Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-01-2020, 08:36 PM   #1
minheim

Default Ruby red touch up paint

I washed the Escape on Saturday and noted two very small stone chips on the lower front door and one on the rear passenger door. Does anyone know if there are any small touch up pens or little bottles in Ruby red you can buy at an auto store or can a Ford dealer supply the same. Thanks in advance.
minheim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2020, 10:17 PM   #2
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Default Re: Ruby red touch up paint

just go to an auto paint store and get them to mix up 50ml for you
Old 13-01-2020, 10:25 PM   #3
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ruby-Red...frcectupt=true

I use the above, make sure that you don't use the supplied brush, they are too big, grab an artists paint brush from a craft store or office works.

Also make sure you double check your paint code, I think there are two versions of Ford Ruby red.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-01-2020, 10:30 PM   #4
minheim

Thanks for the responses and the suggestions. The artist paint brush is a great tip and I will check the paint code.
Old 14-01-2020, 12:08 AM   #5
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Also..

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TOUCH-UP...MAAOxy0bRTFoSa
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 14-01-2020, 03:08 PM   #6
minheim

Rang the Parts dept of my selling dealer today and they have small nail polish type bottles for $20. Will pop down in the next day or so. I like the artist brush tip and will give that a go as the chips are very small and fine. Thanks again to all of you for the replies.
This user likes this post:
Old 14-01-2020, 03:37 PM   #7
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Better than any brush is fake eyelash applicators. Detailing shops charge a mint for these but grab em off eBay. Perfect for touch ups, cheap as chips and throw in the bin once done.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F183756489910