Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 27-06-2006, 09:47 PM   #1
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default ebay momo gear dispute

long story short...its been long enough to finally file a claim...all no where thats going NOWHERE!..

anyways i threatened ebay a bit demanding my money be refunded including postage.. there is no such thing as ebay australia hence why no phone number...its just an office some people who handle the emails and laugh at the idiots getting ripped off

anyways heard nothing from cops, nothing from ebay, nothing from sellers
so much for my momo gear knob hey

anyways jetstar had a cheap price on tickets to vic...might have an all expenses paid holiday on the seller what do you think...anyone want to come?

hope MIKEVYII had a better result than me

richie

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2006, 09:51 PM   #2
ziggee

probally keep asking ebay for help is your best bet at this stage.

I'll give you my gear knob, its not MOMO, which I thought it was, just a black thing from my 5 speed manual
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2006, 09:56 PM   #3
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggee
probally keep asking ebay for help is your best bet at this stage.

I'll give you my gear knob, its not MOMO, which I thought it was, just a black thing from my 5 speed manual
thanks for the offer but ive already got one of those
and ive just bought one from FTG

richie

2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8

Old 28-06-2006, 01:45 AM   #4
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

Is there such a thing as karma mate? Remember you reap what you sow.
Old 28-06-2006, 08:55 AM   #5
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by banarcus
Is there such a thing as karma mate? Remember you reap what you sow.
there is such thing but then ive been 'karma'd' twice for one thing so i got to return the favour wouldnt you say?....but im not keeping count

2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8

Old 28-06-2006, 09:23 AM   #6
ON_DUBS
[ON DUBS]

ebay have absolutely no ability to deal with any problem of any kind whatsoever.

the first time i was ripped off, i was able to get in with the item not recieved claim before time ran out. ebay refunded part of my money but paid me in USD so i lost like another 30 bucks when i cashed the cheque.

my most recent ebay rip off, i paid for something and then the seller told me i had to wait for a manufacturing period. of course after waiting for this period the item not recieved claim had expired and i couldnt file.

i've contacted ebay loads of times and always get the same email.
i've contact consumer affairs office of fair trading and all that.

in the end i got put onto the consumer, trader and tenacy tribunal.
so now i need to decide if i want to pay money to get my money back..
Old 28-06-2006, 09:38 AM   #7
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ebay have no real protection and the scammers are getting more plentiful now as its too easy to register as a seller, used to be quite thorough now anyone with even hotmail accounts which was never allowed two years ago.
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2006, 10:12 AM   #8
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Your bring up and important issue

The same care must be followed for transactions on these forums as well.

I have purchased a couple of things on Ebay, but must say not from individuals, mainly business's
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2006, 10:35 AM   #9
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Use PayPal when you can, as you have a much better chance of getting many back from disputed transactions.
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2006, 12:34 PM   #10
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathXR
Use PayPal when you can, as you have a much better chance of getting many back from disputed transactions.
im not sure on paypal...requires a credit card doesnt it... is there more/safer than anything else

im thinking ill now try and use the C.O.D. feature cant get ripped off that way...no item no pay

ill see what ebay does in reply to my email..i think something will get done

thanks
FalconSR

2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8

Old 28-06-2006, 12:52 PM   #11
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had what seems to be the opposite problem to you ......

Put a car on & got a fair price for it with a few bidders. The winning bidder decided after the auction it was too far to travel ...... wrote to ebay ..... no help at all, so I emailed the 2nd highest bidder ..... of cause it was a week later & they had already made another purchase .......

After numerous emails to ebay I basically told them to place their commision that they were demanding in their bums .......... Hence I no longer deal with them .......

Last edited by MotherNatureVer2; 28-06-2006 at 12:52 PM. Reason: damn typos :P
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2006, 01:45 PM   #12
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

I have not read into it but I think your sales are insured by ebay if you pay via pay pal. So if the seller doesnt supply then you can get your money back, I use pay pal when I can but alot sellers dont.

