Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 10-03-2024, 09:57 PM   #5671
fatgas
Purveyor of fine filth

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad2 View Post

what windows?.

Double glazed Michaelsoft Binbows.
fatgas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2024, 07:03 PM   #5672
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Picked up a bloody tec screw.
New tube or plug it?��
This user likes this post:
Old 11-03-2024, 07:24 PM   #5673
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
New tube or plug it?��
New tyre, the tread is too low for my liking...........................
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 11-03-2024, 07:30 PM   #5674
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
New tube or plug it?��
I reckon if you take it out and don’t tell anyone,it will last for years of trouble free plodding
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-03-2024, 09:12 PM   #5675
Trendseeker

Plug it or the water will get in.
Old 11-03-2024, 09:14 PM   #5676
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trendseeker View Post
Plug it or the water will get in.
Yeah,but leave the hole and the water gets out easier
Old 11-03-2024, 09:22 PM   #5677
Trendseeker

After soaking your foot first
Old 11-03-2024, 09:27 PM   #5678
.:4:.
Kicking back

Pretty sure these days shops can't do plugs, only internal patches. But atleast its not on the sidewall, so saves you getting a new one, or new pair as is recomended when a new tread is required....
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-03-2024, 09:38 PM   #5679
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

If its not leaking just cut the head off, the rest will wear down with the tread.
prktkljokr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2024, 09:51 PM   #5680
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maybe use a bit of sikaflex,but keep your foot out of it for a few hours
2 users like this post:
Old 11-03-2024, 09:59 PM   #5681
Kicking back

Hmmmm, back to annoyances. Computers aren't smart, they only do what you tell them to. So yes, i did something dumb, anyhow I've started the hours long way to fix my foible.
Old 11-03-2024, 10:42 PM   #5682
fatgas
Purveyor of fine filth

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Hmmmm, back to annoyances. Computers aren't smart, they only do what you tell them to. So yes, i did something dumb, anyhow I've started the hours long way to fix my foible.

How dumb?
Old 12-03-2024, 07:44 AM   #5683
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
New tube or plug it?��
Add a few more and get a snow tread.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2024, 01:54 PM   #5684
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

heap cricket boots
Old 12-03-2024, 03:56 PM   #5685
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatgas View Post
How dumb?
It was just i had a program setting where it would auto download updates to the laptops ssd not the external hdd where the program exists so my laptop randomly came up saying disk full. I tried moving the 300gb file over to the external but the program didnt recognise the change so it was a delete then re install to the external. Not the end of the world, just a bit annoying.
3 users like this post:
Old 13-03-2024, 06:00 PM   #5686
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Sliced open the “heel” of my thumb pulling trimmed, ground metal off a donor cut (suddenly came free). I think that’s it for sheet metal work this afternoon. :-(
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 14-03-2024, 06:09 PM   #5687
fatgas
Purveyor of fine filth

The Whirlpool forum. It has to be one of the most retarded places on the interwebz; it makes reddit look like Harvard.

I created an account not an hour ago, made some sensible posts and asked a couple of questions about a mirrorless camera and got up to make a coffee. I came back, did a refresh and BANHAMMER! What the hell is wrong with the mods on that site???
2 users like this post:
Old 16-03-2024, 04:51 PM   #5688
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Quote:
Originally Posted by prktkljokr View Post
I hate how you have to make the decision to put an old pet down, Found this cat as a kitten that hadn't even opened its eyes 16 years ago fed him with a eye dropper until he could eat himself, followed me around like a dog, even used to come running when you whistled, noticed that he was getting thinner a few weeks ago, from 8KG now just over 3kg, took him to the vet a few weeks ago and they confirmed what we though seeing he is now old, he's not moving much and has as of this morning gone off eating, so it looks like we have to make the decision, its hard to tell if he is in any pain so its more a quality of life rather than quantity, as he is not going to get any better.
The day after this post he started eating and was a little bit better, but unfortunately we had to make the decision today, so today sucks.
prktkljokr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2024, 06:41 PM   #5689
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by prktkljokr View Post
The day after this post he started eating and was a little bit better, but unfortunately we had to make the decision today, so today sucks.

never easy mate. know and feel your sadness.
mad2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2024, 07:23 PM   #5690
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Dodgy Booking.com listers.

