Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 26-05-2023, 04:14 PM   #1
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Big chain supermarkets

My wife and I went to Woolworths 2 weeks ago because we had to go to the town it's in for business - it's a 150km trip which is why we don't shop there normally.
The place was an absolute S-fight with trolleys strewn everywhere, most of them with goods waiting to be put on shelves. While some items were labelled with the price, the vast majority didn't.The number of standard items that were priced higher than our little local supermarket was certainly an eye opener. Drinks which are $5.20 at home were $7, other bottled items were $4.28 compared to $1.80, fresh chicken product was $6.50 but only $5 at home etc. I wrote to Woolies about it and they couldn't give a stuff.
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-05-2023, 09:39 PM   #2
tbro4123

Default Re: Big chain supermarkets

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG17 View Post
The place was an absolute S-fight with trolleys strewn everywhere, most of them with goods waiting to be put on shelves. While some items were labelled with the price, the vast majority didn't.The number of standard items that were priced higher than our little local supermarket was certainly an eye opener. Drinks which are $5.20 at home were $7, other bottled items were $4.28 compared to $1.80, fresh chicken product was $6.50 but only $5 at home etc. I wrote to Woolies about it and they couldn't give a stuff.

And then they expect "you" the customer to use the self serve.

I dropped over to our local for some milk and I watched a family with 3 stacked to the rafters with meat vegs and house hold shopping, stop and look around and then the old man said in a nice loud voice why are the registers not open????? Then the smarmy little assistant manager (had that ar**hole look and attitude) said "well sir I suppose you'll have to use the self checkout" Like F88K you can shove this where the sun don't shine bucko and then him, mumma bear and baby bear all walked out leaving the trolleys jammed in the aisle.

Geez I enjoyed that, especially the way little hitler was spittin and spewin. was worth the trip to Woolies.

Terry
tbro4123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post: