Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 02-07-2006, 10:58 PM   #1
andrew_smith_84
my one day build...

Default The things people do

i was browsing ebay and thinking back to when i had my sigma when i came across this ummm thing, why is all i thought Siadore :ticking:

andrew_smith_84 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2006, 11:19 PM   #2
Dezza
Parts bin special

Why would anyone put a Buick V6 in a Sigma? There are plenty of nicer engines than the Buick engine. What model is that from? If it's a VN one, that's even worse.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2006, 11:23 PM   #3
AUSGTI
Das Auto Bitches!

something u dont see everyday..... I mainly see 250 crossflows going in, then again they are speedway cars :P
Old 02-07-2006, 11:31 PM   #4
Schmee

why? why not!

its the basic power to weight why would a cortina be fitted with a 6cyl factory simply because people wanted smaller cars with bigger engines..

why a sigma, well some people have strange taste in cars each to their own

anyways basis for this is that I currently have sitting in my driveway a mitsubishi scorpion with a VP V6/turbo 700 backed by a 9" diff with 3.55 gears, the car was built by a mate of mine around 10 years ago he has had his fun in it and wants to sell it now...all engineered but out of rego car has been in storage for a while he has shifted and needed me to store it for him..

when the car was registered it was some of the most fun Ive had on four wheels, rolling up at a set of lights and watching most of the guys with worked 6's and 8's in holdens and fords want to race then pulling up at the next set of lights smiling from ear to ear waiting for them to catch up and the look of surprise on their faces is one of the best feelings..

to be able to smoke tyres all day or race all night on a budget its the way to go...anything that has been severly modified normally has drawbacks...ie: fuel consumption goes up or reliability goes down...this way its stock items you can buy just about anywhere....conversion bits usually dont break unless they have been poorly engineered

just my 2 cents

Sleeper is the appropriate word...hehehehehe

Kev
Schmee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2006, 08:23 AM   #5
MrFlibbles
ill have a beer milkshake

back in Adelaide there were at least sigmas legally fitted with 253 v8's makes them a might rocket and great for the sleeper look!
1969 Isuzu Florian
1976 Chev luv (really its just a rebadged Isuzu!)
1980 Isuzu KB 4x4
MrFlibbles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2006, 03:47 PM   #6
Olympus
Rocket Fuel Anyone?

I've also seen a guy in a Scorpion with a VN 5 litre fitted here in Adelaide. Sounds tuff and goes like the clappers.
Olympus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2006, 12:40 AM   #7
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I saw one in Street Machine with a 351 Cleveland and 9" diff. Everything cosmetic was standard, including hubcaps and the radio cassette. It was white and looked stock - a real sleeper.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post