Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 25-03-2006, 09:58 AM   #1
JDam
Starter Motor

Default AUII Xr6 Leather Issues

I had a Auntie with a walking stick damage my front passenger seat, I went to a leather fix up place for a cheap fix, it seems that has been all it was and the pain come off, is there any other things you can do to insure it looks like it used to?

The paint looks like it has pealed back which has resulted in a gastly looking mark.

Would it be best simply to just replace the whole seat with another or are there methods you can use to revive the leather seat?

Any ideas greatly appreciated, thanks.

JDam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2006, 12:39 PM   #2
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

if you have peeled back / torn that top smooth shiney layer of leather off there isnt a hell of alot that can be done to repair that patch , allthough usually the seat is sectioned off by seams , a good upholsterer could cut the damaged patch out around the seems , then sew a new piece in for you without even knowing it was fixed. Either that or get another second hand seat , would be cheaper getting it fixed though i think maybe ., if its just light scuff marks , i'de maybe see if u can get some upholstery paint or some kind of dye matching the leather color ,and toutch up the scuff marks by hand . gl

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2006, 06:38 PM   #3
Burley
CRE.87V

leather isnt painted would just be wearing from the stick....im a trimmer and we do that all the time....strip the seat....mark the ИИИИ panel unpick it to the extent where u can get panel out....if ur near newcastle i may be able to help ya out
Burley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2006, 10:24 PM   #4
XR6Stu

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but a question for Burley.. how much would it roughly cost to get an AU re trimmed?
XR6Stu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2006, 07:42 PM   #5
Burley
CRE.87V

Default trimmingq

probably be looknig at about 4 grand to do seats, door inserts, and pillar panels in leather
Burley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2006, 07:51 PM   #6
cArSiK
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burley
leather isnt painted would just be wearing from the stick....
leather is dyed...ever seen a red cow?
cArSiK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2006, 11:48 PM   #7
TCK-098

Know how you feel got a quote the other week at one the ricer trimmers here in sydney and he told me $2000 just to do the front seats my reply was do i look like a idoit got in my car and drove off.

Try wreckers as they do get some decent interiors now and then.