Booked a holiday house called Bonney Shores in Barmera for the Easter long weekend through Booking.com on Saturday evening just past, property was listed as new to the site.
Requested a special check-in time through the site which was confirmed by the owner at 8.01am yesterday.
Today I receive an email from the owner requesting I cancel my booking as they'd also listed it on airbnb and somehow double booked it.
I replied asking why they dont make the other party cancel, they said the other party booked first.
I said then why did you confirm my check-in request 2 days later if you had another booking.
They said they hadnt realised at that stage.
I said thats not my problem we have a confirmed agreement and for all I know you may be preferancing the other booking now as its more lucrative.
I've since lodged a complaint with Booking.com as I've booked and paid for accommodation for other family elsewhere that cant be cancelled without attracting a fee and I dont see why I should have to.

Anyone encounter this before?

First for me having used Booking.com for years.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2024, 07:32 PM   #5691
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Dodgy Booking.com listers.

Booked a holiday house called Bonney Shores in Barmera for the Easter long weekend through Booking.com on Saturday evening just past, property was listed as new to the site.
Requested a special check-in time through the site which was confirmed by the owner at 8.01am yesterday.
Today I receive an email from the owner requesting I cancel my booking as they'd also listed it on airbnb and somehow double booked it.
I replied asking why they dont make the other party cancel, they said the other party booked first.
I said then why did you confirm my check-in request 2 days later if you had another booking.
They said they hadnt realised at that stage.
I said thats not my problem we have a confirmed agreement and for all I know you may be preferancing the other booking now as its more lucrative.
I've since lodged a complaint with Booking.com as I've booked and paid for accommodation for other family elsewhere that cant be cancelled without attracting a fee and I dont see why I should have to.

Anyone encounter this before?

First for me having used Booking.com for years.
Right, i have heard of this happening from front desk staff at hotels. What happens is, and they stress out about this, is bookings from 3rd party sites (so not direct) have a bit of a delay before getting to the hotel. So direct bookings through their system or whatever get processed right away and the 3rd party ones come in which is fine if the place isnt booked out, but its 1st come 1st served.
3 users like this post:
Old 20-03-2024, 07:07 PM   #5692
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Had a moron in a black Tesla Model 3 tailgating me this morning. Considering the steel tray made like a brick sh.t house attached to my car, he would have written off that fancy electric car should I had to brake suddenly. He then pulled into the next lane, ran a red light before pulling to turn down the service road. I think I know where he works, so.................

Here's a tip for anyone with a personalized number plates.............don't drive like a di.k bag, your behavior is easier to report with a memorable number plate.
Mustang GT

3 users like this post:
Old 20-03-2024, 08:22 PM   #5693
fatgas
Purveyor of fine filth

You couldn't make this shit up.

The pole smokers at Gumtree this evening killed my account because wait for it... I login via a VPN. I went through the motions and somehow got their live chat feature working (something I later found out they haven't enabled since the spicy cough stageshow) and was told that because I connect via VPN, I'm not allowed to use Gumtree. I then said to old mate, "so because I want a shred of privacy (knowing full well complete privacy on the interwebz is very difficult to achieve), I'm being penalised?" I then relayed to this muppet that I had at least two dozen positive feedbacks on their various metrics and then said, "do they mean nothing?"

He had no answer and as a parting remark, I said:

"Makes me wonder if this and sites like it were made up to pool the stupid and retarded of the world", to which he responded, "what do you mean?"
2 users like this post:
Old 20-03-2024, 08:45 PM   #5694
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
You couldn't make this shit up.

The pole smokers at Gumtree this evening killed my account because wait for it... I login via a VPN. I went through the motions and somehow got their live chat feature working (something I later found out they haven't enabled since the spicy cough stageshow) and was told that because I connect via VPN, I'm not allowed to use Gumtree. I then said to old mate, "so because I want a shred of privacy (knowing full well complete privacy on the interwebz is very difficult to achieve), I'm being penalised?" I then relayed to this muppet that I had at least two dozen positive feedbacks on their various metrics and then said, "do they mean nothing?"

