Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 09:04 PM   #31
XW Boy
Being built not bought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmmoJammo
but they don't NEED it, so why let them? so they can cause accidents, and kill themselves? great idea!
What? So you are saying that we all should wait until we get older so we can learn because we will automatically be better drivers? I think its obvious here in your case that this is not so. It's very important that people get the L plates at this age so that they are still at home with there parents and are able to get some supervised experience up.

Someone once told me that "no one is born with experience" and u saying that someone who is older will be a great driver when they have had no experience compared to a 16 year old with no experience is a joke.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:15 PM   #32
AmmoJammo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XW Boy
What? So you are saying that we all should wait until we get older so we can learn because we will automatically be better drivers? I think its obvious here in your case that this is not so. It's very important that people get the L plates at this age so that they are still at home with there parents and are able to get some supervised experience up.

Someone once told me that "no one is born with experience" and u saying that someone who is older will be a great driver when they have had no experience compared to a 16 year old with no experience is a joke.
I never said ANYTHING about experience mate...

I simply said, that (hopefully) older, more mature guys, will be less likely to go hooning around, doing 120km in a 60 zone or whatever, and end up wrapping themselves around a tree....
Old 09-04-2006, 09:29 PM   #33
eb91xr6
V8 Ute V8 Boat

you can make some quick na 6's but good old SA i can drive my old mans WRX STI, tell ya what every one wants to drag you in that thing when you have p plates in that, i had my L's the day i was 16 then got my P's 2 weeks before i was 16 1/2 i had my first accident in my sisters barina around 1 month ago and it was because some dick head decided to do a u-turn and not look, so i was driving for 20 months till i had a crash, and my falcon is pritty quick, its not the age its the maturaty,
125 Thumpster 2010
Swag
All set for the weekend
Old 09-04-2006, 09:37 PM   #34
AmmoJammo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb91xr6
you can make some quick na 6's but good old SA i can drive my old mans WRX STI, tell ya what every one wants to drag you in that thing when you have p plates in that, i had my L's the day i was 16 then got my P's 2 weeks before i was 16 1/2 i had my first accident in my sisters barina around 1 month ago and it was because some dick head decided to do a u-turn and not look, so i was driving for 20 months till i had a crash, and my falcon is pritty quick, its not the age its the maturaty,
wanna race?
Old 09-04-2006, 09:53 PM   #35
2kool4u

Location: I live in my own little world, but it's alright, the people know me here

Older drivers scare me more than younger drivers, cause they think they are the best drivers in the world cause they've had years of experience. I'm not a very experienced driver (but a ИИИИИload better than most) therefore i don't do stupid ИИИИИ, cause i know something could go wrong.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:56 PM   #36
mick.wheelz

Quote:
wanna race?
so very mature...

When it comes to the debate of the age at which you should be able to get your learners/provisionals. I think that in qld at least the age for learners should be lowered to 16, while the age you can get your provisionals should stay at 17. Giving young drivers a full year to learn how to drive and handle a motor vehicle/motorbike on the road.

Just because you are 20 and have your learners does not automaticly make you a better driver me because i am 2 years younger (and have my provisional licence i might add) or any other person who is younger and has their learners or provisonals.

Yes, there are a lot of 17, 18, 19 year old idiots out there who will end up wraping their vs commodores arround trees. But there are also a lot of idiots in your age group who will do the same thing.

No offence to you, but you sound about as mature as my 16 and 1/2 year old mates who are just going for their learners now.

Congratulations on getting your learners of course, and I hope you have a safe time driving, but listen to your parents, they have probably been driving for a long time and know far more about how to handle a vehicle than you do at the moment.

Just remember, it isnt the age of the driver, its their maturity level.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:16 PM   #37
AmmoJammo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick.wheelz
so very mature...
wanna race?
Old 09-04-2006, 10:24 PM   #38
eminvil_12

AmmoJammo, im now 17 and a half and getting my P's in 6 months there abouts.
The day after i turned 16 i was at VicRoads getting my learners permit.
I dont see how you can assume that younger drivers such as myself cannot drive as well as an 20 year old which has just got his L's or P's etc. As on the advertising campaign learner drivers should have atleast 120 hours under their belt before rabbing their probationary liscence. This is so true, if i did get my L's at a later age such as you i would definately stay on them until i had near 100 hours experience aswell as a few lessons.

