Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 15-04-2006, 06:28 PM   #1
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

Default Now in an AU

Yep, here I am (never post in Aufalcon club before), but Iam now back in a Ford and the most unlikely one at that.

I just placed a deposit on an immaculate 2001 Organza AUII Forte Sedan on Dedicated Gas. Never thought id by an AU, as i also thought they were bit to rough and ready and not much better than my old EL and vastly inferior to the BA; alas I wrong. It drove beautifully, got a nice LSD diff , the 4 speeder shifted well, brakes had no warpage and it didnt squeak or rattle at all, even on some rough roads and its only got 72,000 Klms on it (with full Ford service history)

I pick it up on Tuesday, im one happy camper now, fuel was killing me with the Avalon as I do 40,000klms a year and the option of driving less was not one i liked and i didnt feel like driving a 4cyl Korean buzzbox so here i am. I quite liked the performance, it felt a bit sluggish down low (just like every other falcon) but around 4 thou it really hustled and it loped along on the highway very nicely.

So now ive got to sell the Avalon and get some dough so i can get some mods done to it, as it now in grandpa spc mode, immediate mods include window tint and some silver cop steelies to replace the hubcaps.

*No pics yet, ill get some up on Tuesday.

XF S pack Sedan- AU 302 Windsor, T5, 2.77 LSD, Many Mods
Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2006, 06:30 PM   #2
The Monty
Just slidin'

Good to hear. Now you can become a recluse along with the rest of us Aufalcon people.
Old 15-04-2006, 06:48 PM   #3
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Welcome aboard mate, got myself a E-Gas AU2 about 2 months ago and its the bee's knees. You'll love it for the power and economy.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2006, 06:58 PM   #4
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Welcome, the AU is a great car, as you've seen for yourself!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2006, 03:10 PM   #5
peterr

Default AU Color

We bought our AU11 just after the start of this year, same color as yours,try
asking some one what color it is depending on if its in the sun or shade or night our car looks a differant color !! We have had gold, silver, gray and even a bit of green described to us.Organza comes up very well with a bit of a wax nice deap shine ! :thebirds:
We paid $9,300 with 105ks in top condition like you no squeaks or rattles, we have been on a 2,500 tip and got 8ks per 100 but around town we get about 550 per tank of upl gas may be an option soon.
Peterr
peterr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2006, 06:02 PM   #6
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

ah another AU owner they are gaining more and more votes people are seeing wat a great car they are enjoy yours
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2006, 06:31 PM   #7
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

EGAS models are great .... best thing Ford ever did ... just getting the fuel gauge to work properly now is my main concern .... ia m like you though I do a lot of travelling though .... and it is only just 12 months old now ... and I have only done 60,000km in it .... I think this next year it will do much more though.

Has been a great work/play vehicle ... I should have gotten one ages ago.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2006, 07:07 PM   #8
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

Yeh i cant wait to pick it up on tuesday and get some miles on it and begin my AU Falcon edumacation.

Old 17-04-2006, 01:13 AM   #9
Baboon_AU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

all i can say is go the EGAS!!
oh. and yeah, congrats on the new car

1981 XD Fairmont 351 - 351 Cleveland, ARP bolts, flat top pistons, Stage 3 Dynotec cam, ported 2V heads with 4V valves, Roller Rockers, Weiand manifold, Mighty Demon, 1/2" fuel lines with blue Holley fuel pump, Crane hi-6 ignition, B&M megashifter, C4, hi-stall, shift kit, 3.77 Ford 9" LSD.

Thanks to: EvilChief and SJW Performance
Baboon_AU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 07:29 PM   #10
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

Ok, i picked it up today, just trying to get used to it now, its the complete opposite to my Avalon, Front Wheel Drive Luxo barge back to RWD sedan. Ill get used to it pretty quickly though, did 200klms in it today, but due to the wet, i was in Grandpa mode.

Anyhow it needs a bit of a clean and detail (as soon as i get some time i will do), but otherwise its good to go and the smirk on my face at the petrol station today was a mile wide.

I've got to do some immediate mods soon though, get some tinted windoes, fix the missing inset in the rear bumper, ditch the weathershield, get some clear side repeaters and do something about those hubcaps.

Anyhow here are some of the pics promised (took them quickly today)-

*56K warning

Last edited by Fairlane; 18-04-2006 at 07:33 PM. Reason: 56K warning
Old 18-04-2006, 07:38 PM   #11
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

And one i took up at the power station (its a good place to get night shots)

Old 18-04-2006, 10:28 PM   #12
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Good pick up mate and welcome to the family !
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2006, 04:13 PM   #13
peterr

Congrats on your new Ford,nice pics lucky you have a green rocker cover !! Hub caps dont realy help we will replace ours once all the expence or home reno is over only got paint inside to do.
peterr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2006, 04:20 PM   #14
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

Yeh, is spent all day cleaning it today, i swear it hasnt had an vinyl protectant on it in a while, but its all smick now.

The hubcaps wouldnt be so bad except for the fact that every basemodel Ford Falcon for about the 6 years has had the same design.

Converting an AU over to gas might be a good idea, because with the way the world going fuel is going up and up and the dedicated E-Gas models arent cheap at all (The BA's go like hot cakes). This car cost me $12,000, not cheap, especially when ill only get a few thousand more for my Avalon which is in immaculate condition and is considerably better optioned.

Old 19-04-2006, 09:37 PM   #15
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

nice pick up fairlane ,looks like the coolant might need a freshen up mate, wish mine was that clean, congrats
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2006, 08:26 AM   #16
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

If you want a clean header tank ... go to a wrecker and pick up a BA on ...
That's what I did ... only cost me $40 ... and then $20 for a new hose to the radiator (which i needed anyway).

My AU header tank is still clean though ... if you want you can have that one and no need to change the hose over.

I will be replacing mine this coming weekend (so I can move the converter to fit the extractors) - there's another thread in the LPG section about this.

All in all though ... looks like a nice clean vehicle though ... and you will definitely be smiling at the servo (seeing as LPG will be dropping in price now that the Northern Hemishpere winter is over and demand has dropped for LPG).

I filled up for 47.9c/L the other day .... happy days.
Old 20-04-2006, 11:31 AM   #17
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

Well im getting there, im definately doing something about that header tank and the coolant this weekend, thanks for the offer Mechan1k, if the wreckers stuffs me around I might grab that one off you, because things like a dirty header tank give me the ****s.

Anyhow ive already been down to ford and the local parts places and ive got some clear side repeaters, tailored floor mats, chrome T-bar shifter surround (Ghia), BA scuff plates and that bumper inset on order. Was going to order a leather T-bar shifter (not the momo) as well but the $220 price scared me off, i might just grab one of E-bay.

LPG is 54.9 up here on the central coast and in Newie.

Old 20-04-2006, 11:45 AM   #18
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

And the mods begin .... hee hee

I got my Leather Momo auto shifter for around $80 from Roman Autotek brand new.
There's a nice little list on here for all the interior bits and pieces and parts numbers from Ford as well (has come in handy for me that's for sure).

There's a lot of little bits and pieces you can add ... my header tank is a "little" discoloured ... but it should be too difficult to clean out ... I hope ... but i am sure you can pick up a clean one from somewhere.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:01 PM   #19
ten[A]cio[U]s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Very nice mate. Looks very straight.

Future fun: 1968 Ford Galaxie 500

ten[A]cio[U]s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2006, 11:10 PM   #20
HLC
Audi S3

AU's are awesome cool.
Old 02-05-2006, 12:35 AM   #21
DENKO
Bseries hardcore

nice au mate!
BF MKII XR8, 13.8 @ 107mph
BA MKII F6 TYPHOON
BA MKII XR6 TURBO

BF MKII F6 TYPHOON R-spec, 13.2 @ 109 mph [LTHLF-6]
PX Ranger WILDTRAK
DENKO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2006, 11:39 AM   #22
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

Yeh, i just been sorting out the sevicing, changing all the fluids, got some new iridium plugs for it. Found some time last week and cleaned it and waxed it up, it came up well.

Further mods are on hold for about a month though (no time, too busy with Uni stuff), but after driving it for a while, i really think it needs a lowering. Looking at a King Low's and new shocks (sits to high for my liking), a sport exhaust and color coding (The SR grille thread gave me some ideas).

Anyhow as soon as i get some time the mods will come thick and fast as ive got a bit of spare cash. Ill probably start up a thread in the workshop builds section, when the mods start coming.