Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 29-06-2006, 06:15 PM   #31
Ozfords
Girls! Drink! ****! ****!

Being a student St George is kick ****, if you play your cards right zilcho fees. Visa debit card wipes out EFTPOS charges. Online banking is easy as.

Service has always been good and I got a credit card with a better rate than the Police Credit Union. So far the only thing going for the Police Credit Union is salary sacrifice packages and I'd get my pay 2 days earlier.

But hey once my student card expires I'll be looking at what the others have to offer.

1993 ED Fairmont Sedan - I6 - Colbalt Blue
- XH Snorkel
- Superlow Kings Springs and KYB Shocks
- Cross Drilled and Slotted DBA front Discs
- 18" pre-AU GT-P Alloy Wheels
- Ford Original Bootlid Spoiler
Ozfords is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 06:39 PM   #32
OldManGhia

I wouldn't recommend St George, they like to charge $30 when ever they think your account will go into arrears - not when it does. In one case the $30 fee is what put the account into arrears not our tranactions. Would recommend CUA or NAB no problems at all.
OldManGhia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 06:49 PM   #33
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If your after a good interest rate & are happy to do online banking without any branch facilitys & face to face service look at ING direct. I have a mortgage with ING Bank & find them good for that im with ANZ for my everday banking & suppose mainly because my parents bank with them so when i was at school i set up an account with them & have satyed. On my everday banking account you can have as many eftpos & phone banking & online banking & ANZ atm tranactions for $5 bucks a month. If you belive there latest advertising they will be putting another 500 atm's into clatex woolworths & big W sites.

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 07:26 PM   #34
jim1606
Jim

HSBC? and you have woolworths over there!
jim1606 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 07:36 PM   #35
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

I was with CBA since I was 8. They ****ed me off when I asked them what the best way to move excess money from my MasterCard to my savings was. They told me to just move it as per normal and there will be no fee. I moved it as per normal and they slugged me $1.25. Basically, they lied to me and are denying it. I know $1.25 isnt much but its the principle. So now I'm moving over to HSBC.

I have an online savings account with HSBC. I get 5 free ATM transactions. 4.75% interest calculated every day. Counter/Customer service is top notch. Havent had any problems with them.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 08:23 PM   #36
jim1606
Jim

Yreah i am with HSBC, they do the best online banking which is better for me.
Old 29-06-2006, 08:53 PM   #37
SVR73
Mr Polish

Currently with bendigo bank, after commonwealth left virginia, the whole townsfolk set up our own community bank a few years ago and I've never been happier
Old 29-06-2006, 10:06 PM   #38
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Police Credit Co-Op,

No account fees, fee free debit visa card regardless of where used, inc atms etc, interest paid, free cheques...........

All you need is member to nominate you...........
Old 29-06-2006, 10:17 PM   #39
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
Police Credit Co-Op,

No account fees, fee free debit visa card regardless of where used, inc atms etc, interest paid, free cheques...........

Yeah I know, my ex has an account, I was frequently @ the Waverly branch.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2006, 12:15 AM   #40
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

ANZ and just started with ING ...
St George wouldn't give us our deeds back when we
paid our place off...Even after we paid for them to be released...
Apparently they like to keep them as they use them as bank equity...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2006, 03:54 AM   #41
jim1606
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
Police Credit Co-Op,

when you say co-op is that the cooperative grp, the ones who have all o those mini marts all over?
Old 30-06-2006, 04:14 AM   #42
ClevlndStemer
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i'm with Bendigo and ING, Bendigo have been really good in the 6 years I have been with them. ING pays the interest thats all I care
ClevlndStemer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2006, 04:40 AM   #43
jim1606
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevlndStemer
i'm with Bendigo and ING, Bendigo have been really good in the 6 years I have been with them. ING pays the interest thats all I care
by ING do you mean ING direct???
Old 30-06-2006, 07:40 AM   #44
qwigybo
hunting 300kw's

westpac, dads a manager there and reckons they are pretty good in comparison, just depends on what you want and how old you are. overall they have treated me pretty well, but declining me for a loan because i missed one credit card payment 6 months ago gave me the sh$%s so i onmly use them for my daily and anz for loans etc
qwigybo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2006, 08:19 AM   #45
LTDHO
The one and only

What I need is an account where all funds will be EFT, so no outlet is needed and neither is a card. I have a spending account with ANZ for this.
I'd like an account where I EFT some bills and my house account.
So Free internet, Free EFT and high interest. Account ballance will vary, but will remain over 1k
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2006, 09:55 AM   #46
Tote
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have had dealings at NAB and Westpac, both have surprsed me at times with their high levels of service. It definately makes a difference if you can form a relationship with a person at the branch so that you have someone who knows you who can sort things out when they screw up.
I've also had a not so pleasant experience with a Sydney based credit union who I could only deal with over the phone that left me with a default on my credit record that was unable to be rectified. "I'm sorry XXX has left and we have no record of that conversation"
Regards,
Tote
Old 30-06-2006, 10:10 AM   #47
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm with St George. Changed from Commonwealth a great deal of years ago. Never have had any problems with them although with the fees they are introducing, I must say that I'm not happy with that.