I think i am a very good driver for the time i have learned in (150 hours approx so far), sure i would be the first to admit that i need experience in different situations.

Hmmmm, im ranting on now but having the learner permit at age 16 is great, i would even recommend 15 as an appropriate age. As long as minors have a responsible adult within the car it should be fine. maybe a minimum age of 30 etc.

/rant

EDIT: Could you imagine teenagers getting behind the wheel at 20 with only a year driving experience with an adult.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:34 PM   #39
mick.wheelz

Quote:
wanna race?
well since i have an auto xf falcon and its about as quick off the mark as a pushbike, i will have to decline.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:36 PM   #40
AmmoJammo
Banned

Quote:
well since i have an aut xf falcon and its about as quick off the mark as a pushbike, i will have to decline.
I have a pushbike!!!

wanna race!!!
Old 09-04-2006, 10:38 PM   #41
eminvil_12

I dunno if its just me, but Ammo, that joke isnt fnny and never was funny
Old 09-04-2006, 10:41 PM   #42
AmmoJammo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eminvil_12
I dunno if its just me, but Ammo, that joke isnt fnny and never was funny
wanna race?
Old 09-04-2006, 10:42 PM   #43
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I never said ANYTHING about experience mate...

I simply said, that (hopefully) older, more mature guys, will be less likely to go hooning around, doing 120km in a 60 zone or whatever, and end up wrapping themselves around a tree....
Indeed, we can all hope can't we... : :nutsycuck

Quote:
dad didn't appreciate me stopping with the front wheels (front wheel drive car) in the mud, then accellerating quickly, and spinning the wheels.. hehe

dad said it was a tight bend, and that you couldn't take it at 50km/hr, so I tried it :p lol

going to break my parents car before I drive mine

wanna race?
Old 09-04-2006, 11:34 PM   #44
Damo
Banned

i'll race you!

Faggot!
Old 09-04-2006, 11:40 PM   #45
XR6Gal
Just Super Happy now :)

Yeh AmmoJammo, enough with the wanna race crud.

PhantomBA XR6 (Sold), now a VW owner (don't hold it against me )

& also a CM Valiant Wagon, gotta love the old Val's
see her progress here
NOW SOLD :( but now have a
Honda CBR250 Motorbike
Old 09-04-2006, 11:42 PM   #46
AmmoJammo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6Gal
Yeh AmmoJammo, enough with the wanna race crud.
wanna race?
Old 09-04-2006, 11:44 PM   #47
mick.wheelz

Quote:
wanna race?
hmm... messing with the moderators... such a wise idea
Old 09-04-2006, 11:45 PM   #48
AmmoJammo
Banned

Quote:
hmm... messing with the moderators... such a wise idea
wanna race?
Old 09-04-2006, 11:46 PM   #49
XR6Gal
Just Super Happy now :)

wanna holiday from the forums?

PhantomBA XR6 (Sold), now a VW owner (don't hold it against me )

& also a CM Valiant Wagon, gotta love the old Val's
see her progress here
NOW SOLD :( but now have a
Honda CBR250 Motorbike
Old 09-04-2006, 11:46 PM   #50
Damo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damo
i'll race you!

Faggot!
Seriously though, you are a 20 year old and you failed you L's 3 times and now you want to *race* everyone ?

Grow up mate!
Old 09-04-2006, 11:47 PM   #51
mick.wheelz

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6Gal
wanna holiday from the forums?
make sure he gets one of the pretty pink avatars too
Old 09-04-2006, 11:47 PM   #52
AmmoJammo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damo
Seriously though, you are a 20 year old and you failed you L's 3 times and now you want to *race* everyone ?

Grow up mate!
wanna race?
Old 10-04-2006, 12:10 AM   #53
klawsterfobik
Bad Music and Litre Bikes

in all seriousness... you failed your L's 3 times, and now your importing a 4 litre V8 lexus from Japan. You've got some serious smarts under your belt.

Driving is a privlidge, hopefully you'll learn that during your time on your L plates. Though from what you've posted so far, stopping in the mud and then spinning the wheels taking off, almost slamming into a gutter, disregarding the advice of an experienced driver in favour of your own "i saw it on fast and furious so i can do it" thinking... i highly doubt that you will see how much of a privlidge it is.

