Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 09-04-2006, 06:20 PM   #1
[LAWSY]
tyre fryer

Default i have a problem

hey guys

just wanted to know if anyone could help me out.

my cars gearbox somtimes gets stuck in 3rd. it would be driving fine then id pull up at a set of lights, go to take off and it stays in 3rd. if i stop the engine then start it again its back to normal. i think it may be a sensor or somthing in the electronics, i was just wondering if this has happened to anyone elses auto, or if anyone would have any idea what it could be?

any help would be tops

thanks

Old 09-04-2006, 06:22 PM   #2
John_LS1

it is definetly going into limp home mode. its weird how it re-sets itself but. it could be possible your ecu which controls the auto is stuffing up. other then that check the speedo sender unit and the cog inside it for damage.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 06:24 PM   #3
Sundeep
Banned

That'd be the S5 solenoid. I've had the same problem. I think from memory Ford charge $400 to replace it, but it's a $70 part or something. Would take a couple of hours to replace yourself if you are mechanically minded.

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 06:28 PM   #4
NZ
~~~

Nice car btw. I was checkin it out last night. Youd be the only car that left bayswater that DIDnt pull a burnout :thumbsup:

"the man that crashs AFF"
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 08:41 PM   #5
EF302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ
Nice car btw. I was checkin it out last night. Youd be the only car that left bayswater that DIDnt pull a burnout :thumbsup:
mybe he was stuck in limp mode. lol
EF302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 09:11 PM   #6
bakes_eb

mine did the same thing when i had the auto in it.... gave it a service and it was fine.
Freshly painted in Cobalt Blue.
lowered with ultra lows.
17 inch mags fitted.
Just finished putting a low km el motor in her
bakes_eb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 09:42 PM   #7
EDXR6T

yer mine's doing the same right now

is you'r speedo working if not it will b you'r spped sender hang it over and you should b fine

mine shat it self Again because i didnt bother swaping the 3 speed coge ofer to a 4 speed one so now it's bk in LHM one again

bring on 5 speed
EDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post