Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 04-05-2006, 03:44 PM   #31
blutura
ZX-6R & Falcon pilot

"Cyclone History:
Originally a custom designed ride at Luna Park in Sydney, costing $8m. After operating for only 9 months, the local residents complained about noise at the park, and the 70-year old park was forced to close.

Early last year, developers purchased the park on the condition that the 'Big Dipper' roller coaster must be sold before any developments were made.

It was sold to Dreamworld in May 2001 for only $3m."

from ThrillNetwork.com

You can only have two.
blutura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2006, 03:47 PM   #32
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Thanks for that link blutura.

You learn something everyday.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:10 PM   #33
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by blutura
"Cyclone History:
Originally a custom designed ride at Luna Park in Sydney, costing $8m.
Nah, I was talking about the Melbourne Luna Park, St Kilda beach.

And ditto on what he said.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2006, 10:35 PM   #34
Paxton
Cobblers!

Three words for you: Final Destination Three. If you have ever wondered if it was possible to die on a Roller Coaster, watch this.

I have never been a real roller coaster fan, however the Mrs. is a thrill seeker. We did DreamWorld last year, and I have never been so grateful to be on solid ground.

DisneyWorld has some doozeys also, however I wouldn't get anywhere near any of them. I will do water rides (Splash Mountain, Wild Wild West), however I won't trust my life to a metal track and a harness. Give me metal cars, and rubber balloons any day, at-least if you have a disaster, you can usually walk away.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2006, 10:51 PM   #35
Focus_RS
Starter Motor

I have been to Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio and after being on the worlds highest/fastest roller coster (for its time), including the worlds only standing up rollercoster, it really makes you loose any desire to go on any type of amusement ride in Australia.. i drive past Luna Park in St.Kilda and i am amazed that people actually find that thing to be fun.. like come on?!?
Focus_RS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post