Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

View Poll Results: What Petrol do you use??
Caltex Vortex 13 12.26%
Caltex Vortex 98 8 7.55%
Shell Optimax 21 19.81%
Shell Unleaded 95/Shell Premium Unleaded 11 10.38%
Mobil Synergy 6000 2 1.89%
Mobil Synergy 8000 10 9.43%
BP Ultimate 33 31.13%
BP Premium 5 4.72%
Other Premium 3 2.83%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17-05-2006, 10:42 PM   #61
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjau99
I'm now on 2700km and just poured half a tank of BP Ultimate to see how it compares to Optimax. It cost $1.49 per litre! I will see how I go over the next few days. So far the average is 12.9L/100km for city driving, seems pretty high compared to most other Focus owners :(
Wow!! Thats scary! My '06 LX Manual just clicked over 2699km tonight when I parked it!!

I've averaging 7.6L/100km with an average speed of 40km/h (often heavy traffic). Got 630km from my first full tank, although the fuel light hadn't come yet.

I use mostly the Shell 95 octane.
#Russ#Es# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2006, 07:10 PM   #62
kjau99
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Russ#Es#
Wow!! Thats scary! My '06 LX Manual just clicked over 2699km tonight when I parked it!!

I've averaging 7.6L/100km with an average speed of 40km/h (often heavy traffic). Got 630km from my first full tank, although the fuel light hadn't come yet.

I use mostly the Shell 95 octane.
It has now ticked over to 13.0L/100km, mind you my car is an Auto(Ghia). Doesn't seem to run as good on BP Ultimate.
kjau99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2006, 06:37 PM   #63
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

2900km on the clock and I'm down to 10L/100km now.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2006, 02:46 AM   #64
Zetec06
Just Beginning

Iv'e just done 1500kms and have been running it from new on Vortex 98 (there's a Caltex near my home). Earlier this week my tank was pretty much empty and I thought - spurred on by this thread - I would try another fuel. I filled up with Optimax and immediately felt a decrease in power. The car felt sluggish in comparison to the day before... Even the Boss (sorry, girlfriend), who didn't know about the fuel change commented after driving it that it didn't feel as 'zippy' as it normally does.
In my previous car, a 96 EFII Falcon, I swore by optimax. I got better kms and more throttle response, but not the case the Focus.
Can't wait until this tank is virtually empty.

Oh and also, after I filled up I reset everything and immediately drove a friend to the airport (approx 200km return trip). Car recorded 7.9L/100km. After owning a six sucking minimum 13L/100km you couldn't tear the smile off my face
Zetec06 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2006, 10:34 PM   #65
kenny21
This is really me :)

Can i just say V8 supercars say they use optimax but they dont because its rubbish fuel, they get special fuel from shell and call it optimax. I used to race go karts and used optimax and kept blowing engines so i researched the fuels and found shell is only an average of 98 octane whereas Mobile and BP are a min of 98. Also with shell it loses its octane rating when u open the cap so if ur fillin up and still half full it lets out all the gases which make the shell wat it is and therefor lower octane. I try to only stick with mobil
kenny21 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post