He had no answer and as a parting remark, I said:

"Makes me wonder if this and sites like it were made up to pool the stupid and retarded of the world", to which he responded, "what do you mean?"
Annnd.......................this is why I don't use Gumtree or FB Marketplace, too many morons.
Mustang GT

3 users like this post:
Old 20-03-2024, 08:51 PM   #5695
fatgas
Purveyor of fine filth

Oh FB Marketplace... the wife tried to sell some shoes she never wore and I kid you not, there were two "participants" asking if they came with batteries, one offered a Nigerian gold dinar, another wanted the shoes for free, and the piece de resistance... one absolute cocksmack actually asked if his todger would fit in the shoes.

I'm about ready to move into a remote cabin somewhere and bid farewell to the "civilised" world (I am being totally facetious claiming this absolute sewer is civilised).
6 users like this post:
Old 20-03-2024, 10:22 PM   #5696
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Quote:
Oh FB Marketplace... the wife tried to sell some shoes she never wore and I kid you not, there were two "participants" asking if they came with batteries, one offered a Nigerian gold dinar, another wanted the shoes for free, and the piece de resistance... one absolute cocksmack actually asked if his todger would fit in the shoes.

I'm about ready to move into a remote cabin somewhere and bid farewell to the "civilised" world (I am being totally facetious claiming this absolute sewer is civilised).

and that is why i was able to offer a measly 1200 after the missus said 1400 and my offer was accepted! ..... wanted 2000.

was home for a little while & then went out the back........ found this. i was seriously thinking of removing the rope on tree [i wanted a really angry face]

the wire is to keep the cats out and keep ours in. i had started putting up star pickets as a temp measure when i started taking the pics [bricks were for some paving that won't get done now]. part of fence has a split in a paling from top to bottom with a chunk out of it at the base [no photo]. not effin impressed. wonder how the neighbour with a shed next to tree will go on their turn!?. fence palings were used as the main supports so not a lot of expense.
mad2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2024, 12:06 PM   #5697
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Non functional dash lighting on the daily, 1990 vintage.

To remove the cluster you start with the console, then cluster hood, then steering column shroud, then below-cluster centre trim, then left and right fascias, then disconnect and remove cluster. Way over-complicating a simple maintenance procedure.
2 users like this post:
Old 21-03-2024, 02:01 PM   #5698
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Dash lights resolved - one of those horrible eighties circuits of copper deposited onto thin plastic film, it had shrunk and overlapping contact points had insufficient contact.

But of course in performing the repairs, my speedo cable head end fixing snapped and the high beam wiring has dropped out.
5 users like this post:
Old 22-03-2024, 02:02 PM   #5699
Roger1960

Quote:

There are some seriously disturbed people in this world, and speaking of woman's shoes............

Here in Adelaide, in the 1980's, a friend of my cousin was called up for jury duty. The court case involved this guy, who would stand naked by his open lounge window, that faced the fromt of the house. He held a woman's shoe in one hand, and his dick in the other hand, and would masturbate in to the shoe when people walked past on the footpath. Needless to say, somebody called the cops, and he ended up in front of the judge.

I don't care how people get their rocks off, but please shut the curtains, nobody wants to see stuff like that, least of all kids.
Old 22-03-2024, 05:35 PM   #5700
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Vans crossflow exhaust leak from yesterday getting worse.

Unfortunately can not determine if its the head to manifold gasket leaking or just at the exhaust pipe flange.

Fortunately the local Burson's had both gaskets on the shelf.

Unfortunately I don't have all the tools I need to fix it while away. EGR pipe etc.

Wondering if the unleaded cat XF's have a exhaust engine pipe flange gasket as I was told they don't, parts books shows they do.

Now not sure I want to fix it while away due to the possibility of snapping an exhaust manifold stud.

Bummer, hopefully it won't get to loud until after Easter Tuesday.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post