I got a VISA debit card purely for the fact that credit transactions were free but apparently from next month they count towards your free transactions, and after that you get charged.

I make numerous transactions a week so it will add up eventually. The funny thing with every bank you go to is they charge you an account fee when they invest your money you deposit and make money of it lol.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2006, 10:53 AM   #48
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1606
HSBC? and you have woolworths over there!
Our Woolworths is a supermarket and a chain of jointly owned petrol stations (Caltex Woolworths), where as your Woolworths is more like a Big W (which is owned by Woolworths)
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2006, 11:05 AM   #49
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
So Free internet, Free EFT and high interest.
Lol. The "banking" wishlist.

I dont think there's many people chargin for netbank anymore so that's an easy one to strike off the list. ING has high interest but i doubt if you can pay bills etc from the online saver. Vice versa with most other ADIs - good transaction facilities but sh**house interest on deposits unless you go fixed term.

Try a hybrid approach...

Maybe utilise ING for the "sticky" funds (i.e. your minimum $1k balance) and have another institution like the CBA or one of the other big 4 for netbanking and accessing more liquid funds. CBA charges me $5/month account keeping fee, dont think i get slugged anything for using netbank.
Old 30-06-2006, 11:16 AM   #50
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

I'm with Bank of Queensland for my everyday, savings, CC and loan account. Been with them ever since I moved here.

The interest is horrendous on my loan, which is why I posted that thread in the DM forum, CC is good with interest, and monthly fees are good, in that it isn't expensive.

I'm looking into going elsewhere at the moment.
Old 30-06-2006, 01:22 PM   #51
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebxr8240
ANZ and just started with ING ...
St George wouldn't give us our deeds back when we
paid our place off...Even after we paid for them to be released...
Apparently they like to keep them as they use them as bank equity...
You need to fill in some forms for request for discharge, it takes a minimum of 14 days (at least with CBA, why I have no idea, any other business sector could get similiar information much quicker) I am not a big fan of any bank, thinking of trying a smaller community bank. Get sick of fees and charges, for absolutely everything, then in the same breath they tell you how good they are going becasue they have made a billion dollars profit :SaiyanSmi

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2006, 02:25 PM   #52
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB076
You need to fill in some forms for request for discharge, it takes a minimum of 14 days (at least with CBA, why I have no idea, any other business sector could get similar information much quicker) I am not a big fan of any bank, thinking of trying a smaller community bank. Get sick of fees and charges, for absolutely everything, then in the same breath they tell you how good they are going because they have made a billion dollars profit :Saiyans
Yes I did all that.. They like to keep them so it shows on there annual statement as assets..
I am using ING as real estate portfolio and ANZ for everything else...
At present there's no need to invest money "into" banks etc. Also while I have investment properties, bank charges are tax deductible. Still a pita though....
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2006, 02:28 PM   #53
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

commonwealth bank is ok
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2006, 02:35 PM   #54
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Quote:
Yes I did all that.. They like to keep them so it shows on there annual statement as assets..
I am using ING as real estate portfolio and ANZ for everything else...
At present there's no need to invest money "into" banks etc. Also while I have investment properties, bank charges are tax deductible. Still a pita though....
Probably not being held as assets... banks hate assets as they have to hold capital against them, they get rid of as many assets as possible...

A lot of the time they hold the deeds etc in security packages, usually offsite (hence the fee for retrieving them) but they also send the security packets on when they securitise loans off of their balance sheet (i.e. when they get a bunch of similar loans and sell the loan repayments onto a unitised trust)...

Also might have been with the lender's mortgage insurer, if the loan had lender's mortgage insurance on it...
Old 30-06-2006, 02:58 PM   #55
theBlake

HSBC Online account is a good for just transactions, and you can use any ATM at no cost. http://www.hsbc.com.au/personal/accounts/osa.html

Quote:
Thats complete bollocks - sorry.
(my qualification for that statement is 20 years in banking)

A mortgage on a property is not on the banks balance sheet, only the loan account is. You must have misunderstood the banks explanation or they were bad at giving it.

It is only an advantage to you NOT to discharge the mortgage for a couple of reasons;
- the bank is storing your deeds for free.
- you can borrow again against the same mortgage later without paying govt costs again, mainly the Mortgage Stamp Duty which can be a lot - about $400 per $100,000 loan (varies state by state)

Discharge the mortgage only when you are selling your place or if you want to finance with another lender, otherwise leave it there, you are better off.