And before you ask, no i don't want to race. I wouldn't want to be within 100 kilometres of you when your behind the wheel.
Anyway. Enough reality, back to the topic.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:52 AM   #54
santoitaliano
BF F6, APV SR3900

nobody wants to race mate, they value THEIR cars in one piece..

*sigh*

White APV SR3900 [WIZZRD] (Click Here) [/COLOR]

Daily:
2006 Red BF F6 Typhoon
Bluepower enhanced.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:22 AM   #55
-jjM-
Banned

Quote:
wanna race?
Old 10-04-2006, 02:27 AM   #56
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Somebody delete this please......
What a waste
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
Old 10-04-2006, 02:39 AM   #57
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

Quote:
I'm 20, didn't bother learning to drive a few years ago, but a few months ago, I decided it was time (plus, I just bought a car, and its on its way from Japan now)

anyhoo, 3rd visit, 4th time attempting the test, 100 bux later, and FINALLY I passed!!!

first time, I got all the give way questions right, no sweat. Got two too many of the multiple choice wrong. heh

second time, I failed the give ways TWICE!!! :

heh, alway, today I went back, sat the test, giveways no problems, multiple choice.... PERFECT!!! all right!!! yay!!!

guess actually looking at the rule book paid off :p hehe

BYES!!!
WELDONE DUDE!!

I was 20 when I went for mine for the 3rd time... first and second time (When I was 16 on the dot) I was really close... I lost interest and motivation to go for my l's... four years later I went for my L's did the computer test on the internet(vicroads site!!) and was extremely happy with the out come, so it gave me more confidence and I ended up with 100% in the test and completed the test in 10 minutes...literally... cause I did the test on the internet about 10 times so everything was a breeze...

21 now, I can go for my p's however no one is home to take me for cruises(lol) - an no $$$ for lessons with instructors, so I have like a few hours total time driving in 6 months, i'm going to be the worst driver EVER one the road when I go for and (Eventually) get my p's 100% i ain't passing first shot.. the thing that is scarring me atm is that I know I will do something stupid (speed) but when i'm in that situation i wouldn't think .. and do it.... no experience = crash :S

but yeah, good on ya for getting your l's

Last edited by kyro_02; 10-04-2006 at 02:50 AM.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:48 AM   #58
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljh74
Generally I'm usually a bit worried when someone says it took them multiple attempts to get there L's - because the P plate test won't be easier.
Exactly, my mate who failed 5 times on his l's(i think) eventually got his l's then his p's ... lost his license after 5 months for just going through stop signs and a few k's over the limit unintentually.. as he isn't really experienced... but he is taking more causion driving now cause he lost his p's and just got 'em back.

Quote:
I suppose my experience with people who take a few attempts to get there L's usually is they end up being very ordinary drivers. If you don't know the road rules sufficiently, then there's a chance you could end up in a prang because of it. I had a strong grasp of road rules before I went for my L's because I was already mixing it with traffic on main roads as a cyclist - 5000 kms a year.
True, my mate(another one) - you're gonna get sick of me saying ay? lol.... anyway he fluked..literraly fluked the l's test and not sure on the p's but he was a coon he didn't know the rules but magically passed... but he got his p's .. always told him 'you're a lucky guessing your test' esp. his p's.. he has crashed 3 times all his fault...

Quote:
I got my L's first time at 17 with 2 questions wrong which were pointed out to me so I was shown the correct answers
The lady that booked me in was giggling and she couldn't believe i passed soo fast and with 100% in 10 minutes and like i was expecting to get alteast 1 wrong but suprised myself I guess ;) - there was another lady in before me looked like she was there 20 mins before me and i "wiped her door handles off" lol :P
Old 10-04-2006, 04:43 AM   #59
2kool4u

Location: I live in my own little world, but it's alright, the people know me here

why doesn't anyone on here have a sense of humour, and it's a bit slack that if you muck around and ask a mod if he wants to race he can threaten to suspend you from the board.

Lighten up peoples!!!
Old 10-04-2006, 11:07 AM   #60
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

I have the Close thread button

Wanna Push me?
Closed Thread