eveyone and his dog had an opinion on it, but soon as you ask for opionions, you get canned!!
Old 03-07-2006, 03:26 AM   #37
ziggee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JADED6
It is an interesting subject. The stories that some members can/will add are also a great read.
On another karma related note, tune into channel 7 thursday nights & watch My Name is Earl. Bloody hilarious. He believes in karma so much he's now paranoid to do anything but right his wrongs.

Yeah the actor, sorry dont know his name, I think was the one out of Mr Cooper??? that was funny show too..... will check it out..
Old 03-07-2006, 04:22 AM   #38
Faker
Certified Nutcase

Karma, not always so obvious.
Found a wallet and returned it to the owner, $300 intact. The following week I left my wallet on the counter in a shop. When I realised I headed back and a guy coming out the door looked at me and said " here mate you forgot your wallet" and tossed it about 5ft to me . I said thanks put it in my pocket and headed back to work. I thought ah Karma. Called in at another shop later in the day to get some lunch, opened my wallet, it was empty. $80.00 gone and I was more than a little ****ed off.
I only had $1.05c in change so I bought a scratchy for $1.00 as I couldn't afford anything else. Scratched myself $500.00, the shop couldn't pay it out so I had to drive to the Lotteries Commision.
Pulled in behind a local radio station's promotional vehicle so I thought I'd see if I could get some freebies. As one of the first 5 people there I got 5 CDs, 2 DVDs, an MP3 player and movie tickets with a premovie dinner for two.
Happily I walked inside and got a cash cheque for $500 which amazingly the bank cashed for me.
So if the cretin had not stolen my money I wouldn't have bought the scratchy and had what turned out to be such a great day.
Yes I believe in Karma but then there are other days..............................
Old 03-07-2006, 06:27 AM   #39
ziggee

great read, nice one... like it allot.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:08 AM   #40
fpv_lion_tamer
ED Gli

I definetly believe in karma.

Girl i dated for a while cheated on me... as much as it hurt i moved on... 2 months later i found out she was pregnant with his kid and that they broke up. Karma played it's part.

On a lighter note, me and my mates are always mucking around, tryin to embarrass or humilate each other, somehow karma always manages to make it's way into the situation. Always good for a laugh
Old 03-07-2006, 08:33 AM   #41
LTDHO
The one and only

I voted no.

I see to many bad people get away with it where as good people get punished.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2006, 12:26 PM   #42
FordFan86
meow

My name is Earl.
Yeah I beleive in Karma, don't have any examples off hand tho.
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2006, 12:30 PM   #43
Hardtopxb
Once PHASED.

Karma= law of averages..
Old 03-07-2006, 10:13 PM   #44
WOLF
Track Red XY

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14A-Mclaren
One of those annoying religion pushers asking me about Karma, I just said I know I like My name is earl and she looked at me weird so I walked off.
This is one of the big misconceptions about karma. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with religion.
The other one is that when people hear the word karma, immediately negative thoughts spring to mind!....remember there is GOOD karma as well....use it to your advantage as it won't last forever!
...pretty much 99.9% people have atleast once in our lives uttered the words "what goes around, comes around"....simplified=karma.
WOLF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2006, 12:04 AM   #45
ondori
Addicted User

cool karma flash
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/33005
ondori is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2006, 12:32 AM   #46
ziggee

does not the word karma stem from buddhism? i read it ages ago somewhere, and it had (from memory) a completely different concept to what myself (and the west think)! dam must look it up again.

The Flash:
I liked how they through there hats off at the end after they killed him or did he kill himself (deep!)
Old 04-07-2006, 11:24 AM   #47
GCFordChic
I love AU XR8s

Interesting stories, but life is just a bunch of stuff that happens.
Some things are controlled, some things are unexplained and some things are coincidence. There is good luck and bad luck. People don’t always get what they deserve, some people get more than they deserve (based on what they have done/how they live).

I suppose it would be nice if I could believe that if I do good things, good things will happen to me, but I don’t. I’m not negative but I just don’t think the world is ‘fair’.

I am happy, but quite frankly, learning that I wont be able to have kids has been like a kick in the guts. I remain positive, but have been told to not expect to be able to have them. It just sucks, but at 19 I wouldn’t want them now anyway. Ill get p!ssed off about it in about 6 years.

Meh. Kids suck anyway. Cant only have utes if you have kids…More money for cars! hehehe

FPV & XR Owners Club of Qld
Want more info on our club?
fpvxrqldinfo@gmail.com
or see our Club Section

My Garage:
AU II XR8 Sedan "Lil T"
Hyundai i30 SR
yeah baby!
GCFordChic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post