I have just purchased a $500 item off ebay and the seller only had 4 positive feedback so I asked him before the end of the sale if he would send C.O.D., he said he would so its being sent C.O.D.

Also I have my doubts about sellers who are in your area that say NO PICK UP - I was going to buy a $1,000 item off a seller in Melbs but he said NO PICK UP.

He gave me the spill about how he has 100% feeback from over 300 buyers BUT i said how do I know your not going to go bankrupt tomorrow.

He still said NO PICK UP so I said I wont be buying off him.......

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2006, 02:58 PM   #13
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the times i have bought of ebay have been great

first paid for item got item

second paid for item didnt arive contactd seller they sent a second item didnt arive so the seller refunded twice the sale value then the item arived 6 weeks later

jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2006, 03:18 PM   #14
ziggee

I try and get as much info off the seller as possible... address, phone number. Might not be right but at least I have something to use. ITS not full proof thats for sure. I think legit people will give you address/number. I have rung them to make sure, I always ask for a landline number. if your polite and word it correctly, you can usually tell if legit or not.

I never used to get things from O/S, but I have had really good dealings with HK at present. NFI why. granted money spent has been small amounts from there. $8 for leds etc and they all seem to use paypal.
Old 28-06-2006, 03:47 PM   #15
Stampy

Ebay has got to big for there boots , they have no control anymore, they just collect the money
Old 28-06-2006, 04:01 PM   #16
ziggee

yeah, i have thought about an ebay equiv, whereby the item gets sent to HQ and sent off, not sure how it would work, probably would not as the items would be more expensive, well double posted.... Ebay was a great idea, but flawed from the beginning, one thing they should do is have verification on sign up... that is someone confirms your details... not sure why this was never done. for what they make now profit wise, you would think it would be an easy fix.

I think perhaps they are not interested in fixing it up, and that will be there undoing, once it happens more and more and more. people will stand up and start hassling ebay, and once that happens on mass, ebay will have to do something.
Old 28-06-2006, 04:19 PM   #17
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggee
yeah, i have thought about an ebay equiv, whereby the item gets sent to HQ and sent off, not sure how it would work, probably would not as the items would be more expensive, well double posted.... Ebay was a great idea, but flawed from the beginning, one thing they should do is have verification on sign up... that is someone confirms your details... not sure why this was never done. for what they make now profit wise, you would think it would be an easy fix.

I think perhaps they are not interested in fixing it up, and that will be there undoing, once it happens more and more and more. people will stand up and start hassling ebay, and once that happens on mass, ebay will have to do something.
they do the credit card verification thing at sign up...found a loop hole for it though
even with the credit card verification they never do anything...like track the seller down,

anyways ironically i bought an xbox game buy it now for $10 new and sealed rainbow six 3..4.99 post plus another game splinter cell brand new in wrapping for $10 free post...anyways checked out the feedback and no shill bidding not even the same person in each of the items, 100%, will only pay when he replies to my email....will ask for his personal details..its the only way now

falconsr

2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8

Old 28-06-2006, 07:51 PM   #18
SIKXR8220

I am a buyer and seller on ebay with over 150 feedbacks(100% positive) and i have never had a problem with a seller or a buyer.

Make sure you buy from someone with lots of positive feedback, has been registered for awhile and is willing to answer your questions before you bid.

Only pay for large and overseas purchases through paypal the seller checks are alot more stringent and your purchase is protected up to $1500 , the paypal site is as safe as Netbank and the person you are buying off doesnt see your card details. Always make sure you get insured postage that way if it gets lost in the post you can get your money back off Aus Post.

And as the saying goes if it seems too good to be true it usually is.

SIKXR8220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 01:57 AM   #19
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
there is no such thing as ebay australia hence why no phone number...its just an office some people who handle the emails and laugh at the idiots getting ripped off
There is an ebay "australia". There office is in the city cbd somewhere (from memory). You should be able to get a number for them.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post